You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #381
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
FWIW, it is the worst of the series, to date. Absolute bomb. Going to try to get my money back.
I'll bet you $6.99 that you won't get your money back. The free hour to play the game is long enough to decide whether you will like it or not.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:10 AM   #382

I notice that someone from Mamba Games is available on the official Gray Matter forum, and is willing to answer questions pertaining to the English release.

http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=14749

So that's something.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #383
Life and times of...

Here's hoping that not only does he answer, that he actually answers the questions, gives proper answers and answers sometime preferably before the game is released (i.e. ASAP )

But still, always glad to see any kind of progress, and I'll be especially excited when there's a reply from him.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #384

Amazon.de states that the release date for the German version of the game is March 31st, 2010. The date has been on Amazon's page for quite a while now so I'm hoping it's holding. And I'm also hoping that my dvd-device won't have troubles reading the game's dvd because of that stupid ProtectDisc - I understand that developers and publishers need to protect their games from pirating but when the protection has the effect that my dvd-drive doesn't even recognize the dvd as was the problem with both Black Mirror 2 and Memento Mori, it's getting annoying. Really annoying. I wasn't able to play either game on my computer; fortunately, my boyfriend's computer was able to recognize the dvds. I just hope this doesn't happen with Gray Matter...
Old 01-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #385
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I'll bet you $6.99 that you won't get your money back. The free hour to play the game is long enough to decide whether you will like it or not.
Actually, BigFish Games is pretty good about refunds or credits. The problem is that the first two games had, whether you liked the games or not, decent graphic-style continuity. The last game looks as if it was designed by three different people using three different design styles. Very disconcerting. Unless you are VERY fast, none of these other design styles appear until well after the 60-minute trial is over.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #386
tsa
Playing character

Eek. Lookie here! It seems I was wrong in stating that Grey Matter is the new Duke Nukem Forever! This one will definately appear on my wish list for my birthday in August. Until then I have other games to finish
Old 01-28-2010, 04:48 AM   #387
Life and times of...

Seems like the title screen in the XBOX360 page:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mamba-Games-...4580515&sr=8-3
Old 02-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #388
Life and times of...

http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/v...?f=120&t=14749
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am really sorry for the delayed responses - I will come back by the end of play today. Things are a little manic in Mamba HQ so you will hear back from me v.shortly!
Let's hope so Then again, he did promise those replies by the end of the week before last
Old 02-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #389
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

Jason comes through in answering some questions, though not much new info is given.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:36 AM   #390

Right. He basically said it's up to dtp-entertainment as to the U.S. release. As to new screenshots and the box cover, those are in the works. Even the release date is not firm, beyond it being released in 2010.

Anyone else feel any deja vu?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #391
Life and times of...

Yeah, well as long as it's released somewhere around summer I'll be happy (and as long as it's released at all of course ). But I do get the feeling, yes...

Then I wish there had been a little deeper questions, but then again a) I can't think of anything better myself and b) the answers probably wouldn't have been that much insightful either

But I'm just happy there's some kind of activity from their part. I'll keep a positive attitude towards this, I'm sure they'll deliver eventually.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #392

I have to admit I've never played a Jane Jenson game. I know! Blasphemy! Heretic! Although I'm not that much of an AG player, so don't mind me.

And I hate to burst anyones bubble here, and I hope I don't. I want the game to live up to it's hype. Mostly because there don't seem to be many AG's coming out as of late that seem to be that good. Personally I was really looking forward to Mr. Boakes latest, but not so sure now, so think I'll wait for a price drop on it. Although I still have hope.

But here's what I think's going to happen. As with Dreamfall, that had everyone here drooling in anticipation over, I think the game will probably fail to live up to many peoples expectations, and there will be massive arguments over it's merits and shortcomings.

Mostly shortcomings. Because most games that take this long to be released get scrutinized even more so than "normal" games, and this will be no exception. So unless the game truly is perfect, (and none are), I think we can expect lots of heated debate over it. When and if it ever gets released.

I actually think that's a good thing for these forums to.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeorge View Post
I think the game will probably fail to live up to many peoples expectations, and there will be massive arguments over it's merits and shortcomings.

Mostly shortcomings. Because most games that take this long to be released get scrutinized even more so than "normal" games, and this will be no exception. So unless the game truly is perfect, (and none are), I think we can expect lots of heated debate over it. When and if it ever gets released.
At this point, I'm more worried about it being released and nobody knowing or even caring beyond a few die-hards because the game was marketed so incredibly poorly.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #394
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmajik View Post
...the game was marketed so incredibly poorly.
I think this sums it all up. I've completely lost interest in this game. What an embarrassment.

Jane Jensen, if you're reading this, dump those publishers and marketers you've been working with. You deserve far, far better.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-07-2010, 05:02 AM   #395

I totally agree with mgeorge.

In addition, it is trully pathetic to announce officially in dtp's forum that "the release date can change even if the game is complete". These guys don't give a damn about gamers. They plan the release date solely according to competition. Maybe they 'll release it on Christmas 2010 eventually.

We know that all you care is sales. At least DON'T STATE IT OFFICIALLY. How stupid can you be by saying "the game is complete but we won't release it since Black Mirror 2/15 days/lost horizon will be fresh in market". Non professionalism.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #396
Life and times of...

Of course, businesses always only care about sales, so it doesn't really matter if they state it officially or not. At least they're honest about it, instead of claiming to have the player's interests in heart. It's not that it's something extraordinary that a product is finished but isn't released because it wouldn't be as good for business.

Still, I agree, not good marketing. However, it's not like we're dealing with EA or something. Smaller developers/publishers just don't have the resources and expertise to do it so well.

Also, I don't see how bad marketing makes you lose all interest in a game (sure, it can affect your enthusiasm and all, but it's still the same game, no matter how it's marketed), but I guess we're just different.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Of course, businesses always only care about sales, so it doesn't really matter if they state it officially or not. At least they're honest about it
Nope. No honesty. Nerve and lack of dignity. You don't have to be a genius to state "the game is still in production" until you decide to release it and not having this pathetic attitude

Last edited by dekaneas297; 02-07-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #398

I definitely haven't lost any interest in Gray Matter. I'm just kind of jaded after so many delays and lack of real information. What really bothers me the most is that this is being presented as the first of a planned series. I assume that continuation of this series would depend on how successful the first game is, and I hope that it is successful. I hope that it is very successful and the series continues on to include multiple games with a fascinating story that develops over the course of time in the way we've come to expect from Jane Jensen. I really really hope for this, but nothing about the marketing of this game gives me much confidence that this will happen. I fear that this game will be a great set-up for a cliffhanger ending, and that's where the series will end. Incomplete. Maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but as someone who is still hoping for GK4, I don't think my fears are entirely unfounded.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #399
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

I'm frustrated with what we've been fed so far as far as information goes, but this still remains the most exciting game on the adventure horizon as far as I'm concerned, simply because Jane Jensen is attached to it. Remember the great interview we got with her back only a few months ago? Even if this game gets pushed back a little further than we'd like, I'm still counting on this being a well-written, fun game. And really, that's all I ask for.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #400

It's times like this when I have to think of a certain adventurer dangling over a crevice, reaching for the Holy Grail, his dad catching his hand and saying, "Indiana, let it go."

Too many people these days keep reaching for the unattainable, thus dooming themselves to a long fall.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13