You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Overclocked Demo, opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 01:10 AM   #1
3rd person fanatic :)

Default Overclocked Demo, opinions?

Hi AG users

Just got German Demo version of Overclocked in my hands. I think it's totally brilliant. Font and the setting is very much like in the Moment Of Silence, but the pathfinding problems and annoying camera angle changes are history. Grahphics are really great and made a real life feel to the game. In other words: The House Of Tales has taken a note from the feedback of their previous game, because just the annoying parts have been fixed and the setting kept otherwise wery much the same

Few bugs occured during the playing, but nothing big, and I believe that they are gone in the final game. It's good sign, that after playing the demo, you can't wait the whole game to be released (of course i just couldn't finish the demo, because i didn't understand much of the language )

I Think that this game is going to be even better than it's predecessor. Anyone else played it? How did it feel? Any chace for english demo version? (I don't speak that much deutch )

Spoiler:
PS: Shooting the bricks with the pistol was great innovation. I liked it a lot
Old 11-25-2007, 01:50 AM   #2
Chicken with a bite

I've played the demo too, and although German is my third language (Dutch being the first and English the second) I understood most of what the characters said. I am now contemplating if I should buy the game completely in German so I can play it NOW, or wait another three months or so for the English version. Liked it a lot!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:14 AM   #3
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloDiablo View Post
I've played the demo too, and although German is my third language (Dutch being the first and English the second) I understood most of what the characters said. I am now contemplating if I should buy the game completely in German so I can play it NOW, or wait another three months or so for the English version. Liked it a lot!
Play it NOW!

I had no problems whatsoever with the German voices and subtitles. There was just one word I had to look up in a dictionary because I didn't have a clue.

Advice from a fellow Dutchie, whose German is nothing to write home about. Really!
Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 AM   #4
Chicken with a bite

Hmm. I'll see if I can find a cheap webshop somewhere. Amazon.de charges 8 euro for shopping, that's a bit steep.