You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #1

Default Was ist das??!

http://www.amazon.de/Die-Kunst-Morde...024379&sr=1-18

Lol literally what is this game called outside of germany?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Art of Murder: FBI Confidential
Old 11-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
Thanks, I don't like the name though. Make it seems like it's part of a TV Show or something... it's not part of a TV Show, right?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #4

That does look good. This thread is the first time I've noticed it. Looks like it should be out soon though...late 2007.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arma View Post
Thanks, I don't like the name though. Make it seems like it's part of a TV Show or something... it's not part of a TV Show, right?
No it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruithead
That does look good. This thread is the first time I've noticed it. Looks like it should be out soon though...late 2007
That's for Eastern Europe. I don't believe there's been confirmation of an English release yet.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruithead View Post
That does look good. This thread is the first time I've noticed it. Looks like it should be out soon though...late 2007.
here's a thread with more info:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ghlight=murder
Old 11-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #7

More info on this game and the devs:

Detalion - developers of Nina: Agent Chronicles (2003, published by City Interactive), as well as of Schism: Prawdziwe Wyzwanie (2001), published in English as Schism: Mysterious Journey, and Draggo (2003). More recently, they have made Schism 2: Kameleon (2004), aka Mysterious Journey 2: Chameleon, and Sentinel: Straznik Grobowca (2005), aka Sentinel: Descendants in Time. With the exception of Nina and Draggo, all their games are Myst-style puzzle/adventure games. Detalion itself appears to be finished now - but as near as I can work out, it has left behind two splinter groups - Detalion Games (see below), and Detalion Art (see the City Interactive entry).

Detalion Games - founded at some point after 2005, which was when the last Detalion game was published. It's hard to tell if this company actually exists, or if they merely existed for a while and died out - according to their website, they're working on an action game called Galander, but because of the website's structure, there's no way of telling when they last added any info about the game. Of course, Detalion itself had also always been very secretive...

The game comes out on the 4th Q of 2007. According to amazon the game comes out also in germany Q4 2007.

Links:

http://www.detalionart.com/

http://www.detalion.com/ (dead, last game was Sentinel )

http://www.detaliongames.com/en/ (Hiatus? Dead with detalion?)

Also more info:

http://www.city-interactive.com/index.php?lang=pl

City Interactive - founded in 2002, this company is an amalgamation of three smaller game developers (Lemon Interactive, Tatanka, and We Open Eyes). They are also affiliated with the publisher Onimedia - since both companies exist in the exact same office building, they can essentially be considered a single entity. Currently, City Interactive together with Onimedia are either the biggest or the second-biggest (after Techland) games developer in Poland, with almost 100 people, and is currently undergoing a major reorganisation ahead of going public (...that is, transforming into a publicly-owned company). City's products have at this point gotten too numerous to list - they include the Wings of Honour series (2 games), the Terrorist Takedown series (4 games), the Battlestrike series (2 games), and the Combat Wings series (2 games), as well as a few others like Smash-up Derby (2003; aka Demolition Champions), The Chickenator (2003), WWII: Pacific Heroes (2004), Project Freedom (2004; aka Space Interceptor), Jet Storm (2005), Code of Honor: The Foreign Legion (2007), Redneck Kentucky and the Next Generation Chickens (2007), Beauty Factory (2007) and The Hell in Vietnam (2007). They also occasionally localise and publish games from other developers, for example the Arkanoid-like game BreakQuest (2006), and three FPS games from the Canadian studio Groove Games: WWII Sniper: Call to Victory (2005, published in Poland as part of the Battlestrike series), Army Ranger: Mogadishu (2005, published locally as part of the Terrorist Takedown series), and Combat: Task Force 121 (2005). They are currently working on four projects (two of which are being developed in their new subsidiaries in Katowice and Rzeszow). Note that, in Poland, these games are generally first published boxless, as pseudo-magazine issues. Apparently, this somewhat-peculiar method of release allows them to sell the game at a lower price (VAT for magazines is only 7%, compared to 22% for software) - and, more importantly, ensures that these games can be bought at just about every newsagent in the country.

City Katowice - in 2006, City Interactive set about organising a new (wholly-owned) studio in Katowice (southern Poland). This studio is now active, and has started developing their first game.

City Rzeszow (aka Detalion Art) - in 2007, City Interactive announced another new (also wholly-owned) studio, this time in Rzeszow (south-eastern Poland). This is not actually a new studio - basically, City bought up Detalion Art, which was one of the splinter groups from the old, defunct Detalion.

Lemon Interactive - formerly known as Coda, this company was mainly a publisher of low-budget titles. Before they formed City Interactive, these guys were going to publish We Open Eyes's Project Earth (2002), and Detalion's Nina: Agent Chronicles (2003). As I understand it, Lemon Interactive actually forms the core of Onimedia, rather than City Interactive.

Onimedia - aka Oni Games. They were a sister company to City Interactive - they had the same group of owners, but were always a separate company rather than a subsidiary. This was City's publishing branch, responsible for the publishing and distribution of all externally-developed games (which included budget titles, as well as a number of hit games republished a year or two after initial release). At the moment, Onimedia is no longer publishing anything - they may still exist as a company for another month or two (I'm not sure), but basically the idea is to merge them with City Interactive ahead of its debut on the stock exchange.

Last edited by Arma; 11-03-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:21 PM   #8
Adventure-Treff.de Staff

Send a message via ICQ to basti007 Send a message via AIM to basti007

Well, i played a little bit of "Art of Murder" and it seems a little bit like a copy of both Tunguska and Still Life. But I liked it, could be a good game. The developers promised to change several aspects like too little hot spots and a high linearity until the release in several days here in Germany now.

You can find a preview on our site, if you wish (well, in German, but you could translate it with google: http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools , click on "The art of killing" (yes google translates it in this way).)