Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Best adventure of 2007 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/21529-best-adventure-2007-a.html)

Gabe 12-10-2007 06:41 AM

Best adventure of 2007

Adventure of the year?

Keregioz 12-10-2007 07:03 AM

I vote culpa innata.
I have a feeling there's a chance overclocked could take it's place as the best... but it has not been released yet in english (if I'm not mistaken), so I haven't played it. I think all the games in the list should have an english language release to make this poll fair...

Kurufinwe 12-10-2007 07:10 AM

Definitely eXperience112 (even with all its bugs et lousy ending) for me. But if we're only counting games with an English version, then Phoenix Wright 3.

Terramax 12-10-2007 07:18 AM

I'm sorry to sound negative here, but of the few I played there, I didn't enjoy any of them enough.

I chose 'other' as Murder on the Orient Express was released in the UK in January if I'm correct. Even then the second half saw the facade drop to reveal a rather repetitive game.

Here's looking to next year though which shows far more promising output.

Gabe 12-10-2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurufinwe (Post 451794)
Definitely eXperience112 (even with all its bugs et lousy ending) for me. But if we're only counting games with an English version, then Phoenix Wright 3.

No list definately not counting english releases who producing&playing adventures not much us or uk right now.;)
Unfortunately There are 15 more average adv. couldnt listed coz of poll limitations,

Ankh 3 - Battle of the Gods
Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun
Delaware St. John Volume 3: The Seacliff Tragedy
Dead Reefs
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
eXperience112
Limbo of the Lost
Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy
Last Half of Darkness: Beyond the Spirit's Eye
Penumbra: Overture
Rhem 3 - The Secret Library
The Sacred Rings
The 5th Disciple
Undercover: Operation Wintersun

wonder if mod. adds them, makes better?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keregioz (Post 451792)
I vote culpa innata.
I have a feeling there's a chance overclocked could take it's place as the best... but it has not been released yet in english (if I'm not mistaken), so I haven't played it. I think all the games in the list should have an english language release to make this poll fair...

Agree,that's why poll be open for next 10 months for who plays only english can wait till release available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terramax (Post 451798)
I'm sorry to sound negative here, but of the few I played there, I didn't enjoy any of them enough.

I chose 'other' as Murder on the Orient Express was released in the UK in January if I'm correct. Even then the second half saw the facade drop to reveal a rather repetitive game.

Here's looking to next year though which shows far more promising output.

Good but your vote must add to 2006's pool.

Gorecki 12-10-2007 09:14 AM

I'm ashamed to say that Sam and Max: Season 1 is the only game on that list that I've played, so that gets my vote (although luckily I did enjoy it very much, so the vote is justified).

Fien 12-10-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 451805)
No list definately not counting english releases who producing&playing adventures not much us or uk right now.;)
Unfortunately There are 15 more average adv. couldnt listed coz of poll limitations, [...]

Anacapri: The Dream is not on your lists and The Lost Crown has not been released yet.

I played 7 new adventures this year and 9 older ones.

Best English adventure: Sam&Max Season One
Best non-English one: Overclocked
Best oldie: Toonstruck (1996)
Best text adventure: Timequest (1991)

Biggest disappointment: Culpa Innata

Gabe 12-10-2007 11:08 AM

I havent checkd out but The Lost Crown voted %2 on JAV's Best Adventure Played This Year,Anacapri english release for 07?

I played 12 new adventures this year and 4 older ones.

Best non-English one: L'il Noyee
Best oldie: Duckman (1996)
Best text adventure: Facade (2006)

Biggest disappointment: Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun

JKR 12-10-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fienepien (Post 451837)
Anacapri: The Dream is not on your lists and The Lost Crown has not been released yet.

I played 7 new adventures this year and 9 older ones.

Best non-English one: Overclocked
Best oldie: Toonstruck (1996)
Best text adventure: Timequest (1991)

Biggest disappointment: Culpa Innata

HOW DID YOU PLAY TOONSTRUCK?!? PLEASE TELL ME!!!!
I have a copy but haven't been able to play it since my old Windows 95 machine died years ago. It won't run for me on XP.

[toj.cc]Phantom 12-10-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Nancy Drew 30: Legend of the Crystal Skull
lawlz

Dale Baldwin 12-10-2007 12:45 PM

Heh, fixed.

Fien 12-10-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 451846)
I havent checkd out but The Lost Crown voted %2 on JAV's Best Adventure Played This Year,

You're right... 14 people voted The Lost Crown. Interesting. :crazy: I pre-ordered it many months ago but the American release date keeps changing. If there has been a European release, they managed to keep it a secret cause it's not available on play.com or amazon.co.uk either.

Quote:

Anacapri english release for 07?
Yep. I have played it and I don't speak Italian.

Fien 12-10-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKR (Post 451852)
HOW DID YOU PLAY TOONSTRUCK?!? PLEASE TELL ME!!!!
I have a copy but haven't been able to play it since my old Windows 95 machine died years ago. It won't run for me on XP.

I'm lucky, my old Windows 95 machine is still alive. ;)

You can play all kinds of great DOS games with the free program DOSbox. Or you could try Virtual PC. Also free, but you'd have to install DOS of course.

MikaelS 12-10-2007 08:09 PM

Sam and Max season 1 and Culpa Innata.

I give both equal vote and my excuse is because Sam and Max is episode-based, thus not so comparable so it's justified vote both! :P

Some games up there I haven't played though. Overclocked and Shrelock Holmes to name couple...but for now it's Sam'n'Max and Culpa Innata.

edit: could only vote one option...it went for Culpa Innata.. :/

MoonBird 12-10-2007 09:58 PM

Runaway 2 - Dream Of The Turtle. Could be also Overclocked or Everlight, but i cannot say, because those are not published in english yet... Same goes for Sinking Island... Others were mostly disappointments.

ProggleRock 12-10-2007 10:34 PM

Can't go wrong with Sam & Max. Plus, it's the only one up there I've played. ;)

DustyShinigami 12-11-2007 02:27 AM

Likewise. I haven't played any of the other games listed, apart from Sam & Max, either because they don't interest me or cuz they haven't been released over here yet. I suppose i'll buy Runaway 2 at some point means i still haven't played it. But Sam & Max definitely get my vote. :)

Elessar 12-11-2007 03:30 AM

You forgot to put on the list one of the best games released this year: Darkness Within - In pursuit of Loath Nolder.

Just because it got a bad score from adv-gamers doesn't mean it must automatically get out of the list...

My 2007 top-3 is:

1. Culpa Innata
2. Darkness Within
3. Ghost in the Sheet

ozzie 12-11-2007 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 451805)
Unfortunately There are 15 more average adv. couldnt listed coz of poll limitations,

Ankh 3 - Battle of the Gods
Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun
Delaware St. John Volume 3: The Seacliff Tragedy
Dead Reefs
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
eXperience112
Limbo of the Lost
Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy
Last Half of Darkness: Beyond the Spirit's Eye
Penumbra: Overture
Rhem 3 - The Secret Library
The Sacred Rings
The 5th Disciple
Undercover: Operation Wintersun

Ehm, wasn't the fifth Disciple released in 2002? At least according to Mobygames.
And according to the developer's site.

Kurufinwe 12-11-2007 03:43 AM

By the way, shouldn't Hotel Dusk be in the list somewhere? That was also definitely one of the best games of the year.