You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure 50% off all PC games $19.99 or less at Circuit City (1/20 - 1/26)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813 View Post
Was it marked $19.99 on the box or did you have to get a price check? I wanted to get Culpa Innata, but at my Circuit City it is marked $29.99. Tried to get some cheap adventures at Best Buy, but they wouldn't price match this deal.
$29.99 tag, price checked it. Saw a few other games there, but don't really need more right now, for reasons I'm about to outline in the "I Just Bought..." thread.

For those saying their local store hadn't heard about it, or they don't take part in clearance sales, just show them the ad on age 7 of the weekly circular. They should have stacks of the things sitting all around the store. If they STILL don't do it, forget 'em. I never shop at that place unless there's an excellent sale anyway. Games are never in order, stuff is always mismarked, etc.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #22

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Penumbra Overture - 8.00
Scratches - 7.50
Gothic 3 - 3.00
Ghost in the Sheet - 7.50
Paradise - 10.00
Agatha Christie - Evil Under the Sun - 4.50
Sherklock Holmes The Awakened - 10.00
Culpa Innata - 10.00
Stalker - 10.00
Resident Evil 4 - 10.00
Old 01-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #23
For honor and glory!

Send a message via AIM to Draiden Send a message via Yahoo to Draiden
Default Aww, shoot!

Awww man why'd I just learn about this today?

Ah well. Maybe my local Circuit City will still have some of these on discount today and throughout next week. Then again, where I live in Bklyn, NYC everything retail is usually jacked way up more than everywhere else in the country.

I am absolutely floored Owskie got Gothic 3 for Freakin'(!) $3.00 bucks, wow. Enjoy- the game is pretty good, but combat takes a while to get the hang of. I paid $30.00 for the same thing a few months back. Argh!

Also, anyone know what Ghost in the Sheet is like? I read up on it a little and it sounds funny, and fun.

And it looks like they have X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse. I'm not sure how many people are as into action/rpg hybrids as they are into adventures, but I had the chance to play this on a friends' PS2 console, and it's actually pretty darn fun. You control and level up a group of any 4 X-men (out of a roster of dozens) and can customize their equipment, outfit, powers and so on. Gameplay's kind of like a real-time version of Fallout Tactics. Apparently, it's only like $7.60 something, so it might be worth picking up.

Last edited by Draiden; 01-27-2008 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Grammatical/Spelling Errors
Old 01-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #24

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draiden View Post
Awww man why'd I just learn about this today?

Ah well. Maybe my local Circuit City will still have some of these on discount today and throughout next week. Then again, where I live in Bklyn, NYC everything retail is usually jacked way up more than everywhere else in the country.

I am absolutely floored Owskie got Gothic 3 for Freakin'(!) $3.00 bucks, wow. Enjoy- the game is pretty good, but combat takes a while to get the hang of. I paid $30.00 for the same thing a few months back. Argh!

Also, anyone know what Ghost in the Sheet is like? I read up on it a little and it sounds funny, and fun.

And it looks like they have X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse. I'm not sure how many people are as into action/rpg hybrids as they are into adventures, but I had the chance to play this on a friends' PS2 console, and it's actually pretty darn fun. You control and level up a group of any 4 X-men (out of a roster of dozens) and can customize their equipment, outfit, powers and so on. Gameplay's kind of like a real-time version of Fallout Tactics. Apparently, it's only like $7.60 something, so it might be worth picking up.
i was suprised too, i had them scan it to see what the price was...
the sticker said 49.99.... haha...

theres a review of ghost in the sheet here on the front page yet i think...
Old 01-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #25
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Agatha Christie - Evil Under the Sun - 4.50
Wow. I brought this game up for a price check and the guy was having trouble finding it in the computer. He finally said that since he couldn't find out, he would give it to me for $19.99 (the sticker said $29.99) and I said forget it. (I still haven't finished Murder on the Orient Express...) I would have bought it for $4.50 though!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
Wow. I brought this game up for a price check and the guy was having trouble finding it in the computer. He finally said that since he couldn't find out, he would give it to me for $19.99 (the sticker said $29.99) and I said forget it. (I still haven't finished Murder on the Orient Express...) I would have bought it for $4.50 though!
exactly what happened to me, except...
it didnt have a sticker on it..

and they couldnt find it..
so they took the price of the movie, 9.99 and halved it.