You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Still Life 2 Announced (includes spoilers for first game)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 07:28 AM   #1

Default Still Life 2 Announced (includes spoilers for first game)

http://www.microids.com/en/press/9/m...fe-sequel.html

I personally couldn't care less, but I know it's going to make some of you happy.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 12-06-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
Super Moderator

demonryu, there was already a thread about this, but it was cryptically labeled so you probably didn't know. I merged the two.

Edit: You deleted your post (the thread is labeled more distinctly now). We'll be doing a news item on this shortly. We can't keep up with you all.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
demonryu, there was already a thread about this, but it was cryptically labeled so you probably didn't know. I merged the two.
I just deleted my post since it was basically the same thing.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:20 AM   #4

Man, this sounds wonderful, and I haven't even played Still Life yet!!
But they eliminate the main reason why I didn't - unfulfilling ending.
So, cool!!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
(the thread is labeled more distinctly now)
You're no fun.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
You're no fun.
I know. But a new thread got started anyway. The fun can't last forever you know.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #7
Developer

Awesome! And I had given up hope long ago for its sequel.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #8

That's definitely good news.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #9

So it seems that there is a completly new story and the new game won't include the originally planned chapters which were scrapped in Still Life 1.

Quote:
Quote:
but I'm curious as to what you had planned and what might have been scrapped due to time / budget / reality constraints. Any chance you can tell us what was supposed to happen at the end?
Spoiler:
There was the entire part in LA 1954 and 2005 and Chicago 1932 and 2005. We played Gus again but in Chicago of the 30s; Gus chasing Mark. This part would introduce LA 54. The LA 54 part would explain the link between the murderers. Look closely at the painting “The Pupil”. In the original script, there were two endings. It was more of a choice really. The player could choose between arresting the killer or putting a clip into him. Now that’s closure. The player decided the fate of the killer. I really liked that idea simply because I thought it could be fun to empower the player with how he or she wanted Vic to end her story.
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...?t=8038&page=3

Last edited by Melanie68; 12-06-2007 at 09:44 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags
Old 12-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #10
Adventurer

This is great, though it's still a long way off.
I wonder if we'll get the conclusion to the last adventure in an introduction movie or what, because this sounds as if it's a completely different story.
But the story and concept sounds great! I hope they can pull it off again, and give us a conclusion this time!
I truly didn't think I'd ever hear word of a Still Life 2
Old 12-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #11
Super Moderator

http://www.adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=1582

The new game will answer who the killer was in Still Life. How they will be doing that is unknown at this point.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #12

Awesome! I loved the ending in Still Life unlike most people apparently. It just added so much more to the dark and gritty atmosphere. Hopefully they won't change their style now and make the story too transparent because some people complain. I only hope there won't be another cookie making riddle lol.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #13

Send a message via MSN to Thesaya

*happy*
Old 12-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #14

Excellent news. One of the only adventures in recent years worthy of being called a Classic finally gets what it, and fans deserve.

Quote:
Awesome! I loved the ending in Still Life unlike most people apparently. It just added so much more to the dark and gritty atmosphere.
Nope, you're not alone there. I loved the ending for keeping me guessing. Too many people expect to be spoonfed stories and leave nothing to the imagination. Where are all the David Lynch fans?

I loved the atmosphere and the very social realist, gritty style you're on about too.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 AM   #15

That's excellent news indeed.

Fingers crossed for more cookie puzzles!!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
Nope, you're not alone there. I loved the ending for keeping me guessing. Too many people expect to be spoonfed stories and leave nothing to the imagination. Where are all the David Lynch fans?
Big David Lynch fan here!... the ending still sucked though... nothing like something david lynch would do.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #17

This is good news on many levels. As long time fans know their are a handful of games that we all wished their would be a sequal but will probably never been made. Until now Still Life was one such game. With this new release those fans of the game who long to closer to the story in the first game will get it. I also think it shows strength in the genre as a whole that companies are still willing to develop franchises int he genra. What I found most intresting in the release on Microds websites was the way they kept refering to Still Life as a series. To me this implies more than two and may signal a williness to turn Still Life into a full fledged franchise with multiple games. Their is no doubt that this game will be highly anticpated within this community. As such it provides a great opputonity for the newly launched Adventure Shop to prove its worth. If Adventure Shop can carry the either on its release date or better still before it is released in stores like they are doing with the new Sherlock Holmes game it would represent a major victory for the new enterprise. Furthermore this seems at least possible seeing as the Shop now carries both Still Life and the earlier Post Mortem.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #18

Great! Only the waiting for at least a year is not so great... (and I liked the graphics of Still Life - hope that the sequel will not be ruined by this 3D-thing)
Old 12-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #19
QFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keregioz View Post
Big David Lynch fan here!... the ending still sucked though... nothing like something david lynch would do.

+1 to this sentiment.

I'm just glad the story will finally (hopefully) get wrapped up.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #20

Yeah, a little worried about the 3D aspect as adventure devs have not exactly been good at getting it right, but I have faith and hopefully it will be as awesome as the first installment!!