You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #1001

That was a limited time preorder deal, though; it only lasted a couple weeks. It's back up to £20 from Mamba and £25 from Amazon. Still less than the German price, but not outlandishly so, and it probably won't include the German voiceovers/text.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #1002
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Amazon UK's pricing is completely nuts though, flamedrake. The series 1-4 boxset for Aqua Teen Hunger Force went from £28 to £43, Metalocalypse went from £8 to £20 and back to £8. It's getting ridiculous :|
Old 10-15-2010, 04:53 AM   #1003
aye, aye!

But isn't Germany the #1 priority for all adventure game developers because there is where the biggest 'fanbase' lies?

And if they release the english version first, most germans might buy the english version instead, so the german version would probably flop dramatically.

For me it makes sense for the german version to come a few months before the english one *shrug*
Website with Fansites [thornleaf.se]
Old 10-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #1004
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

Much appreciated hands-on from Jack. He does a great job affirming the feeling of unease that courses through this thread, while giving us hope that it IS indeed coming. It's just a matter of time.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #1005
Life and times of...

Indeed. Thanks a lot
Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 AM   #1006
DirectX Developer

I've just read this in Gamersyde:

EDIT: They changed the text, now, Instead of December 2 as European release date, It says:

Quote:
Thankfully, we just got word that the game will finally be available in France, Spain and Italy on December 2, on PC and Xbox 360. Germany, Switzerland, Austria should be next with a November 12 release (TBC), while the UK will have to wait until February 2011. We still do not know when the game will ship in North America.
So It seems that:

Germany, Switzerland, Austria -> November 12 (TBC)
France,Spain And Italy -> December 2
UK -> February 2011
North America -> ???

Last edited by zenger; 10-19-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:37 AM   #1007

That can't be true. Lace Mamba made a press release saying that it will be delayed to 2011, not even they can be that incompetent.

Probably Gamersyde is refering to the German version, perhaps they are an american site and they think the German version is going to be released all over europe.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #1008
DirectX Developer

They have just updated the text, now, Instead of December 2 as European release date, It says:

Quote:
Thankfully, we just got word that the game will finally be available in France, Spain and Italy on December 2, on PC and Xbox 360. Germany, Switzerland, Austria should be next with a November 12 release (TBC), while the UK will have to wait until February 2011. We still do not know when the game will ship in North America. Here are a few images that were released a few weeks ago so you see what the game is all about.
Update: We just learned that the game will have different release dates depending on the country due to differing production and localization time frames. We edited the above text to give you the proper information.
So It seems that:

Germany, Switzerland, Austria -> November 12 (TBC)
France,Spain And Italy -> December 2
UK -> February 2011
North America -> ???

Last edited by zenger; 10-19-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #1009

German version it is, then.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #1010
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

All this talk about the game having to be disappointing because of some amazingly great expectations (currently in the comments under the preview)...

I don't understand where these expectations were supposed to come from. I'd even question if they are anything more than talk.

In the past there were times when I was severely disappointed by adventure games because of great expectations. For example, when I found out the gameplay of Broken Sword 3 was almost all just pushing crates in similarly looking locations, or when Escape of Monkey Island drastically changed the tone of its series. However, Gray Matter doesn't have this kind of baggage. It neither belongs to a long cherished series, nor was it ever heralded as a revolution in adventure gaming. The game simply took a long time to make and I for one am already very happy and relieved that it got made despite the difficulties. I believe most people are.

My expectations from several years ago, when I read on AG the review of BeTrapped are already completely exceeded by the fact that Jane Jensen was able to release another true adventure game - regardless, if it will be a classic or not.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
All this talk about the game having to be disappointing because of some amazingly great expectations (currently in the comments under the preview)...

I don't understand where these expectations were supposed to come from. I'd even question if they are anything more than talk.
I'm with you, Ascovel. The game's not even out yet, and the naysayers are chattering away. Just ignore them all. Really, when the game comes out, that will be the time to decide. Personally, I've taken kind of a break from adventure games in general lately because I've played too many shallow, disappointing ones in a row. One thing I have no doubt about, is that this will be a better written game than anything that's come out in years. For me, for now, that's enough.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:19 AM   #1012
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post

I don't understand where these expectations were supposed to come from.
Really? It's a full Jane Jensen game. Pretty much every game she's worked on is very much loved (casual games excluding, I suppose). The Gabriel Knights all were almost revolutionizing. I'm keeping myself out of the hype, but I can completely understand where the expectations come from, even if they aren't fully realistic.
Quote:
I'd even question if they are anything more than talk.
At this point that's all that they can be, aside from the beta-testers and people who've previewed the game, but they aren't talking about expectations but rather experience.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:36 AM   #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Really? It's a full Jane Jensen game. Pretty much every game she's worked on is very much loved (casual games excluding, I suppose).
Even the casual games in my opinion have been great. So much polish and quality. I always anticipate the next Womens Murder Club game.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 10-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #1014

Quote:
Really? It's a full Jane Jensen game. Pretty much every game she's worked on is very much loved (casual games excluding, I suppose). The Gabriel Knights all were almost revolutionizing.
Let's not forget that King's Quest 6 was written by her as well. KQ6 is widely considered the best of the King's Quests.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #1015
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Really? It's a full Jane Jensen game. Pretty much every game she's worked on is very much loved (casual games excluding, I suppose). The Gabriel Knights all were almost revolutionizing.
I don't remember either GK1 or GK2 bringing any fundamental innovations to the genre - nothing that could be captured in a simple description at least. They were huge games, with well-reaserched historical backdrops, and (both personal and popular opinion) with better designed gameplay and storylines as well as more captivating audio-visual presentation than other Sierra productions of those times.

So now, after 11 dark years without any new Jane Jensen adventure games being released, I expect that players will actually turn a blind eye on some of Gray Matter's faults and enjoy it already for the elements every Jane Jensen adventure game has, even if they'll prove to be not as well realized as in GK.

Quote:
At this point that's all that they can be, aside from the beta-testers and people who've previewed the game, but they aren't talking about expectations but rather experience.
What I meant is I really doubt people have such impossibly huge expectations towards Gray Matter as they claim they have. If anything, it's the opposite - right before the game's premiere they're not as excited as they would like to be.

Last edited by Ascovel; 10-21-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #1016

I hope they put up a new trailer soon. The one on display looks more like a tech demo to showcase movement and perspectives, albeit with some nice backgrounds and music
Old 10-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #1017

I must confess I'm interested. My primary reason for gaming in general is the experience itself, and if Gray Matter is about that...
Old 10-26-2010, 03:15 AM   #1018
Senior *female* member

Gray Matter has gone gold in Germany.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 AM   #1019
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Gray Matter has gone gold in Germany.
...and the release date has been moved to 12th November.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #1020
Strategy Guide Author

Any confirmation if it has English voices?