You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure How do you like overclocked?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #21
Lazy Bee

I played The Moment of Silence some months ago and really enjoyed it. Just as Step, I hadn't heard about this game before but it looks very promising. The darker and grittier, the better in my book.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #22
Adventure-Corner.de Staff

Overclocked will be a great game. For myself, there is no doubt about it. Call me a prophet if you like.

Merely these mix&match puzzles (broken radio, broken power supply for the Lighthouse light) could get a little annoying if there are too many of them in the final release.

Some other thing: At the GC we saw a scene in which [del]Dave (or David?)[/del] David McNamara was in his(?) appartment. First I thought it's the appartment from The "Moment of Silence" but the missing Wide-Screen flat TV on the wall proved me wrong
Am I wrong or is the appartment strongly inspired by its predecessor?

Last edited by Malko; 08-27-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

I'm really excited about Overclocked, but my only concern is the system requirements. For some reason, I have a feeling they will be on the high side (for an adventure game). Guess I will have to wait and see.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:24 AM   #24

Looks great. A dark psychological thriller is my favourite genre. And with the navigation used in the previous one hopefully streamlined. Perfect.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:26 AM   #25
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Jack is right, the screenshots don't really do it justice. Overclocked has a cinematic quality to it that doesn't really come out in stills.

I checked out the game at Games Convention and was really intrigued by the narrative structure and the overall mood of the game. It's a very dark game, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you are into psychological thrillers you should definitely keep an eye on it.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:10 AM   #26
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813 View Post
I'm really excited about Overclocked, but my only concern is the system requirements. For some reason, I have a feeling they will be on the high side (for an adventure game). Guess I will have to wait and see.
I'm putting together a fairly reasonable new rig (4400+ Dual Core CPU, 1-2 gigs of RAM, 250 gigs HDD, a card in the Geforce8500 GT - Ati2600 range) to replace my pretty outdated current one (XP2200+, 768 megs RAM, a working 40 gigs HDD, a broken 40 gigs HDD, a 64 megs GF4ti 4200 graphics card) right now. Together with a pretty nice 19" TFT display, it wouldn't cost me all that much more than 500 bucks... Some prices, especially for RAM are that low at the moment, I can't them imagine getting any lower. 1 gigabyte goes for something like 35 Euros.

Er, any news about the system requirements anyway? Is this going to be a Vista exclusive? *joins poking*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
The darker and grittier, the better in my book.
You'd be absolutely FLOORED by our cellar.

Last edited by samIamsad; 08-28-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 AM   #27

English release date:

http://www.lighthouse-interactive.co...chk=gzI3a9GNM1

Q1 2008
Old 08-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #28
3rd person fanatic :)

Nice looking those new screens... but I'm bit concerned about the idea of six playable characters in the game... Surely House Of Tales is well known about deeply developed story and characters, but somehow it feels, that six different playable characters leaves it short to each of them...? On the other hand... if each character's journey is long enough, does it make the game too long? I think that the biggest challenge about deleloping this game is to make the story whole and interesting with so many playable characters around.

"I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream" (though good game it was...) was some kind of warning sign what happens if you put too many controllable characters in point & click game. It comes out short and uninspired and too "cut-to-pieces-like" (don't know other way to express that )

Last edited by MoonBird; 08-28-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #29

Wow the minimum requirements are pretty too much to be called minimum.
Houseoftales site says game being showed in GC2007, any site where one is previewing the game , will this site preview?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #30

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Quote:
Minimum System Requirements For Overclocked
- Microsoft Windows ME, 2000, XP, Vista®
- 2 Ghz Intel® Pentium® or AMD® Athlon™ processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 4x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
- Approx. 4.4 GB free hard disk space
- 256 MB Direct X9 video card (nVidia GeForce 5900+ or ATI 9800) with shader 2.0 support
- Dirext X 9.0c
- Dirext Sound Compatible Soundcard
I guess I have to put this game in my "pretend I never heard of it" file. No way I will be running this on my computer. That's unfortunate, as I loved The Moment of Silence.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:44 PM   #31
Hopeful skeptic

Publisher system specs tend to be a bit of a crapshoot before release, so I wouldn't count it out completely just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
Houseoftales site says game being showed in GC2007, any site where one is previewing the game , will this site preview?
We probably won't be previewing the game extensively, but we might get to some general impressions at some point. Aside from any new scenes shown this year, though, most of our last preview probably still applies. Same game, different year.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:56 AM   #32

So any idea about how good voiceacting will be?
I had no problems with quality of Moment of silence, i am expecting english VA in Overclocked to be similar in quality.

Quote:
I guess I have to put this game in my "pretend I never heard of it" file. No way I will be running this on my computer. That's unfortunate, as I loved The Moment of Silence.
Well , 2ghz i think is too much, i can live with 512 mb ram.
Bioshock requires same minumum req now.lol

HouseOfTales should consider the game to be released on nextgen, i dont think Wii will be ablke to handle it.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 AM   #33
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813 View Post
Mh, every piece of hardware listed is 4 years in age and older, regardless, don't worry, one day you'll likely own a rig that can run the game anyway! It's not like games would suddenly disappear in a black hole a week after their release or something.

Quote:
Bioshock requires same minumum req now.lol
Not true. It appears to be surprisingly well optimized (read: you can actually play it at very decent framerates while the game still looks fab if you meet the minimum specs), but this one needs a shader 3.0 GPU and at least twice the memory. One thing that might sound a little suspicious, for the lack of a better term, is that something like Bioshock's running in full-time 3D, calculating AIs, physics, whathaveyou a plenty while doing so, while Overclocked, for all I know, does not. Not to that extent anyway. And yet the CPUs required to play the game don't appear that far off from each other. This definitely is a little shortsighted a comparison anyway, and for anyone who understands German, I recommend watching this nice developer interview, after which it should be clear that even if the developers are utilizing 2D pre-rendered backdrops, they're aiming for far more than static imagery. Things like that are bound to need ressources.

Plus, it's really not just your CPU that makes a system. Far from that. And: It's 2007. I predict that there will be very little games that demand a CPU below the 2Ghz mark in less than no time. I mean, these thingamabobs were first introduced six years ago... and the clock is ticking.

Last edited by samIamsad; 08-30-2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:40 AM   #34

Hmmm. I'll check back with dtp about this.

What I can say is that those specs are a lot higher than what I've seen in the last revision of the manual -- which I wrote, and dtp revised. There might have been a misunderstanding with Lighthouse. Those specs sound more like the recommended specs.

As an unofficial remark, I have a notebook with a Pentium 1.5 G Mobility chip that runs the game just fine.

Right. I'll try to clear this up and will be back with updates as soon as I've got them.

Last edited by Martin Gantefoehr; 08-30-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:29 AM   #35

Yeah, I hope that a 1.6 GHz Dualcore Laptop would be enough!?
I bought it just some months ago!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #36

Same here , 1.8 ghz ,with shader 2 support + 512 ram. I want this game to work, love psycho thrillers and can't miss this one.

Hey Martin , great job on Momentofsilence, the writing,script and whole integration of plot,story,environments is just awesome. I finished the game 2 days back. Even after so many nextgen games i have finished , i would dare say the whole plot and depth in TMOS is better than Bioshock story.
I hope you are doing the story of Overclocked.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #37
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Gantefoehr View Post
Right. I'll try to clear this up and will be back with updates as soon as I've got them.
What about my Commodore 64?
Old 08-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
What about my Commodore 64?
Well, the memory should suffice to display some of the cursor images, so that's a start.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #39
Writer-Designer

Seriously, Martin, I hope that it plays on my 2GHz machine or I'm going to cry. I'm so intrigued after seeing it at GC.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Seriously, Martin, I hope that it plays on my 2GHz machine or I'm going to cry.
I can assure you that the minimum specs are LOWER than that.

I could easily post what WE suggest as Min and Recommended System Equipment. I'm only holding it in because I don't want to step on anyone's toes and add further to the confusion publicising yet another set of non-final specs (setting the official specs is up to dtp).

I've emailed our producer about it. Final (--and, hopefully, anti-depressant --) information should be available soon.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomandsoul
i would dare say the whole plot and depth in TMOS is better than Bioshock story.
So... Bioshock has a story?

Martin

Seriously though, I tried to dowload the Bioshock demo a couple of days ago, to the above-mentioned notebook of mine, and guess what? Bioshock does NOT run on this machine.

Last edited by Martin Gantefoehr; 08-30-2007 at 11:09 AM.