You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure What adventure games have you replayed?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane
Default What adventure games have you replayed?

I don't know if there was already a topic like this, but late last night I was looking at the box of games sitting on my desk and right in front of all of the games was Blade Runner. I did this purposely because once I had finished it I thought it was such an excellent game that it deserved the honor of being on top. At the time I thought it was my favorite adventure game I had played yet. Last night looking at the game I had no doubts that I had played a lot of great games since I last played Blade Runner, but there really wasn't an adventure game I favorited more than it even after all this time. I also had remember that I never all the possible endings, so I decided to pop the sucker in.

BOOM, I was hooked again. I had promised not go to bed until I had finished this game because the atmosphere, graphics, music, voice acting, and gameplay all starting coming back to me. Except this time the story was a lot different. This one was surprisingly more action packed and it's amazing that so much of it could have been missed in a first playthrough. I was very happy to replay this one no doubt.

Do any of you have games that you love so much you replay it some times? The only other adventure games I have replayed was Broken Sword 1 for GBA and PC about 8 times all together (I had a lot of time back in the day), most of Day of the Tentacle (showing it off to a friend), and Riven (except actually my friend was playing it the second time. I told him he had to play it.)
Old 08-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #2

I've replayed pretty much all the adventures I've got. (I've even played Watchmaker twice! ) But some of my absolute favourites that I replay on a regular basis are Grim Fandango, Gabriel Knight 3 (and have seen new content almost every time that I had missed before...) and The Longest Journey.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:25 AM   #3
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I just replayed Gabriel Knight 3 (with the points list, I can't believe how many I missed the first time! ), during my sister's Da Vinci Code phase. Most of my games have been replayed at least once, but there are a few I won't ever touch again! The only games I regularly replay include The Longest Journey, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Riven and of course Grim Fandango (always on November 1st to coincide with the Day of the Dead).

I played Blade Runner at least a half dozen times in order to see some of the other endings (depending on 'Is he or isn't he?' 'To shoot or not to shoot?' etc.). Hmm, maybe it's time for another replay!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:51 AM   #4
handsome

None.

(imo) What's the point of doing the same puzzles all over again ? And the story, even if theres multiple endings, 90% of the storyline will be the same...(except for the new end, of course).

Last edited by TiAgUh; 08-03-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
Look behind you!

The only games that I've replayed are The Curse of Monkey Island (twice), Day of the Tentacle (twice), and Grim Fandango like 4 times. I'll probably replay all my adventure games eventually.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #6

I played King's Quest VI several times, because it has different endings, depending on which path you take, and things that you do or don't do early on in the game have an impact later on. In fact, I've replayed all the King's Quest games at least a couple of times, except for Mask of Eternity, which I've played through probably 8 times total.
All the Gabriel Knight games I've played at least 3 times, with the last one being more like 5 or 6 times. I might play through those again, in anticipation of Gray Matter being released. I've played all the Monkey Island games twice, and am looking forward to playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis for the second time, along with Day of the Tentacle for the 2nd time.
I started to play Broken Sword 3 for the second time, and got bored with it after an hour or so, but maybe I'll give it another go sometime.
I wouldn't mind playing Scratches: The Directors Cut, even though I've already completed regular Scratches.
At some point I'd also like to replay The Longest Journey, although I have no real interest right now in replaying Dreamfall and going through the combat and sneaking around parts of the game.
If I could get Leisure Suit Larry 7 to work on my XP machine, I'd play through that one again.
Possibly The Black Mirror would merit another play, seeing how a sequel is in the works.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #7

Curse of Monkey Island, King's Quest (remakes) 1 through 3, KQ (original) 5 and 6, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, Grim Fandango, and The Longest Journey. I couldn't tell you how many times for each, I haven't kept track. And there's probably a few in there I missed.

I like replaying my old favourites. It's like re-reading a beloved book or re-watching a good movie.

...Dang. Now I've got a craving to play Grim Fandango again. I'll have to figure out how to get it to run on my computer.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #8

I've replayed nearly all the adventure games I have at least once. I do it often. What else can you do if there aren't many good new adventure games coming out? I've probably replayed The Longest Journey the most at like 8 or 9 times now.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #9
Ronin

I never replay games that I have finished. On a few occasions, I have restarted games from the beginning after coming back to them years later, but I don't think that counts.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #10
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwapitm View Post
What else can you do if there aren't many good new adventure games coming out?
Not playing. Do another thing...
Old 08-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #11

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

Replayed Broken Sword 1 and 2, The Longest Journey, Gabriel Knight 1 and 2, and Syberia. I replayed Syberia because I got hold of the PC deluxe edition with both games and wanted to recap the story.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #12

I replay most of the games I played (well... the ones I liked anyway.) I must say, though, that the most replayed game in my possession is without a contest: The Pandora Directive! I must have played this sucker at least 30 times. No exagerations, I swear!
Old 08-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #13

I have replayed 7th Guest, 11th Hour, and Shivers, each twice...three of my all time favorites.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #14

Full Throttle and Kings Quest 5 are probably the two that I've replayed the most.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 08-03-2007, 07:14 PM   #15
The Major Grubert.

I've replayed the first 3 Myst games once, but there are many others that I'm looking forward to replaying. Syberia is tops on that list. However, I went on a binge awhile back and spent months cruising used game sellers and amassed a large stack of games that I'm still working through.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #16
Lost.

I've ended up replaying all the AGs I personally own, but the one I make sure to replay often is Curse of Monkey Island. I open it up whenever I forget all the jokes (which is like every 2 years).
Old 08-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #17
Super Moderator

I've replayed quite a few of mine (some of which I won't mention for fear of laughter from the crowds). Even though I know a lot of the puzzles, sometimes it's comforting to play something familiar (esp. when you're not in the mood to figure out puzzles) and you can notice things you may have missed before.

The Longest Journey
Syberia I & II
Dark Fall 1 and 2
The Black Mirror
The Omega Stone
Conspiracies
more...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:28 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Mikeynuts

Like a good book, I only replay the games that have an engaging and *UNIQUE* story. In other words, only the three Gabriel Knight games. (IMO...)
Old 08-04-2007, 02:47 AM   #19
The Quiet One

Yep, i replay my games, especially the ones i love the most. I can't be doing with playing a game, completing it and then getting rid of it - never to touch it again. I just know that if i get rid of 'em afterwards then in years time i'll want 'em again to replay and i'll probably have a bitch of a time trying to find 'em.

I've lost count how many times i've played Broken Sword 1-3 (esp. 1). 1 is THE game that i replay the most. Others are (and would be):

Monkey Island 1-4
The Longest Journey
Simon the Sorcerer 1-2
Titanic: Adventure Out of Time
Discworld 1-3
Syberia 1-2
Gabriel Knight 1-3
Still Life
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

There are others but i can't think at the mo.

Grim Fandango, Sam & Max Hit the Road and Day of the Tentacle need more attention. I've only done GF and S&M once and i still ain't touched DOTT.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 08-04-2007, 05:54 AM   #20

Played more than once:

Beavis & Butthead in Virtual Stupidity
Monkey Island 1-3 (many times)
Dig, The
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
Both Indiana Jones games (many times)
Leisure Suit Larry 6
Quest For Glory series (many times)

I'd like to replay Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, King's Quest 6, Monkey Island 4... maybe a few others... but given I've only played through 60 adventure games, and I've got a list of another 60+ I want to play... well, it's hard to justify replaying anything nowadays with so many NEW things to try.