You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Tournament of a Bastich

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
Iconoclast

Default Tournament of a Bastich

I'd like to invite everyone here to participate in a tournament I'm holding in the "Adventure Game Trivia" section of the Just Adventure forums. There is going to be 8 weeks of trivia and puzzles to test your wits and knowledge of the adventure genre and it's brethren.

15 games will be awarded to those who place in the top 5, and a few random prizes as well.

There are nearly a hundred adventure games and approximately twice that in non-adventure games for the winners to choose from. The prize list is already posted HERE for those who are interested.

The contest will start on Sunday, September 23 at 12:00pm CST.

You don't need to be a member of the forums to participate, nor is this sponsered by JA+. It is my own private contest to get rid of some of my excess games.

Hope to see you there!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:57 AM   #2

Wow! That is A LOT of games! I hope the contest is cheat-free. People won't be able to just look up answers on the internet will they?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
Iconoclast

Due to the incredible amount of information on adventure games on the internet, it is virtually impossible to make a tournament like this that is cheat-free as you describe it. That could only occur if I locked everyone in a room with no computer access. I also can't make it too hard to offset that or it won't be much fun.

The good news is that everyone, bandwidth limitations excepted, has equal access to the same cheat-sheet. Of course, I haven't made it against the rules to use the internet as a tool (as if I could enforce that), so it isn't actually cheating anyway.

Google to your heart's content, read walkthroughs, look at every screenshot on Mobygames, do whatever rotten thing it takes to win some games. It's all fine with me. I've won a lot of these contests myself and I certainly didn't guess everything off the top of my head.

It's only cheating if you hack my computer. I will, of course, deliver the games in person then, with a rusty axe in hand...

Last edited by Bastich; 09-17-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

What happens with the tournament now that Just Adventure is so unstable?

wasn't that interested in participating, since I'm still a novice to adventuregames, but I wanted to see the questions (and hopefully also some answers after a while) and learn..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 09-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
Iconoclast

Due to the problems at Just Adventure, I'm moving the start of my tournament to Sunday, September 30, 2007 @ 12:00pm CST.

The basic information and rules regarding the tournament are found HERE

Last edited by Bastich; 09-24-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:15 PM   #6

Whoa! Those are some pretty sweet prizes! I wish I had the time/brains to participate.

(oooh... Dark Seed... Journeyman Project 2 and 3... )
Old 09-25-2007, 09:08 AM   #7
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

I don't know what participating entails exactly, but it sounds like it might be fun so I signed up at JA+ (funny, I thought I had an account there already...) to take part. There are games in that prize list I would love to play, but I'm not getting my hopes up on winning any.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:36 PM   #8
Under pressure.

Wow, you're going to be very busy with this, Bastich! Where do you get the time?!

--Erwin
Old 09-30-2007, 09:03 AM   #9
Iconoclast

This tournament has just started today. Head on over if you are interested in participating...