You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Best Adventure Games of All Time Article at Gamesr0x

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #1
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey
Default Best Adventure Games of All Time Article at Gamesr0x

Sorry for the slightly awkward title there. Anyway, I was browsing Teh Intarweb™, and I stumbled across one of those "Best Adventure Games of All Time" lists. I thought you might enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamesr0x
King's Quest. Monkey Island. Grim Fandango. Names that, for many of us, will conjure up memories of the "good old" days of PC gaming, when the humble adventure ruled supreme. But as we dusted off our old 486 the other day (look it up, kids) for another playthrough of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, we got into a bit of an argument here at Gamesr0x. We just couldn't agree on what the best adventure game of all time was.

So... we did some thinking. Some playing. And even a bit of coin-flipping. And here, in this very article, we're going to tell you what we think are the best adventure games of all time. From the golden oldies, that will have you basking in nostalgia, to the cream of the current crop, if it's worth playing it's probably here. And you owe it to yourself to play all of them.

Without further ado...
The actual article is pretty good, in my opinion (and surprisingly well written for a site that I'd never heard of), but it has a few oddities. They try to rank the games at the end, and I'm really not sure about the results. Syberia in the top ten? King's Quest V above VI? And this at number one?

Actually, I can kind of see how that last one might work. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
And this at number one?
*looks at calendar*

Oh, so it is the 18th again.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 08-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
Adventure Newbie

Do you have the link to the list?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
Retired Buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggleRock View Post
Do you have the link to the list?
You have much to learn about the ways of our cult, young one.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #5
Adventure Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine View Post
You have much to learn about the ways of our cult, young one.
Heh, I knew I was missing something.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #6
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

It's The Dayâ„¢ again!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.