You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure A New Beginning (a new game!)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #61
The 'Mighty Dragon'

I hadn't heard about this until today, but it's on my Amazon wishlist now.

Looks pretty good!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #62

Hello Fien, i had my first crash at the end of chapter 3 - but i found a solution at Adventure-Treff (some guy postetd it and it worked).
I like the story, it's getting more and more interesting. I love the music (my game came with an extra soundtrack cd) and the puzzles are ok for me. I like to play more, but i have to get up early tomorrow ... Can't wait for next weekend!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:13 AM   #63
Senior *female* member

Good to know there are solutions to the bugs, seagul.

My copy arrived yesterday. I was so thrilled, after I played TWW and Edna Daedalic became my favorite new developer! But... I couldn't even start the game. When the Daedalic logo fades, the game freezes and I get an error message about ANB.exe. Updated my driver, disabled virusscanner. Nothing.

EDIT: I got the game to work more or less, thanks to a helpful poster at the Daedalic forums. But immediately I ran into serious sound problems. So without much hope I installed it on a much older computer, as a last resort, and lo and behold! Amazing. The game is slow, but it works fine now. Knock on wood. I'm having fun.

Last edited by Fien; 10-13-2010 at 05:10 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:37 AM   #64
M-E

I got myself a copy too, even though it's in German. I never played a game in German before, so this will be quite a challenge for me. Only watched the intro and I must say that i understand most of it, but at times I'm probably required to understand specific words to advance in the game, am I right?
I guess I'll just have to play with a dictionary next to me, like I did with English games when I was a lot younger.

Edit: Wow, this game is epic. I'm loving the whole comic presentation and the story so far.

Last edited by M-E; 10-13-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:14 AM   #65
Senior *female* member

Okay, I've finally had it with this game. I put up with the loooooooong loading times and the increasing number of crashes. Last night I had a crash every five minutes or so. Lovely. And then the game crashed at the exact same spot three times in a row. So I went to the technical forum of Daedalic. Saves available. But saves corrupted or something. And after six weeks still no patch for the frequent problems that so many people experience.

Enough is enough. I don't feel like ever playing it again, even if Daedalic sees fit to provide a patch that actually works. No doubt someone will provide a youtube walkthrough some day and I will know how it ends.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:28 AM   #66

Acutally, you can see it already, - go here

Ashame to hear it though, Daedalic looks like is on a rise. Maybe if you try save games from some other source.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #67
Senior *female* member

I'm at the last part of chapter six and I don't think there are already videos of the later chapers. But thanks for the link, I'll check it from time to time.

No more saves from other sources for me. I've already tried so much to get the game working properly, it's a real joy-killer.

I'm gonna play Gray Matter instead.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:06 AM   #68

Yeah i know what you mean. I'm currently playing Still Life 2 and it's quite the similar situation, couple of times already i was thinking of putting it aside and watch the rest on youtube. Only somewhat interesting story and puzzles keep me playing.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:30 AM   #69

Anyone know why the English version of this keeps getting delayed? First it was an April release, then it was supposed to be this Friday, and now I discover it's been pushed back to early June.

Maybe they've ironed out the bugs Fien mentioned; I hope so, I'm quite looking forward to this. Guess I'll just HAVE to buy LA Noire to fill the gap, what a shame...
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #70
Senior Automaton

I really want to play this game along with Alpha Polaris but neither have been translated. Lucky Germans getting everything early!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #71

where did you read it that it's pushed to early June?
was it from amazon?because they are known to be inaccurate about these things.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
where did you read it that it's pushed to early June?
was it from amazon?because they are known to be inaccurate about these things.
Amazon's listing is June 3rd. The shop I ordered it from (Bee.com) is also now June 3rd. Play.com is now June 3rd. And it's also on Lace Mamba's Facebook page!

With that said, rather excitingly, it appears the boxed edition is coming with a whole load of superfluous tat like a poster and a soundtrack CD. Not my cup of tea but given that it's only £15 I can hardly complain!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #73

damn.....it was the only good thing to anticipate this week and now it's out the window.....man....vinegar would leave a better aftertaste.at least it's a couple of weeks away.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #74

I really hope the upcoming North American release will include some bug fixes. Many reviews mentioned crashes to desktop in The Whispered World and Edna & Harvey as well. What's going on with the QA department at Daedalic? Sleeping on the job or what?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #75

There are a bunch of german realeses lately!
I want this game and The book of unwritten tales too!

I urgently need Gabriel's german dictionary from his bookshop!!!!!! (GK1) so I could understand at least some words cause I can't wait till June!!!!!!
Toooooo loooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #76
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

Bah. Let's hope it's june 3rd then! the last delay!
I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 05-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #77

me2......and it has already been too long.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:36 AM   #78

Hello fellow adventurers!

I'm the project leader/writer for Alpha Polaris and I just couldn't resist to hijack this threat, as I have good news to you, Oscar.

I don't know if A New Beginning is translated, but Alpha Polaris surely is. There will be an English release (with voices) in the 24th of May. If not anywhere else, it will be available from Turmoil Games own webstore.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #79

Is the game REALLY coming out tomorrow??? or is there another delay??? I just checked the site and there is till NO english demo available...

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis
Old 06-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther10 View Post
Is the game REALLY coming out tomorrow??? or is there another delay??? I just checked the site and there is till NO english demo available...
I don't know, honestly. My pre-order hasn't shipped out so I won't be getting it tomorrow. Lace Mamba's PR presence seem remarkably uninterested in the game, instead talking about reviews for their NEXT game coming out next week. I'll take a wander down the shops on my lunchbreak tomorrow and see if there are any copies on the shelves (I bought Whispered World on release date from my local Game so they MIGHT have New Beginning tomorrow).