Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Sam & Max - 201: Ice Station Santa (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/21289-sam-max-201-ice-station-santa.html)

JamieSI 11-08-2007 05:15 AM

Sam & Max - 201: Ice Station Santa

Strategy Informer has posted up the first review of Sam & Max - Season 2: Episode 1: Ice Station Santa. They gave it a score of 7.7 and said that it was an enjoyable experience and that the episode is their third favourite one.

You can read it here: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/s...ta/review.html

If you see any other reviews of this episode then post them in here!

Thoughts?

Dale Baldwin 11-08-2007 05:20 AM

I'd completely forgotten that was due out today/tomorrow.

Kolzig 11-08-2007 08:21 AM

Well here's Adventure Gamers' own review by Evan Dickens.

http://adventuregamers.com/article/id,827/

Dale Baldwin 11-09-2007 10:03 AM

Woo, it's now available for purchase from Telltale.

Lucien21 11-09-2007 10:14 AM

Woot!!

Downloading Ep 1 now @ 700KB/sec

110 MB in 2.5 mins.

Thaurin 11-09-2007 12:34 PM

I immediately purchased the entire season two pass and I'm playing episode one now. It's freaking awesome. I keep having to alt-enter out to post some amazing quote some place. It definitely has a more dynamic feel to it and they tried to change the pace somewhat. I'm not far in, so I hope they can keep it up. Judging from the reviews, it does.

Kurufinwe 11-09-2007 04:39 PM

What an absolutely great game. Telltale have really outdone themselves with this one. I used to consider Hit the Road to be the funniest game I'd ever played (with The Feeble Files close behind), but I think Ice Station Santa really takes the first place now. The game is hilarious, and crazy, and the humour's always completely outrageous (much more so than in Season 1) – I could hardly stop laughing! And the gameplay and pacing work really great too, which is always a plus. And then there's the music, and the voice acting, and, and, and...

To make a long story short, I can't wait for the rest of the season! :)

Lucien21 11-10-2007 01:34 AM

I liked the "Nightmare Before Christmas" music in Santa's Workshop.

HieroHero 11-10-2007 05:55 PM

I agree, the gameplay and pacing of this episode were excellent. Highly recommend this to everyone! :)

Forg13 11-11-2007 01:51 AM

Please can sombody give me a file SamMax201.exe

Lucien21 11-11-2007 02:25 AM

If you are having problems with the game. Try downloading it again or contacting the support e-mail on Telltale's website.

Forg13 11-11-2007 02:37 AM

Oh, I can't download again because a speed very low on my modem (2 kb/sec) I once donload 7 hours, and again I can't. In suppot can't untestand me because my English very bad (I'm Russian) and they banned me. Please email me SamMax201.exe

Kolzig 11-11-2007 05:41 AM

Sorry man, contact Telltale with your problem. They are the only ones that can help you if you have legally bought this game from Telltale.

AG does not support piracy.

Erwin_Br 11-11-2007 07:25 AM

Woo! Just finished it, and it totally rocks!

It has a neat system setup sequence, an interactive intro, new mini-games, and you can make Sam run! The humor is great, as always, the puzzle difficulty has been turned up a notch, and the game takes longer to finish.

In short: Can't wait for the next episode.

--Erwin

cwapitm 11-11-2007 09:01 AM

It was great and I consider it to be my second favorite of all of the ones they made. I loved all the references to Christmas movies and specials.:D I will say no more though.

Wolfrider 11-11-2007 09:28 AM

I loved it. :D Just finished it actually (hey, I have a lot on the go). The addition of the hint feature was welcome. I didn't really need it, but the one or two times I thought to myself, "Ok, where the &*% am I supposed to go?" Max's little quips gave me just what I needed to keep the game moving. If the rest of the Season keeps episode 1's quality then S2 looks to be even better than the first.

So... is the next episode going to be released in December? Or are they taking a break until the New Year? It seems odd to have a Christmas themed episode in November then a regular episode next month.

mat 11-11-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forg13 (Post 447537)
Oh, I can't download again because a speed very low on my modem (2 kb/sec) I once donload 7 hours, and again I can't. In suppot can't untestand me because my English very bad (I'm Russian) and they banned me. Please email me SamMax201.exe

I've seen your post in the telltale forum (before it was deleted).

It sounded like you wanted a illegal copy of the game.

But if your download is so slow, you want to wait for a DVD release and buy it on DVD.
(it wont be any faster by email)

Melanie68 11-11-2007 10:04 AM

Wolfrider, they're skipping a month and releasing the next one in January. So Telltale is starting the Christmas season in November like many other people. :D

Forg13 11-12-2007 10:34 AM

Oh, pity that you send 5-10 mb? Yes I'm pirate, I'm unlegal. But I'm only want to play in my favorite game... DVD release in Russia be before april. But I want play right now... I can' buy it because i haven't credit card. Please send...
P.S. You may banned me if you so greedy
P.P.S. Sorry for my bad English

Dale Baldwin 11-12-2007 10:38 AM

You won't be getting it from anybody here, sorry.