You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #1

Default Limbo of the Lost

Anyone playing Limbo of the Lost yet? I just ordered my copy from Interact CD and hoping to get it this week!

Recent Retail: The Shivah, Blackwell Legacy, Blackwell Unbound, Black Mirror, Cleopatra, Culpa Innata, Secret Files, Broken Sword 1-4, Indigo Prophecy, Nostradamus, Nibiru

Recent UG: Murder in a Wheel, Nelly Cootalot, The Farm, Two of a Kind, Donnie Darko, Reactor 9, Cedric & The Revolution, 5 Days a Stranger, Something Amiss (Chp 1 & 2), Prodigal
Old 12-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #2

When will the boxed retail version of this game will be released?
Old 12-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #3
Sar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh View Post
When will the boxed retail version of this game will be released?
See post above yours, Dave has it at Interact
Old 12-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #4

What about a retail version that can actually be found on real retailers shelves?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh View Post
What about a retail version that can actually be found on real retailers shelves?
If you're in the US, I don't think it's scheduled for a release yet. So unless your local shop gets games imported from other parts of the world, I'd say at least two months and quite possibly longer.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:53 AM   #6

No clue when it will be on shelves. The distributor in Europe is http://www.g2games.com. The copies being sold at Interact CD are from Europe.

Recent Retail: The Shivah, Blackwell Legacy, Blackwell Unbound, Black Mirror, Cleopatra, Culpa Innata, Secret Files, Broken Sword 1-4, Indigo Prophecy, Nostradamus, Nibiru

Recent UG: Murder in a Wheel, Nelly Cootalot, The Farm, Two of a Kind, Donnie Darko, Reactor 9, Cedric & The Revolution, 5 Days a Stranger, Something Amiss (Chp 1 & 2), Prodigal
Old 12-31-2007, 06:06 PM   #7

I just started playing Limbo of the Lost and all I can say at this point is I'm sorry I paid so much for it.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:01 PM   #8

So, this isn't 5 years well spent!?
It should have been released for the Atari ST originally, then it was ported to the Amiga, but when that market died down the project did too at first. In 2004 the team reunited.
The Interview.

Hope you can give some further details later on.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #9

I've also temporarily abandoned it. For me, it's really quite a hard game to get into. The premise is intriguing but I can't get over the wandering (kind of hard to figure out where you're going) or the style of the conversations -- a close-up pops up of the characters talking but not even in the style of old Sierra games, it's a back and forth thing from the main character to the person/creature he's talking to.

I haven't entirely given up on it yet! I'm going to give it another go next weekend.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
I just started playing Limbo of the Lost and all I can say at this point is I'm sorry I paid so much for it.
Gameboomers just posted hints and a walkthrough for the game: http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/...oofthelost.htm

Old 01-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by misa View Post
Gameboomers just posted hints and a walkthrough for the game: http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/...oofthelost.htm
That's nice of them. It still doesn't fix the basic problem with the game. This guy walks soooo slowwww. He makes Kate Walker look like an Olympic track star. And there doesn't seem to be any way of making him speed up either. I'm not really detecting much in the way of a story either. And some of these inventory items -- well you really do have to scrub the screen with your mouse to find them. Not only are they dark objects in dark corners, but the hotspots can be so small.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #12

I'm just starting out (Chapter 2, the Lower Reaches) but my first impressions are very favourable. The interface took a little getting used to for me, having to open the Ouija board all the time seemed a bit of a hassle, but there isn't that much to interact with and it quickly became second nature. I don't mind the "talk box" for the character interactions, I think the dialog and the voice acting are superb and the close up facial animations really add to the expressiveness of it. I don't even find the character walks that slow, not like some other games I have played. it would be nice if you could double click to make him run, but I find he covers screens pretty quickly. With a simple map and the aid of a compass, I find getting around quite easy but without these aids I can see how it would get quite confusing because of the way he turns to face you on each screen.

It's a little too soon for me to be able to say much about the story, but so far I see it as being more character driven than story driven. I'm looking forward to meeting more of the quirky lost souls and learning more about them
Old 04-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #13

Finish Chapter 3 yesterday, the ending was sooo slow esp the endling movie for chapter 3.. Anyway quite good for undergound games.. make it so commerical.. Funny part as when i when away for a drink or toilet, the character will knock ur screen and ask you to hurry and dun forget him.. LOL..
Love the interface as it remind me of Full throttle.. Going to Play chapter 4 and maybe the last one today..
Old 04-22-2008, 07:31 AM   #14

He he, "I know, I'll just stand here and wait until you are good and ready!" I love it when you try to do something stupid and he says, "you haven't been on a lot of adventures, have you?" or simply, "are you mad?"
Old 04-24-2008, 04:45 AM   #15
ssa

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddi View Post
I'm looking forward to meeting more of the quirky lost souls and learning more about them
What about the guy who steals your inventory.
I thought that was a nice touch to.

Someone remarked about the story not being clear. It's clear and simple to me:
The gods are using the main character as a pawn in their little power struggle. Now he has to find a way of getting back his life - and getting out of limbo.

That's all I need to know. Now it's up to me to figure out how to accomlish this. That's the difference between a movie and a game.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by autowil View Post
Finish Chapter 3 yesterday, the ending was sooo slow esp the endling movie for chapter 3.. Anyway quite good for undergound games.. make it so commerical.. Funny part as when i when away for a drink or toilet, the character will knock ur screen and ask you to hurry and dun forget him.. LOL..
Love the interface as it remind me of Full throttle.. Going to Play chapter 4 and maybe the last one today..
Did you understand the move from chapter 3 to chapter 4? I didn't quite understand what happened there.
Spoiler:
There was no explanation to this transition from where Briggs reveals the case of the soul taker to the "inventory monster" lair to the Machine Room... did you get it? The rest of the transitions between the chapters were quite simple to understand.