Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Next Life (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/21286-next-life.html)

Gamegirl 11-07-2007 11:06 AM

Next Life

This game is supposed to be released this week and I believe it was called Reprobates in Europe. I just checked the Dreamcatcher Interactive website and it says that Next Life needs a minimum of 768mb of RAM to play. Is this true? I sure hope not because I was looking forward to this game, but my computer only has 512mb. ;(

Lucien21 11-07-2007 11:20 AM

Yet again TAC changes the name of a game for the USA release.

Maybe they cant's spell Reprobates.

Or maybe they are not sure people know what it means.

Quote:

rep·ro·bate (rĕp'rə-bāt')
n.
A morally unprincipled person.
One who is predestined to damnation.
adj.
Morally unprincipled; shameless.
Rejected by God and without hope of salvation.
tr.v., -bat·ed, -bat·ing, -bates.
To disapprove of; condemn.
To abandon to eternal damnation. Used of God.

Lucien21 11-07-2007 11:26 AM

P.s The German release had 512mb as the mininum memory so I think the TAC one might be wrong.

GreyFuss 11-07-2007 11:36 AM

Do you think it has to do with the game being compatible with Vista. I have seen other software programs list two different Ram requirements for programs, one lower number for Windows XP and a higher number for those with the Vista OS. I could be wrong but isn't Vista a very demanding OS by itself?

Could it be that the game developers require more ram for Vista to ensure that there is an adequate amount left for their game to run properly?... i.e. 768mb for Vista equals 512mb for XP.

Just thinking out loud.

Atlantis 11-07-2007 01:31 PM

I knew it! I knew it!
After playing the french demo, I KNEW that game was about purgatory.

Yes, Vista is a bitch to run, but you kinda get used to it.

Lucifiel 11-07-2007 01:40 PM

Geez, Reprobates sounds like a more interesting title than "Next Life". Still, the premise for the game sounds and looks rather interesting. I wonder who or what determines where these people end up in. Is it because of the lives they lived, or their actions or something else?

Darn! There are so many tantalising morsels to be had within the next 6 months. :p Next Life, Overclocked, Gray Matter, The Abbey, Vampyre's Tale and so forth. Everyone! Prepare to burn your wallets. =D

Jackal 11-07-2007 02:51 PM

Gamegirl, you can always try out the German or French demo of the game. You might not understand much, but it'd let you know if your computer can handle it.

Gamegirl 11-07-2007 05:03 PM

Thanks, that's a great idea. I'll try the french one, I think I'd get further with that.

Gamegirl 11-08-2007 10:43 AM

Well, I downloaded the french version and it played great with my 512mb RAM. I didn't get very far but it played clear and smooth. Thanks for the great advice. :D

Melanie68 11-08-2007 12:46 PM

Glad you got it figured out Gamegirl. :) I have the same RAM on my laptop, so it's good to hear it works. Thanks for being the tester.

Thesaya 11-10-2007 01:37 PM

Man, i gotta learn more german, i would get games so much faster!