Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/21703-gray-matter-official-site-hype-marketing-publishing.html)

Ashok 11-08-2010 09:32 PM

WTF? This game IS going to be available in English in 1 week? Why the FRELL doesn't dtp just put this game on Steam?

Worse. Publisher. Ever. :-(

Bout 11-08-2010 10:08 PM

Here is a link for the game to buy and download in German:

Im not sue if this digital download version will include any english.
Sprache: deutsch
So im not sure but they confirmed there that the release date is the 12 of november thats in 3 days now.

And im sure if in real stores the german version will have english voices so this one too.

http://www.gamesload.de/gray-matter/news/#news_1
I bought some games on this site and downloaded from there.
So i think we all should track and keep an eye on this site.

Bakhtosh 11-08-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 562844)
I'll repeat what others have already said: both the standard edition and the collector's edition have English and German voices. That's what the publisher's shop says, so what more confirmation do you need.

Also the community manager of the publisher wrote in the publisher forum (Link):
Quote:

The disc dtp releases includes German and English language version.
and
Quote:

The box dtp releases (with German and English version of the game) will have a german box and manual.
So the box releases will have the german localization. No word on the german Download versions available at german download distribution platforms yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashok (Post 562863)
Why the FRELL doesn't dtp just put this game on Steam?

It's not that easy. The publisher that distributes the game in germany doesn't distribute it worldwide. They have partners that releases it in other countries. And these partners obviously are going to release it at a later date. So if the german version contains the english localization they probably talk to their partners first before putting it on a worldwide download distribution platform, in case the partners fear that such a version would harm their own sales. Just speculation of course...

Roper Klacks 11-09-2010 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bout (Post 562865)
And im sure if in real stores the german version will have english voices so this one too.

http://www.gamesload.de/gray-matter/news/#news_1
I bought some games on this site and downloaded from there.
So i think we all should track and keep an eye on this site.

Anyone knows another german (or non german) digital store that might sell GM at lauch day? I think i will cancel my Amazon pre order and go for a digital copy. I dont think i can wait a week till the game arrives here, i want to play at lauch day.

Bakhtosh 11-09-2010 07:31 AM

I would at least wait until it's confirmed that the german download version will also include the english localization. This hasn't been confirmed yet. It's just a speculation.

olomaster 11-09-2010 11:39 AM

I knew this was too good to be true. Polish release has been pushed to 26th November. Still close...

DREAMWEB 11-10-2010 06:47 AM

The Xbox 360 PAL version of Gray Matter has just been released (with the 5 european languages included) in the "land of monkey Island"
So, the "pirates" are playing this game now...

Ashok 11-10-2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DREAMWEB (Post 562961)
The Xbox 360 PAL version of Gray Matter has just been released (with the 5 european languages included) in the "land of monkey Island"

Well, good to know dtp did an English track before Feb 25th!!! I guess that means we can order this game for PC from Europe in 2 days then! :D

Roper Klacks 11-10-2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

I dont think the pirates care about Gray Matter lol

Ashok 11-10-2010 07:08 AM

lol.... yeah, I doubt any 360 gamers have even heard of Jane Jensen, let alone even played Gabriel Knight.

DREAMWEB 11-10-2010 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashok (Post 562965)
lol.... yeah, I doubt any 360 gamers have even heard of Jane Jensen, let alone even played Gabriel Knight.

I do! :D (and many others too) but waiting for the official retail USA release

PS: I played GK2 10 times

Lupin The Third 11-10-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Any word yet if it's region coded? I'll gladly import if not.

Roper Klacks 11-10-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin The Third (Post 562967)
THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF PC GAMERS ONLY KNOW WOW, SIMS, AND MINECRAFT RIGHT?!?!

Nice to see Minecraft mentioned along those heavy weights :D But Minecraft is still relativly niche, at least compared with WOW and The Sims.

DREAMWEB 11-10-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin The Third (Post 562968)
Any word yet if it's region coded? I'll gladly import if not.

Yes, it is region coded... :\
I wanted to import it but sadly it won't work on american consoles

Lupin The Third 11-10-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roper Klacks (Post 562969)
Nice to see Minecraft mentioned along those heavy weights :D But Minecraft is still relativly niche, at least compared with WOW and The Sims.

Maybe I should have said Plants vs Zombies. The again I don't know how "niche" something is that's even mentioned in a recent episode of Spooks/MI-5....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DREAMWEB (Post 562970)
Yes, it is region coded... :\
I wanted to import it but sadly it won't work on american consoles

I am sad....I cry now....oh well...:\

So wait a minute....did a 360 version actually slip out before any the pc version/region? Talk about ironic...

Ashok 11-10-2010 08:32 AM

Calm down Lupin. I wasn't trying to offend or insult anyone. My point was simply that Jane Jensen rose to fame making PC games during the mid-90s. I think its safe to say that of all the fans of Roberta Williams, Al Lowe, Jane Jensen, etc., a higher % are probably PC centric gamers today.

Idrisguitar 11-10-2010 08:55 AM

yeah lupin, that was a little over the top. the arguementative tone was a bit unneeded considering you were both pretty much making a similar point (of which both of your were correct)

i look forward to hearing peoples opinions of this once they get their hands on it. hopefully the odd animation and whatever glitches (as im sure there will be a few) dont get in the way of the story and design thats Jensen is supposed to be so good at.

Lupin The Third 11-10-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashok (Post 562973)
Calm down Lupin. I wasn't trying to offend or insult anyone. My point was simply that Jane Jensen rose to fame making PC games during the mid-90s. I think its safe to say that of all the fans of Roberta Williams, Al Lowe, Jane Jensen, etc., a higher % are probably PC centric gamers today.

My mistake. Every time I turn around (so to speak) on this site those of us who'd rather play on consoles are being dumped on and I'm tired of it. Sorry I misunderstood your comments. I issue super mega happy apology to you and all is now fluffy bunnies and chocolate! :D

I have deleted the previous response.

Ashok 11-10-2010 12:08 PM

Looks like both the 360 and PC versions are floating around the Internets now. :crazy:

dekaneas297 11-10-2010 12:31 PM

Yeap. The final blow for this game :shifty: