You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure How do you like overclocked?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 02:13 AM   #1
3rd person fanatic :)

Default How do you like overclocked?

Hi adventuregamers!

This is my first thread here. I searched the forum, but couldn't find topic about Overclocked. What are your expectations?

Seems good to me so far, though there were 2 things, that annoyed me in the screenshots:

1. The game was bit too dark (at least the screenshots didn't include any bright daytime screens) and
2. The inventory items were black and white! Is that really the case in the finished version too? I hope not.

And hopefully they have fixed the horrible camera-changes and path-finding problems that The Moment Of Silence had.

Aside from those 2 things, a game from house of tales is definetly deeply detailed in character developement (like the moment of silence) and well written. Tell me your feelings about that game, dear colleagues

Last edited by MoonBird; 08-16-2007 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

For those that haven't heard of it here is an article on our main site and this is the website for the game.

Can't say I'd heard of it (which is embarassing with us having an article on it and all ) Had a quick look at the website but I got a lot of stuff in German (voices and the trailer. text was in English) despite being sure I'd hit the right language link. The screenshots do look a bit dark but I think they produce a nice atmosphere

Haven't played Moment of Silence but abrupt camera changes in a game can be a pain. I guess we will have to wait and see on this one.

Congratulations on your first thread. Also thanks for looking for one first. Saves merging when people do that.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #3

Overclocked is on my "must-buy" list. I never finished Moment of Silence though. Too much walking around (plus bad path finding) finally drained the enthusiasm i had for the story and atmosphere so i stopped somewhere in the middle.

The website has just launched. The music on there is really great, the trailer is well done, the story seems intriguing, dark and atmospheric. However, i haven't been that impressed by the screenshots yet (they don't seem to have improved since Moment of silence). But i've got a feeling that this game isn't really about fancy graphics, but all about story, characters and atmosphere. And it's a bit too early to make a final judgement about the screens.

Does anybody know when it will be released in europe (english version).
Old 08-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #4

hope it will be better than tmos. it had some seriously annoying, though easily fixable problems. but what's wrong with a b&w inventory?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
Hopeful skeptic

The screenshots don't do the in-game graphics much justice. I was really impressed by them, and that was over a year ago at E3. There's a full preview here for those who missed it originally. (Different link than stepurhan's above.)
Old 08-17-2007, 04:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbird
The inventory items were black and white! Is that really the case in the finished version too? I hope not.
Hi there, folks.

Just a quick note regarding the inventory colors: well, we DO have colored inventory items. In fact, they have millions of colors. Millions. Note to self: Add this as a feature list bullet point for the box!

The b&w impression is correct, though. The inventory is grayed out when it's not in use (it's being highlighted on mouse-over).

By the way, we're putting finishing touches on the German Release Candidate at the moment (phew...). We'll be at the Leipzig show with that version. If any of you happen to be there: come by, say hello, and take a glance at this (- as I hope and believe -) pretty interesting game.

Also, as a free bonus, watch me misbehave and yell at game journalists.

Martin
Old 08-17-2007, 06:50 AM   #7
capsized.

Nearing crunch time mode?

I'm really curious about this game, as it sounds like a pretty ambitious project, that's for sure!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam
Nearing crunch time mode?

I'm really curious about this game, as it sounds like a pretty ambitious project, that's for sure!
'Ambitious'? That's a nine-letter word. I don't use nine-letter words anymore. Out of principle*. They're vicious.

Well, except 'Ganteföhr'.

And 'Cigarette'.

I'd rather be brief and call it 'the most difficult* and nerve-wrecking thing to make since Darmstadtium'. At least in our perception.

Also, we're past the crunch. Thanks, God.

*Nine letters, replace with shorter or longer synonym.

Last edited by Martin Gantefoehr; 08-17-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #9

@Martin:

Any idea about when the game is released in the rest of europe (english-spoken version)?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Gantefoehr View Post
'Ambitious'? That's a nine-letter word. I don't use nine-letter words anymore. Out of principle*. They're vicious.

Well, except 'Ganteföhr'.

And 'Cigarette'.
And Margarita?

The game website is pretty schnazzy (and I need to knock the rust off my high school German-if that's even possible).

I'm definitely looking forward to the game as well. Woo!
Old 08-18-2007, 06:56 AM   #11
Chicken with a bite

Um. I'm a game journalist, of sorts, and I would like to come by and play the game. But I'm a bit afraid now.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #12
Fulci lives

Martin Gantefoehr: Will there be a demo version of Overclocked?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:29 AM   #13
Freeware Co-ordinator

More importantly, will it be necessary to run your processor at higher than recommended speed to play it?

I'm assuming the German audio on the official site is due to the stage the game is at now. Is that right? Nice looking site though. Very distinctive feel to it with the electronic console surround and the way the transitions work.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloDiablo
Um. I'm a game journalist, of sorts, and I would like to come by and play the game. But I'm a bit afraid now.
Oh, you should be.

Just kidding. Come by and say hello! I'm actually nice! My therapist says I've made significant progress! Also, Silke, my personal PR assistant, is hot. Plus, she'll be feeding me Prozac all the time. So, uh, no worries. ( )

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamHam Chan
Will there be a demo version of Overclocked?
I don't know (yet). I think so, but the final say is up to our publisher. I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan
I'm assuming the German audio on the official site is due to the stage the game is at now. Is that right?
That's right. The German language game is 99.9% completed, and the voice on the site is Stephan Schwartz, who dubbed David McNamara for the German version. The English version is in the process of being localised. News on that will follow, as well as an English language voice navigation for the site, once the recordings are finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
Margarita?
No approval. Margarita is vicious.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #15
Chicken with a bite

Silke being "hot" is not going to help much as I am not a lesbian - I'll come by and say hello though
Old 08-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #16
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

lol. I came in here expecting Overclocked opinions. Woo! Lesbians! Let's go to Home Depot girl!
Old 08-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Psst. Let's get back to talking about the game/website.

I really liked the piano track on the site (as well as the screaming electric guitar in the short trailer as well. )
Old 08-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #18
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

I liked Moment of Silence so I expect this to be great!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollaDiabola
Silke being "hot" is not going to help much as I am not a lesbian
Ooops. In my defense, you really mislead me there, with a user name composite consisting of two masculine nouns!

Can't you people choose sensible user names, such as, um,
NotLesbianFemaleCathyParkerAge25PortlandOregon41We sthillDrive?

Last edited by Martin Gantefoehr; 08-19-2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Messed up just about everything
Old 08-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #20
Chicken with a bite

Blame LucasArts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA