You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Black Mirror & Syberia

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #1

Default Black Mirror & Syberia

Hello there,

I'm new to the forum and haven't known about this website for very long. I've been an adventure gamer for years just never shared the interest with likeminded folk.

I am looking for feedback on the above games which i've just ordered, good reviews from customers persuaded me enough i'm wondering what you guys think?

Thanks for reading, really liking the forum.

Andy
Old 12-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
Caffein Queen

Welcome to the forum

Both those games are good and will guarantee you a very enjoyable time.

Syberia especially for it's beatiful graphic and story.
I remember when I first played it and just walked around looking at all the amazing machinery and wonderful rendered backgrounds.

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 12-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #3

I thoroughly enjoyed both games!

Both games had very intriguing plots. Syberia's artwork is outstanding. The only gripe I had about Black Mirror was the voice acting of the protagonist and that I wanted to slap him since he's a bit of a jerk to the hired help.

Recent Retail: The Shivah, Blackwell Legacy, Blackwell Unbound, Black Mirror, Cleopatra, Culpa Innata, Secret Files, Broken Sword 1-4, Indigo Prophecy, Nostradamus, Nibiru

Recent UG: Murder in a Wheel, Nelly Cootalot, The Farm, Two of a Kind, Donnie Darko, Reactor 9, Cedric & The Revolution, 5 Days a Stranger, Something Amiss (Chp 1 & 2), Prodigal
Old 12-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #4

just like to add my agreement with others..funnily enough, i played black mirror only a couple of weeks ago in spite of its age! so it's still fresh in my mind. i thought that the graphics were very good and the puzzles too. must admit to being stuck a couple of times but that's a good game to me...maybe not too bright! definately recommended.
as for siberia; different kettle of fish entirely; i've already played it and the sequel twice. i loved it. could be the beautiful outdoor scenery (i love snow)
one of my all-time favourites...plus the slinky lady!
happy gaming
Old 12-27-2007, 05:57 PM   #5

I have Syberia, and I enjoyed the beginning cutscene but it's a bit slow on my computer, don't really know how to explain it.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #6

I have been stuck on Black mirror for days!

I am seeking a hint or a clue from some kind soul, without me needing to look for a walkthrough i'd much rather work things out for myself like most of us.

This is becoming unbearable though. In the mine i need to stop the steam from the hole in the pipe, he won't use the cloth because he will burn himself. I have tried mixing everything in my inventory to no avail.

I have tried using machines and he doesn't want to.

totally stuck, please somebody save me from insanity!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #7

Explorations:

Spoiler:
The rag is too dry and will burn. You need to wet it first before you can use it. From uhs-hints.com:

Go back to engine room and use the rag on the green pool beside the big engine. Go back to lift room and use wet rag on hole.

Recent Retail: The Shivah, Blackwell Legacy, Blackwell Unbound, Black Mirror, Cleopatra, Culpa Innata, Secret Files, Broken Sword 1-4, Indigo Prophecy, Nostradamus, Nibiru

Recent UG: Murder in a Wheel, Nelly Cootalot, The Farm, Two of a Kind, Donnie Darko, Reactor 9, Cedric & The Revolution, 5 Days a Stranger, Something Amiss (Chp 1 & 2), Prodigal
Old 01-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
I have Syberia, and I enjoyed the beginning cutscene but it's a bit slow on my computer, don't really know how to explain it.
Hyperthreading problem?
The patch is supposed to fix that.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #9

Brilliant, thanks for that.

I get the feeling i'd of found that patch of oil if my screen brightness was higher, couldn't see a thing!

Thoroughly enjoying the game at the moment, i'm hanging around looking for things to do to get the old man to give me the meanings of the ancient words taken from the chamber, only on chapter 3!

Great game, glad it was recommended by yourselves.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #10

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

I dont see how black mirror could possibly get a 5/10 at the moment, though im in chapter 2, this game takes way too much for granted. The protoganist is a prude, and so far it has been nothing but running back and forth talking with people activating new hotspots that i have to go back to yet again for the third and forth times - also i get to wander around the mansion 5 times looking for things to change...

rediculous - plus the voice acting is horrible

story isnt too bad so far though

OH

i loved syberia though.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #11
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

I loved Syberia. Have you played Syberia II yet? It finishes up the story about Hans.

I just discovered adventure games a few years ago myself and Syberia I was the perfect game for a newbie like me. (still a newbie kind of actually)

Syberia I and II have a great story line.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
Hyperthreading problem?
The patch is supposed to fix that.
Does that patch work with the DVD collection as well?
Old 02-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #13
Grue Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Solitude View Post
Does that patch work with the DVD collection as well?
There is a DVD collection of the Syberia games??????
I didn't know that.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFuss View Post
There is a DVD collection of the Syberia games??????
I didn't know that.

There is, only released in Europe though, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SYBERIA-THE-CO...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #15
Grue Master

In Solitude

Thanks, That should be good news to some. I have seen many pay that much for just Syberia II on E-Bay US. Near as I can figure thats about $26 + $4 shipping US dollar, that would be a great deal for someone who has not played it yet and not have to swap the disks while playing. If I didn't have a copy of both 1 & 2, I would jump at this one.

I see that Microids is the publisher of this DVD edition. I wonder, since they are back in the publishing business, if they have plans on re-issuing this. They are selling downloads to Syberia 1 & 2 from their web site.

Last edited by GreyFuss; 02-12-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:54 AM   #16

Quote:

Thanks, That should be good news to some. I have seen many pay that much for just Syberia II on E-Bay US. Near as I can figure thats about $26 + $4 shipping US dollar.
I thought those American carboard cases editions were still relative easy to get a hold of?

Quote:

I see that Microids is the publisher of this DVD edition. I wonder, since they are back in the publishing business, if they have plans on re-issuing this. They are selling downloads to Syberia 1 & 2 from their web site.
I visited the Microids site the other day and the Syberia pages are under construction. Could be a positive sign I guess.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:57 AM   #17

Just installed the Syberia DVD edition again, I was wrong there are no hyperthreading issues with this edition. A problem I encountered the first time I installed were sound problems, probably because of that damn Creative X-Fi card since it works great now that I have removed the card, nothing but problems with that card
Old 03-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #18
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Solitude View Post
There is, only released in Europe though, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SYBERIA-THE-CO...QQcmdZViewItem

Wow, I wasn't aware of this either. (I just have the American Versions on X-Box.)