Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Dracula Origin (no hint requests please) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/22093-dracula-origin-no-hint-requests-please.html)

Henke 03-04-2008 04:28 PM

Dracula Origin (no hint requests please)

I didn't find a thread about this game. I remember seeing the first two screenshots and didn't think it looked that interesting. But now when I checked the info and screens on the official website I was blown away. This game seems really awesome! Can't wait for the demo. :)

AndreaDraco83 03-04-2008 05:35 PM

Although I'm not a huge fan of Frogwares and their Sherlock Holmes' series I expect much from this title, and yes the screenshots are splendid, as the artwork of Dracula, very Anne Rice-y :D

Hamham Chan 03-04-2008 05:49 PM

This is a horror game so it automatically enters my own personal hype-o-meter. :)

cloudsan 03-04-2008 10:17 PM

Big fan of there Sherlock Holmes games, but i'm a little disappointed to see there is no first person feature. :(

AndreaDraco83 03-05-2008 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudsan (Post 461645)
Big fan of there Sherlock Holmes games, but i'm a little disappointed to see there is no first person feature. :(

It's the reason 'cause I'm happy: no first person feature! :D

Jokes aside, in S. H. games the first person visual was very well implemented, and I always thought the the only genre in adventure gaming that benefit from 1st person perspective is horror, so maybe this visual would have fit well on Dracula Origin.

In this way, though, we can observe a very good design of old Van Helsing :P

DustyShinigami 03-05-2008 04:05 AM

This looks to be a promising game. A third-person/vampire/horror game? Count me in. Heck, even if the reviews aren't that great here, i'm still considering getting it and the same goes for A Vampyre Story and So Blonde. :D

Jehane 03-05-2008 05:24 AM

There's also going to be a first person Dracula-game by Kheops studios http://www.microids.com/en/catalogue...he-dragon.html
Both games look really cool, the Kheops game seems to be in the tradition of the first two Dracula games featuring Jonathan Harker; reminds me I still haven't finished Last Sanctuary... :)

cloudsan 03-05-2008 09:11 PM

What I liked about the First Person in S. H. was the fact that it truly fit the game. Its awesome experiencing everything first hand as if you were there. Thats how most crime scene games should be. (Condemned)

honeycomb 03-07-2008 03:04 AM

A Dracula story can be so camp and cliched but this looks great. Very atmospheric trailer and stylish screenshots.

AndreaDraco83 03-07-2008 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeycomb (Post 461812)
A Dracula story can be so camp and cliched but this looks great. Very atmospheric trailer and stylish screenshots.

Where have you find the trailer? On the official site there isn't one...

honeycomb 03-07-2008 07:09 PM

Sorry I mixed it up with Dracula 3. Amazingly that's another Dracula game coming out in the next few months. I think its from Kheops.

Melanie68 03-07-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeycomb (Post 461892)
Sorry I mixed it up with Dracula 3. Amazingly that's another Dracula game coming out in the next few months. I think its from Kheops.

I haven't gotten those different Dracula games straight in my head yet. :P Jehane linked to the Microids site for Drac 3 in post 7.

AG's game info pages:

Dracula Origins (Frogwares, third person, you play as Van Helsing)

Dracula 3 (Kheops, first person, play as Monsignor Arno Moriano, a loose continuation of the series which contains Resurrection and The Last Sanctuary)

AndreaDraco83 03-08-2008 04:50 AM

I'm waiting especially Dracula: Origin, 'cause I never liked the first two Dracula from Microids, and the Frogwares title seems to have a more original approach to the story (not speaking of the awesome graphic and the 3rd person point of view). As for the trailer, I can't wait to see Dracula: Origin's one.

kecko 05-31-2008 08:24 PM

i don't know how to play dracula origin?it's hard.help me.someone played and finished this game.

Melanie68 05-31-2008 08:49 PM

Welcome to AG kecko. Normally, if you need hints, you can start a thread in the Hint Requests and Tech Problems forum.

You need to be much more specific about what you are having problems with (is it a puzzle? running the game?) and start a thread in the forum I linked to so we can help you. :)

mosdl 05-31-2008 10:03 PM

I downloaded the demo for myself, and my gf went and played it and liked it, so bought it today for her.

So far, the graphics are pretty impressive, though often the screens are unanimated.

The puzzles are pretty good, and usually there are plenty of hints, though some have none (the pentagram one had to be solved using trial and error). Game is highly linear and usually won't let you leave a room until you are done (with a vague generic message from Van Helsing). Sometimes it isn't exactly obvious what needs to be done, so you have to walk around talking/taking everything for it to be made clear.

Van Helsing's comments sometimes are unintentionally funny because they are very formal ("The dead body has x. I will take it") and might seem to be attributed to bad translations. His accent sounds almost like Dracula does in movies, which is weird as well.

TezChi 05-31-2008 11:59 PM

I've played the demo and I think its very good. It comes out in the UK next Friday and I'll be definately picking up the full game then.

misslilo 06-01-2008 03:46 AM

If this game is a horror game, then I am a monkey. :D

I didn't find it scary at all - in fact it was more on the boring side.
Not saying I didn't enjoy it, cuz I did - but just not that much variety in terms of places to explore.

The point-and-click interface was ok, but I have seen better.

As it's been said in another thread, the game engine is the same as Sherlock Holmes - which for some works wonderfully.
I however, haven't finished any of the Sherlock games, because the 1st person view make me dizzy and sick...
Too bad really, cuz I really love the stories.

To get back to this game - the puzzles are fairly easy and logical.
Admitted - with a few you have to do trial and error - or like I did, ask on their official Forum :)

There was on puzzle, where I had absolutely NO clue as to what I was doing and solved it by accident I think, lol.
It was the -
Spoiler:
Shields in Armory puzzle. I just clicked around for about 10 minutes and boom - there it was

The game itself is pretty short and can be done in less than 10 hours.

usman 06-02-2008 05:13 AM

I just got my copy. Haven't checked it yet. I will update you guys as soon as I will install it and play for some hour.

VictimOfScience 06-02-2008 08:47 AM

Hopefully getting mine tomorrow. EBGamestop has pushed the release back like 4 times, each time ON THE SHIP DATE, so tomorrow it will supposedly be in stores. I will not hold my breath though.

Still, looks really nice and the atmosphere looks engrossing too which I LOVE in games.