Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/21703-gray-matter-official-site-hype-marketing-publishing.html)

J.H 05-20-2009 05:06 PM

Wizardbox website just gave me a trojan horse lol.

Looking forward to this game although I prefered the previous sprite for Samantha

Fien 05-21-2009 02:46 AM

Wizarbox may be reliable, I don't know much about them anyway. Why is there nothing on Gray Matter at their site? But I played their So Blonde and I positively HATED many aspects of the gameplay. No map for traveling, instead they had that awful jungle as a nasty surprise for us, which must be one of the worst design howlers ever. They had us running around endlessly, looking for new triggers, a new dialogue or some task to do - if I could get Sunny to run at all, which in itself was an annoying problem, and so was doubleclicking on exits.

PS: Andrea, although I do admire your faith in Jane, it's a bit like the old saying about God: If he's all-good, he can't be all-powerful, and vice versa, or the world wouldn't be such a mess. If Jane hasn't signed all or most of her rights away to DTP, she is certainly to be held at least partly responsible for the delay. But if she has (highly likely, as DTP takes care of the financial side) there's not much point in having faith in her.

AndreaDraco83 05-21-2009 02:51 AM

Well, the teams behind So Blonde and Gray Matter are completely different, but - judging from what we have seen so far - both teams are extremely skilled in designing beautiful graphics :)

Fien 05-21-2009 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 (Post 509000)
Well, the teams behind So Blonde and Gray Matter are completely different, but - judging from what we have seen so far - both teams are extremely skilled in designing beautiful graphics :)

Allright, I'll give you the screenshots... but nothing else. :P

ozzie 05-21-2009 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 508998)
Wizarbox may be reliable, I don't know much about them anyway. Why is there nothing on Gray Matter at their site?

Well, there's also nothing about the Wii version of So Blonde on their site, so I guess they just show off their finished games.

Quote:

But I played their So Blonde and I positively HATED many aspects of the gameplay. No map for traveling, instead they had that awful jungle as a nasty surprise for us, which must be one of the worst design howlers ever. They had us running around endlessly, looking for new triggers, a new dialogue or some task to do - if I could get Sunny to run at all, which in itself was an annoying problem, and so was doubleclicking on exits.
Be lucky then that they are not responsible for the game design. ;)

D.C. 05-21-2009 08:30 PM

I feel like government satellites are watching this thread, monitoring our thoughts in an X-Files-like way. If it means more regular updates, then that might not be so bad! ;) I liked the new blog entry. It's also reassuring to know that Wizarbox are making the game their own and not just finishing it off, as others have mentioned...

(I love the Jurassic Park reference in the museum art too. :D)

Hamham Chan 07-06-2009 09:36 AM

The latest issue of Geek Monthly has an exclusive interview with Jane Jensen where she talks about Gray Matter.

QDream 07-06-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamham Chan (Post 515604)
The latest issue of Geek Monthly has an exclusive interview with Jane Jensen where she talks about Gray Matter.

Anything noteworthy?

Hamham Chan 07-07-2009 04:53 PM

Look here:
http://www.geekmonthly.com/
Click on sample 4 to see part of the interview. ;)

Bruno_Malta 07-08-2009 06:08 AM

I don´t believe this game will ever see the light of day. The new pics looks worse than the early one.

dekaneas297 07-08-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamham Chan (Post 515604)

Excuse me but where is she talking about Gray Matter??? :crazy:

All we get is information about her studies, her writing preferences and the origins of her ideas :pan:

Please no more :pan:

Bruno_Malta 07-08-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekaneas297 (Post 515954)
Excuse me but where is she talking about Gray Matter??? :crazy:

All we get is information about her studies, her writing preferences and the origins of her ideas :pan:

Please no more :pan:

I guess this because this is only part of the review.

lobotomy42 07-14-2009 09:29 AM

I really want this game to come out! Why has there been so little news as of late?

inm8#2 07-14-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lobotomy42 (Post 516683)
I really want this game to come out! Why has there been so little news as of late?

a) They're working really hard to finish the game

b) Budget/resources are dwindling and development is on hiatus

I hope it's (a).

lobotomy42 07-15-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inm8#2 (Post 516694)

I hope it's (a).

Me too. On the other hand, I've been on enough failed software projects to have complete sympathy for (b).

Here's hoping we find out, though!

rtrooney 07-16-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inm8#2 (Post 516694)

I hope it's (a).

But probably (b)

I really don't expect any of us will ever see this game produced.

QDream 07-19-2009 12:37 AM

wow, 20k thread views.. I wonder how it will be when the game actually comes out :)

Nico Sels 07-19-2009 12:41 AM

I can ABSOLUTELY confirm, the game is still in production.
the team is working very hard to target the 2009 release.
have a little faith guys! :)

Fien 07-19-2009 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico Sels (Post 517226)
I can ABSOLUTELY confirm, the game is still in production. the team is working very hard to target the 2009 release. have a little faith guys! :)

Yeah? I'll believe it when I see it!
At the very least, dtp should show something at gamescom in August.

The Mutajon 07-19-2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 517240)
Yeah? I'll believe it when I see it!

Ditto.
Somehow I highly doubt a 2009 release... I mean seriously, their official site has gone back to what it was early on (no english, no Jane's blog etc..) and it seems like they don't even care! it's been like that for over a month and they did nothing about it - what kind of attitude is that?:pan: