You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #441
Codger

Forget about sequels, prequels new screenshots and all such.

We have to actually see the first game first don't we?

Gray Matter has been a "tease" for almost four years now.

The next tease will be for a pre-order.

I envision people waiting in line with their dollars in hand. And then being first in line to start a new subject: Where is my Game/Where is my Money?

Could Gray Matter possibly be the biggest game scam of all time?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
No. That would be Duke Nukem Forever
Seriously now, there are games that had a longer production time (Half-Life 2 took nearly 5 years, the same with Alan Wake, STALKER 6 years and Prey took 10 years), you just need to be patience, the game will be realeased when its finished.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #443

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
Have faith. The game will be here soon, trust me
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-31-2010, 03:28 AM   #444
Senior *female* member

About the word "series" in the press release... "I would love to continue with the series if the first one does well enough". Says JJ in an interview with Gameboomers. Hm...

http://www.gameboomers.com/interview...janejensen.htm
Old 03-31-2010, 04:07 AM   #445
Life and times of...

Nice little read that, thanks for posting
Old 03-31-2010, 07:11 AM   #446
Hopeful skeptic

It's been advertised right from the beginning that a series is a possibility if the first game did well. And Jane says she "already has a story idea in mind for a second game" in our video interview (third part). Big difference between hoping and planning, though, so the surprise is it sounds like they're making concrete plans to expand now, even without waiting to see how the first one does... Or, say, releasing any screenshots or something.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #447

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Big difference between hoping and planning, though, so the surprise is it sounds like they're making concrete plans to expand now, even without waiting to see how the first one does... Or, say, releasing any screenshots or something.
It seems that a Polish online PC magazine posted some actual screenshots, including some previously unseen locations and character models.

The gallery is here.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 04-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
It seems that a Polish online PC magazine posted some actual screenshots, including some previously unseen locations and character models.

The gallery is here.
Yay! New screenshots! They look good, I like how the backgrounds look like paintings.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #449

I can hardly wait
Old 04-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #450
The Quiet One

Love the screenshots.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #451

Quote:

The gallery is here.
Wonderful!
However at first glace there seems to be a little discrepancy between some shoots. For example the one near the lake has a painting look and others look more photografic, its weird.

And we can finally see the new models in game, they look good. Hope the animations are also new though. The ones from the early trailer (from the previous developer) were atrocious. Also in most screens the characters have no shadows, but i guess that will be fixed.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #452

Wow! Nice! I think most of them are more like concept-art, but still it's very exciting to finally see some new images.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #453
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
And we can finally see the new models in game, they look good. Hope the animations are also new though.
I doubt they'd redo the characters and not do anything about the animations. Somehow I get the feeling they are quite good, just from looking at the screenshots The characters just don't look as stiff as they usually do...
Old 04-02-2010, 05:30 AM   #454
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
Wonderful!
However at first glace there seems to be a little discrepancy between some shoots. For example the one near the lake has a painting look and others look more photografic, its weird.
Also, some look absolutely stellar, while some look like taken from yet another shitty German adventure.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:26 AM   #455

It seems like the official website and dtp-entertainment's site are the last places to ever find any new information.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #456

Very nice new screens, and I love the art style of this game. But I sure hope there will be some sort of animations in each of those static backgrounds

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis
Old 04-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #457
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Not sure if it was mentioned here, but apparently the game had been presented at the CDProjekt Spring 2010 Conference (which completely went under my radar, even though I'm from Poland).

There's a photo of DTPs Claas Wolter showcasing it to the press in the gallery (titled as "Claas Wolter prezentuje dziennikarzom grę Grey Matter").

Edit: Another shot here, and here's a short video interview with the man. Nothing new I guess, but some broken English from the interviewer at least.
It says in the comments that they were prohibited from filming the presentation, so that's a 'no video footage' I guess...

Last edited by MoP; 04-05-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #458
Codger

Quote:
Have faith. The game will be here soon, trust me
Can't wait! And I mean that sincerely. But let's be serious. There's talk on the "endless" thread of a sequel, when there is no evidence of a published prequel. That's just nuts!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:53 AM   #459
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
The game will be here soon, trust me
Name:  trustme_150.gif
Views: 318
Size:  3.4 KB
Sorry, I couldn't help it .

The problem with the things you wait for too long is that once they come you don't want them any more.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #460

Anyone know what system requirements will be like for this one?

I don't think my laptop's integrated Intel 945 graphics chip will cut it. That thing had a hard time with The Lost Crown, for cryin' out loud.

That's okay, though, as I'm planning to either build a gaming powerhouse desktop or get a new laptop in the coming months.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown