Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   The Adventure that you like to replay most (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/20963-adventure-you-like-replay-most.html)

AdrianWerner 10-01-2007 07:51 PM

Myst series (besides 3 and 4)- the puzzles are complex enough that I forget about the solutions after two years or so :)

Indiana Jones and Fate of Atlantis is runner-up :)

simpson_yellow 10-02-2007 02:17 AM

Myst series for me, Riven being by far the most satisfying replay.

Other than those, I can't say I replay much - Bioforge, Full Throttle and Sam & Max are the only others that come to mind.

The Last Express and Obsidian are two that I must get around to replaying, though.

rtrooney 10-05-2007 06:26 PM

Shivers1 is the only game I played more than twice. I loved that game.

MikaelS 10-05-2007 07:46 PM

Replaying Broken Sword: Shadows of the Templar, Gabriel Knight 3 and first two Monkey Islands occasionally tends to put me on good mood. :)

Erz 10-05-2007 08:05 PM

Tie between Gabriel Knight series (all three) and TLJ and Dreamfall. I'm waiting to replay TLJ and Dreamfall again for when the next one(s) come out.

Bobske 10-06-2007 04:51 AM

I choose Gabriel Knight but these are the games I replay the most:

Gabriel Knight Series
Tex Murphy Series
Toonstruck
Sanitarium
Curse of Monkey Island
The Longest Journey
Broken Sword I & II

Hmm, I need more time :)

tastebud 10-06-2007 02:07 PM

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is the greatest.

I just tried replaying Gabriel Knight 1 and 2 again... but they are so outdated I can't get em to run right. The moment I fix one problem, another pops up :/

Gabe 10-08-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tastebud (Post 443138)

I just tried replaying Gabriel Knight 1 and 2 again... but they are so outdated I can't get em to run right. The moment I fix one problem, another pops up :/

Use Rolfi's installer will ya

vivasawadee 10-08-2007 06:15 PM

Gabriel Knight still works great in XP using DosBox.

For better living and longer health I recommend playing Monkey Island 2 at least once a year

Collector 10-08-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tastebud (Post 443138)

Haven't you heard of DOSBox? It's a classic gamer's best friend.

Risingson 10-09-2007 12:33 AM

Funny: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. It is just a delight to have an adventure story so well told, with lots of exotic places to visit and wonderful dialogues. Runnerups could be the last Legend point 'n click games: Shannarah, Death Gate, Companions of Xanth, Superhero League of Hoboken. They are just so fun...

misslilo 10-09-2007 11:28 AM

I've just replayed Broken Sword 1 + 2.
Can't believe how much of it I've forgotten through the years!

I bought the 2-in-1 pack, which actually had ScummVM within the installer, so they played like a dream :D

I'm waiting for the Gabriel Knight Mysteries (GK1 + 2) to arrive, since I somehow have lost GK 2 somewhere...
Just one question to all you experts out there... I've read it plays well in DosBox version 0.70 fine.. does that mean, it plays well in version 0.72 too?

Tiocfaidh 10-12-2007 09:04 AM

As far as I remember ...

6 times - Broken Sword Shadows of the Templar
4 times - Gabriel Knight 1
4 times - Maniac Mansion
3 times - Gabriel Knight 2
3 times - Indiana Jones - Fate of Atlantis
3 times - The Last Express
3 times - Secret of Monkey Island

I´m planning to play through GK3 for the third time in the near future ...

Burge 10-13-2007 10:59 PM

Dott Ftw.

DesNalgadOr 10-14-2007 08:38 AM

it has to be Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, exploring all the alternatives.

Imoe 10-15-2007 04:38 AM

I played Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis a couple of times. The first time I played it on the Amiga (11 discs!), then another time when I got my first PC. Just two or three years ago, I completed it for the third time.

misslilo 10-15-2007 05:36 AM

I'm just about to finish Fate of Atlantis for the 5th time - in GERMAN!
It's a real challenge, lol - although I do understand german, it's all the little details in the language I am missing.
I'm getting an english version soon - I hope. (lost my own english copy years ago)

nrvllrgrs 10-15-2007 09:02 AM

King's Quest IV. It's the game that I always played when I got sick and had to stay home from school; it's my equivalent to chicken noodle soup.

Melkor 10-22-2007 11:43 AM

Full Throttle and TLJ for me, strange that there's not more people replaying Full Throttle, I find that it plays a lot like a movie, works like a charm every time, and has very tight pacing. When you know what to do, it's perfect length as well. And the music and voice acting and everything. Just the best game to replay. I lurves it.

hkyaumati 10-31-2007 09:19 AM

I replay
Monkey Island 2, 3, 4
DOTT
Indiana Jones Fate of atlantis
Sam N Max
Grim Fandango

Indiana Jones is the most replayed, as there are 3 options to complete the game.

Monkey island serious is also most replayed as the humor conversation attracts me a lot.