Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   S&M - Season 2 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/20799-s-m-season-2-a.html)

cwapitm 09-26-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin_Br (Post 441355)
Max better have fur this time. And I mean REAL fur! Pixar quality fur, if you will. I won't settle for anything less.

--Erwin

Hmm...I think 3D Max would look strange with pixar fur. I prefer his rubber fur.:P

Tyler_Legrand 09-26-2007 10:10 PM

Yeah cause "pixar fur" is exactly one type of fur possible.

Melanie68 09-26-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler_Legrand (Post 441622)
Yeah cause "pixar fur" is exactly one type of fur possible.

They're mainly just joking around. Don't take it too seriously. :)

Tyler_Legrand 09-26-2007 10:15 PM

IT'S TRUE

How many kinds of fur have you honestly seen

Trumgottist 09-27-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwapitm (Post 441571)
Hmm...I think 3D Max would look strange with pixar fur. I prefer his rubber fur.:P

Google (happy 9th birthday, Google!) tells me that 3D Max has had hair and fur included since version 7.5, so it's nothing new. (2005?)

Trumgottist 09-29-2007 01:41 PM

To get slightly back on topic... Yesterday I bought myself a Windows desktop (Vista makes me appreciate Mac OSX even more btw), and two games followed me home from the same store. Dreamfall and Sam and Max Season One. Sam and Max is simply great! (Dreamfall on the other hand is disappointing. Maybe it'll pick up after a while, but after playing through two S&M episodes Dreamfall doesn't compare favourably in any way.)

tastebud 09-30-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobabob (Post 437121)
if they set it in that *$%&ing street scene again i'm going to scream

I agree. Even though the first season was good, walking through the office and Sybil's and Bosco's shops for 6 seasons and only having 1 or 2 new screens per season did get a bit repetitive. I hope they'll get a bit less so in Season 2.

Squinky 10-02-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumgottist (Post 442078)
To get slightly back on topic... Yesterday I bought myself a Windows desktop (Vista makes me appreciate Mac OSX even more btw), and two games followed me home from the same store. Dreamfall and Sam and Max Season One. Sam and Max is simply great! (Dreamfall on the other hand is disappointing. Maybe it'll pick up after a while, but after playing through two S&M episodes Dreamfall doesn't compare favourably in any way.)

It's comparing apples and oranges, really. Both are great, I think, but I can understand one being disappointing if you've just been playing the other and are in the mood for more of the same.

(Strangely enough, after having played Dreamfall somewhat recently, I find myself not really inclined to finish playing the Season One games I haven't gotten through yet. But then again, it also has to do with my computer being slow and in need of replacement.)

tastebud 10-03-2007 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumgottist (Post 442078)

Dreamfall was awesome. Sure the controls and combat weren't too amazing if I remember correctly... but I thought the story more than made up for it. And experiencing great stories is what adventures are all about.

Jake 10-03-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tastebud (Post 442691)
Dreamfall was awesome. Sure the controls and combat weren't too amazing if I remember correctly... but I thought the story more than made up for it. And experiencing great stories is what adventures are all about.

Your definition of what adventure games are all about seems a bit skewed. I believe you meant "experiencing great slider puzzles."

Ksandra 10-04-2007 04:39 AM

I'm looking forward to it, and I'm glad to hear the difficulty level will pick up where the last season left off. I enjoyed Season 1, but the last episode was the only one that had any real 'meat' to it. Here's hoping this season's episodes are a little longer and more... 'ambitious' is the best word, I guess.

Trumgottist 10-04-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky (Post 442606)
It's comparing apples and oranges, really. Both are great, I think, but I can understand one being disappointing if you've just been playing the other and are in the mood for more of the same.

I wasn't looking for more of the same - if I was, I'd simply started up the next episode. (I finished the fifth today. Great fun) It's just that Dreamfall looks so ugly and stale in comparision. Sam and Max looks great, and the world and characters feel alive, while Dreamfall looks uninspired and populated with wooden puppets. Add to that the clunkiness of the controls, a lack of polish and a really slow beginning. I still hope it'll turn out to be a game I'll like (I did like TLJ, but it was a while since I played it - it was before the English version was released): I've only reached the infamous spider so far, so the much praised story may still appear later in the game.

fov 10-04-2007 08:43 PM

The infamous spider? I didn't play the game that long ago, but I don't remember that. Maybe I should replay. :crazy:

When I played it about six months ago, the thing I thought Dreamfall lacked was dynamic camera cuts and close-ups, which are things Sam & Max has in abundance. But Dreamfall has an atmosphere and evokes emotions that Sam & Max never will. Dreamfall made me cry, and as weird as that may seem, that is one of those things that will always translate to "good game" for me.

(I love Sam & Max too, of course. I'm just saying they're really different, and what Dreamfall lacks in camerawork, I think it makes up in other areas.)

Lucien21 10-19-2007 09:11 AM

Season 2 Trailer
Ice Station Santa HD Trailer

GageBlackwood 10-19-2007 02:04 PM

Until Season One is ported to either the Wii, the 360, or the Mac I'm going to be having some difficulty getting excited for Season Two... As a huge fan of both the comics and the original game, I'll get to them eventually. Eventually.

Lucien21 10-21-2007 11:11 AM

Dan Conners being interviewed about season 2 at E for all.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26759.html

Melkor 10-21-2007 12:51 PM

So, the first episode will be the Christmas one, and the second one, coming out in December, will be about Easter Island?

fov 10-21-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melkor (Post 444890)
So, the first episode will be the Christmas one, and the second one, coming out in December, will be about Easter Island?

The second episode is coming out in January, and yes.

Melkor 10-21-2007 05:54 PM

Oh, right. Ah, well, I'll probably play the first episode around Christmas in any case. I just felt it was kind of early with the Christmas episode just a few days into November. Not that I'm complaining :)

fov 10-21-2007 08:25 PM

The first episode was actually supposed to be released in October with episode 2 in December, but some of us at Telltale (me especially!) felt strongly that this was weird in light of the subject matter, so we made some last-minute changes. November may seem early, but on the other hand, the stores will be decked out by then and a lot of the Christmas specials show up on TV in November, too. Plus getting it out in November means 6 whole weeks to get people to buy it based on Xmas nostalgia, rather than the 3 weeks we'd have if we released it in early December...