You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #141

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

I don't understand the hate behind this game, I feel it is completely irrational. The puzzles are all within the bounds of logic and while they may be easy they all make perfect sense and they didn't go out of their way to scare off new or old adventure gamers. I thought it was a perfect balance, its exactly how I wish other games would be. I'm a busy guy, I don't have time to spend 5 hours on one puzzle. I don't feel accomplished when I solve them, I feel pissed off.

The story is amazing, and sure while you may start off doing typical day to day things, thats how life is, and thats when unexpected things happen. It doesn't take long for the epic story to pull you into it anyways. Things go downhill very quick. There are dramatic moments and suspenseful events I haven't experienced in a video game in a long time, and the amazing voice acting made me care about the characters and their involvement.

It's a little ironic that I hated the first Black Mirror game, I thought it was a pefect example of what an adventure game should not be.

While this game does have polish, thats not why I enjoyed it. It reminded my why I love adventure games again
Old 06-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #142

Black Mirror 3 confirmed. E3 announcement is coming soon:

http://www.adventure-treff.de/kommentar.php?newsid=4834
Old 06-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #143

Yessssssss
Old 06-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owskie View Post
The story is amazing, and sure while you may start off doing typical day to day things, thats how life is, and thats when unexpected things happen. It doesn't take long for the epic story to pull you into it anyways. Things go downhill very quick. There are dramatic moments and suspenseful events I haven't experienced in a video game in a long time, and the amazing voice acting made me care about the characters and their involvement.

It's a little ironic that I hated the first Black Mirror game, I thought it was a pefect example of what an adventure game should not be.

While this game does have polish, thats not why I enjoyed it. It reminded my why I love adventure games again
Not wanting to sound like the eternal pessimist, there were many moments in BM2 that reminded me of the first two Broken Sword games. I cannot put my finger on it but it started when:

Spoiler:
he first went to the hotel to meet his sister.

It was the scene that did it.

Apart from that I was never gripped. The ending was 'forced'.
Indeed for what I managed to get out of the first game (I was unable to complete it) I enjoyed the first game far more. But that's my opinion.

Yes the voice acting left a lot to be desired as was the running too and fro, but there are far worse examples out there. Try Sinking Island for one where running around a huge hotel and surrounding area becomes a chore in itself and a second job.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #145

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Yes several instances remind me of Broken Sword games... though I cant place what it is either.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #146
Dreamfall Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toops144 View Post

Try Sinking Island for one where running around a huge hotel and surrounding area becomes a chore in itself and a second job.
That was the worst!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #147
Schättenjager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptin View Post

Great news and hope sticks with same style and doesnt try full 3d coz story doesnt need to that.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #148
Schättenjager

Quote:

Great news and hope sticks with same style and doesnt try full 3d coz story doesnt need that.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #149
Random

I've just finished it. I think it's a good game, not exceptional, but good. The only thing that bothered me (like in the first one) was the ending. I hope the 3rd game will have a better ending instead of a sequel hook.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #150

am i the only one that enjoys sequel hooks?
Old 06-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #151

I just finished the game, I thought the ending was great! I can't wait to find out what happens in the next game.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:03 AM   #152
She Wants Revenge

Really looking forward to the sequel also. This game wasn't perfect but I still consider it very good. These days I enjoy the more realistic games with just some mystic, sci-fi or fantasy elements. Drama > Comedy. And I am not automatically disappointed about cliffhanger endings, it depends so much. Endings like Dreamfall, Culpa Innata and Black Mirror II give you an ending, a real one, just not a closure to everything that has been introduced in the game. I consider Dreamfall and Culpa Innata superior to BMII but it's not like I couldn't wait for 3 sequels instead of 2 .

Also I have to admit that nice graphics and overall polish in the game does a lot. BMII was a lot smoother to play than the first part and it wasn't just about it being easy. I just appreciate when the user interface is actually working and I am not encountering bugs and glitches everywhere.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #153
Ace Attorney

Send a message via AIM to shezcrafti

Quote:

Woohoo! That's exciting news!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #154
Ace Attorney

Send a message via AIM to shezcrafti

Oh, wanted to add one more thought re: voice acting...

It was far from perfect, but I don't think it was quite THAT bad... There were a few cringe-worthy moments, for sure, though. My main complaint is with Rosie and her girlfriend in the Biddeford souvenir shop--those sequences were pretty laughable. Also, some of the accents sounded pretty forced. But overall I think it worked well enough.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #155

rosie was awful, but i loved the main charactes!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 AM   #156

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Great news and hope sticks with same style and doesnt try full 3d coz story doesnt need that.
That would be a real huge disappointment. It would be a cold blooded murder if the game is converted to 3D.

I just finished the game. Although BM-1 still holds its place at top BM-2 is pretty good. It was quite simple in a manner an adventure should be. Everything was so logical that I scarcely had to visit the Walkthrough. The inconclusive ending was bit off, but at least it kept the room open for 3rd part. Can't wait for BM-3.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #157

First Black Mirror 3 screens:

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/..._Mirror_3.html

Release date?

November 5th, 2010
Old 06-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #158

So soon??? AMAZING!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #159
Hopeful skeptic

That's the German release date. No English date announced yet, and almost certainly won't be that soon.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #160

For those still searching for extras, I found a list of the photos on a German forum and have translated them into English. The list contains spoilers, so I would not recommend looking at the list until after you have completed the game.

Spoiler:
Chapter I
1. The fuse box after the fuse has been replaced and the power is turned on
2. The door of the junk shop
3. The ocean near the souvenir shop
4. The doctor in Biba’s Diner
5. The spin drier in Fuller’s backyard

Chapter II
6. Policewoman in police station
7. Manhunt pictures in police station
8. Trashcan to the right of Biba’s Diner (after Biba has emptied the garbage)
9. Fuller’s corpse in the morgue
10. The outline of Fuller’s corpse in the darkroom
11. Glasses in Angelina’s hotel room (when in the room alone)

Chapter III
12. The street next to the tower in Willow Creek
13. Bobby blowing bubbles
14. Beer glasses in the pub
15. Murray at the reception desk (after the tourists complain about the stinky room)
16. Water tank in the bunker (after the dark sequence, immediately after the torch is ignited)
17. Compressor in the bunker
18. Borris’s corpse in the close-up view of the locker in the bunker
19. Dark shaft in the mine (immediately after the boards are removed)

Chapter IV
20. Grand piano in the Wales manor
21. Door in the loft in Wales (from inside, when Bobby is tied in the chair)
22. The statue outside of the Wales manor
23. Monolith behind the garden house in Wales

Chapter V
24. Stone head over the gate in the academy
25. Grass between lighthouse and tree
26. Stone plinth next to the knapsack in the academy
27. Gordon family tree in the library of Black Mirror Castle
28. Wall mirror in the locked wing
29. Music box in the concealed room

Chapter VI
30. Dead Sally next to the bathtub
31. Grate in room with paving slabs