You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventures on the Wii?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #1
Writer-Designer

Default Adventures on the Wii?

http://www.nintendic.com/news/1663

Thought you might be interested.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #2
JKR

Sounds good to me!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Psychonaut

Unfortunatly people have been saying the same thing about the Lucusarts games and the DS for years and look how far that has come.

The Wii is set up for P&C, but as the article suggests Zack and Wiki hasn't really sold despite good reviews.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

It could be the next big Wii Sports, definetely, but we may never know if no well-known company is willing to give it a shot because as nice as "Zack and Wiki" and "And Then There Were None" are, they're not going to make a splash on the common person's radar. Lucasarts and Sierra are the two big names that everyone recognizes as the P&C masters, they're the only ones who could really generate a lot of buzz for the genre on Wii and neither are brave enough to try it out. Even if Sierra just repackaged that Police Quest compilation on the PC and put it on the Wii, that could be the catalyst for a huge revival of these classic games but we won't know if no one tries it.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 02-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #5

Does anyone have a list of all the adventure games coming to the Wii? There's quite a few,
Old 02-02-2008, 02:41 AM   #6
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Wikipedia has a list of 400+ Wii games, some half of which are upcoming. It's probably as comprehensive as you can find, but sorting out which of them are adventure games might take a while...
edit: IGN has a more manageable list of upcoming Wii games, which you can even sort by genre.

Last edited by Harald B; 02-02-2008 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #7
Treasure Hunter

What about the Myst games? If they were released (especially RealMyst) it might stir things up enough.

Playing: ...
Next up: Syberia 2, Full Throttle, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Old 02-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeJackrabbit View Post
What about the Myst games? If they were released (especially RealMyst) it might stir things up enough.
The team responsible for porting Myst to DS has apparently "considered" doing a Wii version as well. RealMyst could be fantastic on Wii, but I don't know if I trust Midway anymore.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #9

the wii is the perfect system to get adventure games on, but hopefully develpers don't just get lazy and try to give us the same over and over again, i like what capcom did with zak and wiki, it IS and adventure game but it feels fresh, that is exactly what the genre needs. I don't mean innovate for the sake of innovation but be original and do it well. By the way , hi JKR , love your toons on ign.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #10
One for the road?

Zak and Wiki has been selling in fairly decent numbers in the UK, apparently. A number of the more popular magazines/websites in the UK gaming media have been championing it since it came out.

Same thing happened with Ico, Global Defence Force, Okami, and others. It doesn't result in astronomical sales, but it seems to help; none of those games had anything close to a competent advertising campaign.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
It's Hard To Be Humble

I'd really like to see more modern adventure games come out on the Wii system. The way those controllers work, it would be an excellent way to simulate problem solving without resorting to abstract puzzle minigames. If I had the resources and know-how, that would be the direction I would go in for game design. Casual gamers would love playing adventure games where the problem solving was reasonable and didn't require a puzzle gamer's mentality, I think. Mind you, traditional puzzle gamers might balk, but there are plenty of games out there for them too. I'd just like something that focussed on storytelling.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #12
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimpingFish View Post
Zak and Wiki has been selling in fairly decent numbers in the UK, apparently. A number of the more popular magazines/websites in the UK gaming media have been championing it since it came out.
The major retailers have really been pushing the game as well. I remember passing Gamestation where they had a huge Zack & Wiki poster in the window with the words 'Game of the week' plastered above it and thinking "Oh yes!". I would love to see that happen for Sam & Max Wii edition (if it ever gets announced).

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 02-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seed View Post
The major retailers have really been pushing the game as well. I remember passing Gamestation where they had a huge Zack & Wiki poster in the window with the words 'Game of the week' plastered above it and thinking "Oh yes!". I would love to see that happen for Sam & Max Wii edition (if it ever gets announced).
It has been announced.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfrider View Post
It has been announced.
No it hasn't.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/...5&postcount=20
Old 02-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
There's a difference between being "confirmed" as in, "We know that they are working on the game beyond a shadow of a doubt," and "confirmed" as in, "The developer has handed out a press release for the express purpose of promoting the game." No, TellTale has not delivered a press release confirming Sam and Max for the Wii, and probably won't for another while. The game, however has been confirmed by a JoWood press release released in the middle of the month.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #16
Super Moderator

But JoWood can't officially announce anything. They're only a publisher for one territory anyway. Sure they can say they have plans to do something, but Telltale has to confirm it's happening before it can be classed as announced, which they haven't done.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
But JoWood can't officially announce anything. They're only a publisher for one territory anyway. Sure they can say they have plans to do something, but Telltale has to confirm it's happening before it can be classed as announced, which they haven't done.
Yes, but what I'm saying is that if the poster I was initially replying to was under the impression that the Sam and Max Wii game was still just a rumor, then he can consider it no longer a rumor. If the publisher of a game announces that they are publishing a game, then it is safe to assume that the game is being published.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #18
Super Moderator

No it isn't. Sorry. They only said they planned to publish a Wii version, which they can't do without Telltale's agreement. Again, I also raise the point, JoWood is only the publisher for Europe. What do you think would happen in the US?

Wait until Telltale actually give confirmation. Both Emily and Jake have denied it so far, what more do you want?
Old 02-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #19

Aaaaanyway, if you have your Wii hooked up to the internet, you can play (some) flash games on it. WiiCade.com has a bunch of Wii-compatible games, although there are only a couple of adventure games there.