You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Missing CD to a game, what to do?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 02:21 AM   #1

Default Missing CD to a game, what to do?

Hi,

I went to grab my GK3 discs so I can go back to it since I got stuck in it from 7 years ago and it seems that the first CD is missing. Do Sierra send out replacement CDs if you own the game like they did with their floppies or am I at a loss now?

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:27 AM   #2
tsa
Playing character

You have to either find the game in the shop (it sells very cheap, if you can find it) or get someone to give you a copy of the CD.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:15 AM   #3

Finding that here in Aus might be very hard. It is quite depressing since spent a lot of money on the original.

I've got like 1m cds all over the place and pc's and who knows might of left it in a CD drive or someone elses CD drive. Grrr!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:51 PM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to Spikey Send a message via AIM to Spikey Send a message via MSN to Spikey

I'm in Australia, and I can say GK3 is probably the most common game to find on Oz eBay Usually goes for about 15 bucks.

As for Sierra, they no longer exist, except as a brand name of Vivendi Universal. Everyone's gone.

- Spike
Old 08-23-2007, 02:23 AM   #5
I changed my title

What a coincidence! I've recently found out I'm missing a CD from my own copy of GK3.
I think it's the third CD (the game isn't with me so I can't check). The person who I sent the game to is helping me buy a new copy of the game.

What I'm saying is - if everything goes well and you're willing to wait a few weeks, I may be able to send you the missing CD.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:50 AM   #6

Thanks a lot Shany but guess what? I actually found it but thanks a lot for your offer.

However trying to get GK2 installed on XP as I might play it first. I didnt like it when I first tried it many many years ago but might play through that first. Also interested in maybe giving Broken Sword 1 or MI4 a go. Oh so many games and not enough time.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #7
I changed my title

Glad you found it!
Old 08-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
Super Moderator

I think that's the secret. The minute you make your dilemma public, the missing thing turns up.