You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #1

Default Secret files 2

For those interested, there is a teaser website from Secret files 2. On there, you can also find the GC trailer.

Secret files 2 is the follow up to Secret files tunguska. And while the first left me with mixed feelings, the follow up is on my "must buy" list. In fact, probably the adventure i'm most looking forward to.

I don't know if i'm allowed to link to screenshots from other websites (if not, then please delete the links) but here are three screenshots (two of them you will also find here on AG) in full glory (click on them for full scale):
http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/or.../08/g2_001.jpg
http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/or.../08/g2_002.jpg
http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/or.../08/g2_003.jpg

I think they look amazing. The art in the first one was already great but this seems to be even better.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:43 PM   #2
3rd person fanatic :)

Yeah! Looking great so far those screens

It's also nice to notice that Secret Files 2 has same developer than in tunguska. In screenshots, you can recognize characters...and it seems, that interface is also the same! This is important in a sequel IMHO.

Last edited by MoonBird; 08-26-2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:41 AM   #3

I enjoyed the first Tunguska very much, despite its flaws. Definitely looking forward to this one.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:44 AM   #4
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

I think it's time for me to start playing Secret Files soon...

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 08-27-2007, 02:55 AM   #5

From the little i understood on the press conference which is available as download (knowledge of the german language is nearly non-existent in my case), the game can have resolutions from 1024 up to 1600 and widescreen support. I'm wondering how this is possible with rendered backdrops?

Other bits of info i picked up:
- release april 2008
- dynamic lightening (also important for certain puzzles) and shaders
- more different camera angles
Old 08-27-2007, 03:48 AM   #6

Beautifull graphics!! I was planning to get SF Tunguska after finishing Gothic 2 so if they stick to the release date i'd be pretty interested in buying the second game in the series
Old 08-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

I am enjoying the first game. The second does look gorgeous. That library shot is stunning.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #8

First was good game, and im hoping that from second too. So my hopes are high and im certainly going to play this.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
From the little i understood on the press conference which is available as download (knowledge of the german language is nearly non-existent in my case), the game can have resolutions from 1024 up to 1600 and widescreen support. I'm wondering how this is possible with rendered backdrops?

Other bits of info i picked up:
- release april 2008
- dynamic lightening (also important for certain puzzles) and shaders
- more different camera angles
I just recently got a widescreen monitor, and when I saw the screenshots here I was kinda furstrated that I would look at those great graphics stretched on my monitor. So these are really good news!... I really hope all new games will have widescreen support...
Old 08-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #10

I receently payed, moment of silence on widescreen adn it fitted properly as though it auto adjusted.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #11

any idea what the premise is for secret files 2?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
I receently payed, moment of silence on widescreen adn it fitted properly as though it auto adjusted.
It's possible that your video card has the ability to do 4:3 aspect ratio on games that don't support widescreen. Do you have problems with other games?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:00 AM   #13

Well 4:3 ratio dont fix on my screen, it strteches if i do 16 ON 4:3 videos.
But MOS auto adjusted on my widescreen as though it has 16 support, becuase it fits the screen properly without any stretch.
But MOS is only game i played after getting my new LCD, my next game will be Tunguska.
I ma glad to play it on my big LCD coz MOS looked really great, almost like HD.
P.S=I also play 360 games on same LCD.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:04 AM   #14
3rd person fanatic :)

Those new screens got me somewhat worried... There was some really, really strange camera angles, and in some scenes the caracrer was really small, but then again on the other screens, the camera was oddly too close to character. This could be a little annoying. At least it was in Moment Of Silence. I really do hope, that they aren't gonna throw changing cameras in the game. That would be a real let-down.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:15 AM   #15
Sik

The interface in the first game was close to perfect, which is the only reason I enjoyed playing through it. It had a lot of potential, but I hope fancy graphics isn't the only improvement in the sequel. Highly subjective, of course, but what I felt the first game lacked the most was:

Interesting characters
Character development
Puzzles to advance the story and not just puzzles for the sake of having a puzzle.

I guess I'd have to actually play it to see if there's a good game behind the pretty facade, so as long as they keep the "show all hotspots" feature from the first game, I'll probably get it even if it is just more of the same with better graphics.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #16

I played Secret Files 1 and to me it was perfect and I am looking forward to the next one I am also a new member on this forum. The only thing I don't like in Secret files 1 is combining and using inventory objects. Like when I hade
Spoiler:
to combine a cell phone with a cat.

Last edited by Melanie68; 02-14-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Old 07-30-2008, 11:21 AM   #17

Does anyone have an idea about the europe (or uk) release date of Secret Files 2? It's coming out at the end of August in Germany. Online shops have 26/09 as release date for the uk.

The new screenshots look superb. I'm looking forward to this one. I hope they took onboard the feedback from the first one.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #18
Chicken with a bite

I'm sure we'll know more after the GC in Leipzig