You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure For our UK residents....a bargain?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 07:53 AM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon
Default For our UK residents....a bargain?

Now, I'm not a spambot, but I was not too long ago pondering whether to get In Memoriam. As a game it seems to get mixed reviews, but I was in my local Poundland today.

For those that don't know, Poundland is a chain of stores that sell stuff for ... you guessed it a pound. While you can get a lot of rubbish there, there's some decent stuff as well if you're in in the right time. For one, In Memoriam just now is being sold there for one pound.

So I've bought it, and if its not up to much, well....not much lost. If anyone doesn't have it and wants another adventure, you know where to go.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
Now, I'm not a spambot, but I was not too long ago pondering whether to get In Memoriam. As a game it seems to get mixed reviews, but I was in my local Poundland today.

For those that don't know, Poundland is a chain of stores that sell stuff for ... you guessed it a pound. While you can get a lot of rubbish there, there's some decent stuff as well if you're in in the right time. For one, In Memoriam just now is being sold there for one pound.

So I've bought it, and if its not up to much, well....not much lost. If anyone doesn't have it and wants another adventure, you know where to go.
Let us know if it's any good or not. My pounds are very valuable to me at the moment!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
Now, I'm not a spambot,
The lady doth protest too much!
You're a very reserved Spambot if you are one, after 1 pound.
Let us know if it's any cop!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Here's the review.

I don't think it's necessarily the future of adventure games but it is a very unique game (it's cool to have those) and I had fun with it. There are some of the puzzles that are like mini games/arcade type games and I had fun with those as well.

Also, here are some help threads. There is a link to some patches in there and some have had trouble with the websites and registration but it's definitely worth a try.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:26 AM   #5

I remember *nearly* going for it on eBay a few months ago for about £10 or £12. So if it's nearly worth a tenner, it's got to be worth a pound!

Here's the sad part -- there's not a Poundland around here. If I send you a couple of quid, could you pick me up a copy??? Pretty please?
Old 07-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I liked it a lot when I played it ages ago. It pains me that they never released the expansion pack or sequel in the UK, even if some of the arcade sections were needlessly awkward.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #7

I'd say it's worth ten times that. Definately a bargain. I enjoyed it immensely at least. A very original and entertaining game. Only downside I can remember was when I searched the net for clues, often walkthrough pages for the game would pop up in the list, which was a bit annoying, but I learned to ignore it.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #8
Sar

A walk through that works http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcIi/InMemoriam/inmem.htm
Old 07-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #9

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davies View Post
I remember *nearly* going for it on eBay a few months ago for about £10 or £12. So if it's nearly worth a tenner, it's got to be worth a pound!

Here's the sad part -- there's not a Poundland around here. If I send you a couple of quid, could you pick me up a copy??? Pretty please?
I'll pop in when I'm next in and pick up one if there's any left, they had a fair pile of them.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #10

Ooh! If you manage it, do let me know how much the postage and so on will be. (Thinks: As if I really needed any more games. Oh well...)

The only thing our local everything-a-pound shop has that's worth buying is some nice biscuits.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #11

Now I'm getting into the spambot business! I'm going to let my bots begin by saying; "Now, I'm not a spambot"

Great business opportunity!