Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Sam & Max Season One on the Wii? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/21638-sam-max-season-one-wii.html)

Chrono-Serge 12-27-2007 06:09 PM

Sam & Max Season One on the Wii?

Who else thinks this would be a great idea?

GageBlackwood 12-27-2007 07:28 PM

"Independent game developer Telltale Games have revealed that the company has begun talks with Nintendo concerning the possibility of bringing PC graphic adventure title Sam & Max to the Wii." - Gamasutra

Looks good, eh?

Marrow 12-27-2007 08:02 PM

That would be awesome.

JKR 01-02-2008 09:13 AM

That would be really cool. Especially if they added some extra content.

VictimOfScience 01-04-2008 10:56 AM

I don't care at all about extra content, just bring that game and some other choice adventures to the Wii!! The DS is getting love and it is loads less powerful! Imagine some really beautiful and innovative adventures on the Wii!! The mind races....

Christian IV 01-04-2008 11:04 AM

Next episode of Sam and Max due out Jan 10th! on Game Tap

Terramax 01-06-2008 04:38 AM

Myst IV: Revelation on the Wii would be eztacy!

LuigiHann 01-06-2008 12:05 PM

I hope you guys tried Zack & Wiki. :)

I'm torn about Sam & Max on the Wii. It'd be a good fit, but I own Season One twice over already, and don't feel the need to buy it a third time, even on Wii. I think I'd prefer they release it without much new content, so it'd expand the audience, without forcing me to buy it again. :p

adfegg 01-08-2008 11:41 AM

I'm not sure it would work out so well, commercially speaking. 'Hey, but these games which are over a year old.'

If I were them, I'd create a new game specifically for the Wii, market it for success, then port over Sam and Max as 'from the makers of...'.

JKR 01-12-2008 05:45 PM

Sam and Max indeed headed to the Wii!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=33224

Hidden in a press release is confirmation that Sam and Max will hit the Nintendo Wii!

Who's in?

JKR 01-12-2008 10:19 PM

Okay, I can see the reason for the merging of the threads, but can you at least change the title from being a question to a confirmation?

Melanie68 01-12-2008 10:22 PM

When the news has been confirmed by Telltale themselves, I will. :)

I don't know that much German anymore so I don't know what the press release says specifically. Also, I'm not sure why JoWood would know something about it. They did the PC version of the Season 1 but I'm not sure they're invovled with Wii releases. I would much prefer to hear the news from Telltale themselves.

Udvarnoky 01-12-2008 10:30 PM

I'd say this is an official confirmation at least that JoWood is putting out a Wii release of Sam & Max in Germany at some point. Whether or not Telltale has anything to do with it (JoWood may own the full rights to any retail release) is a different story.

Jake 01-13-2008 01:19 PM

When has a company other than Telltale announced or confirmed a Sam & Max game project in the last two years? Please put away your jump to conclusion mats.

Harald B 01-13-2008 01:54 PM

So should I interpret that as a denial or a no-comment? That press release states pretty plainly that there will be a Sam & Max game for the Wii. So: Does Telltale know anything about that? Could JoWooD do it without Telltale? Are you at liberty to discuss?

Udvarnoky 01-13-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 455963)
When has a company other than Telltale announced or confirmed a Sam & Max game project in the last two years? Please put away your jump to conclusion mats.

I'm not saying I think Telltale isn't involved (I would certainly hope they would be the ones doing a possible Wii port), only that it's conceivable JoWood could mention this before Telltale. This same thing happened with the PC boxed release.

I'm not afraid to admit being wrong about this, and I'm actually not secretly hoping to spread false information. You obviously know more than I do and if the press release was flat-out lying, fine. But I don't see how I'm jumping to conclusions.

Erwin_Br 01-14-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 455963)
Please put away your jump to conclusion mats.

Office Space!!! I love that movie.

--Erwin

Lucien21 01-14-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin_Br (Post 456073)
Office Space!!! I love that movie.

--Erwin

It's brilliant.