You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Art of Murder: FBI Confidential - Polish Adventure Game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #1

Default Art of Murder: FBI Confidential - Polish Adventure Game

The same people who are responsible for Art of Murder: FBI Confidential eariel made the Schizm and Sentinel.

First screens from this game you can find here: http://www.przygodowki.pl/modules.ph...file=cat&id=23

Quote:
The player takes on the role of an FBI agent, whose task is to solve a series of macabre murders of wealthy, well-to-do citizens. The victims are killed with an unknown device, and the murderer removes their hearts afterwards. The adventure begins in New York, but the clues will lead the player to, among others, the Peruvian city of Cusco – the ancient capitol of the Inca empire, and the verge of the Amazon jungle.

"Art of Murder is the first City title which aspires to win a place among the best adventure games in the world, " says Marek Tyminski, CEO of City Interactive.

Schedule for release late 2007, Art of Murder: FBI Confidential is a title intended especially for fans of adventure games, who enjoy the unsettling, dark atmosphere of thriller movies. http://www.worthplaying.com
Old 07-05-2007, 07:24 AM   #2

looks like Still Life meets Undercover. I'll be looking forward to this one

Remember: "You can pick your Friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose."
Old 07-05-2007, 07:57 AM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

Damn, looks very nice and quite interesting from what little we see there.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:17 PM   #4

there's early hands-on preview at GryOnline (biggest PC games portal) of it. Here's a short summary

-the game is developed by people from Detalion (Schizm, Chameleon). It's the first non-budget project of City Interactive(they have been doing awful, low budget shooters so far), so they putting a lot of hopes behind it
-most likely it will be released this year
-reminds of Still Life. First level is meeting with your FBI coleague, inside old, Se7en-like building where murder was commited
-classic point and click adventure, pre-rendered 2D backgrounds, 3D characters.
-magnifying glass icon. SImiliar to Moment of Silence. click on it and it will light up "places of interest"
-trying to satisfy less experienced adventure gamers with hint system. If you click couple times on place where you have to do something, the heroine will start giving hints (more and more complete with each click)
-the puzzles are logical and don't require exact sequence of actions to perform (example..putting film in viewer and then turning the power on, you can do it backwards (first power, then film))
-no action elements
-you will be able to die in some cases (example : you get captures and tied to a chair, on the table there is a tool that will let you cut the rope, but you have to jump to it with the chair, the problem is that some parts of the floor make squeeky noise, if you get it wrong the bad guys will put a bullet in your head)

Storyline: You play a your FBI agent: Nicole Bonnet. During your first field work a fellow FBI agent (James Scott) is killed and you join his partner : Nick, on their case. The case is about series of murders of wealthy citizens. All the victims (aside from the first one) had their hart removed. During the investigation it's revealed the crimes are linked to some Mayan rituals. And a knife used in such rituals was recently stolen from pre-Columbus art Museum. Mafia is also somehow involved in it.Nick belives this is some sort of conspiracy and that someone inside FBI is destroying the evidences. THe game will take place in various locations, from New York to Peru. There will be 200 "sceeens". Over 20 NPCs to talk to. All the voices were recorded in US studio (altough they have to redo the main character from scratch as they aren't satisfied with what was recorded so far)

some screens:

Last edited by AdrianWerner; 08-20-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:40 AM   #5

Default Art of murder

Looks like Stilll life
http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_...rtofmurder.wmv

Longest game ever?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:32 AM   #6
3rd person fanatic :)

This is looking good... Hope it has more interactive details than Still Life, which environment was pretty dull.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #7

Looks good, and does remind me of "Still Life" Im definately looking forward to it.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #8

Here you can find the demo of Art of Murder: FBI Confidential.

Below cover from polish release:

Old 12-04-2007, 01:33 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Is the demo in Polish?
Old 12-04-2007, 02:00 PM   #10
JKR

Awesome. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one. I'm not usually a fan of the gritty, crime type, but this looks really cool. And it's 3rd person, which is always a plus for me.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Is the demo in Polish?
English language with polish subtitles.

Damn makes me want to buy the game in polish lol, but I won't be able to read documents and such (since the texts are all in polish)
Old 12-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #12

Btw, will this game be released in English: that is, voice-overs and subs in English?
Old 12-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifiel View Post
Btw, will this game be released in English: that is, voice-overs and subs in English?
Unknown at the moment as far as I know. The thing with games coming out of Poland and Russia, for example, is the poor track record they have of finding publishers for the English market. The developers would probably like to release it in N. America and the English market for Europe but finding a publisher can be difficult.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #14

Thankfully the character models look stylish too. I could be up for this, even though it's usually not my kind of game.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #15
Caffein Queen

Excuse me, but how come these screenshots have english subtitles, if it's not out in an english version yet?

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 12-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #16

Perhaps the Polish version has a multiple language subtitles option?

Either that or even the Polish version is in English. It's not unknown for non-native English countries to make games primarily for English regions.

EDIT:

Come to think of it I'd prefer a version that is spoken in Polish and has English subtitles.

For some reason it always feels more authentic to me. Playing the game like it's really meant to be.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:08 AM   #17
King Silly

The game looks very promising judging from screenshots. Whole theme appeals to me a lot. Can't wait to play it...

So many good adventures coming these days, I'm feeling so grateful.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

Any news about the release ?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #19

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Here in Italy the game just arrived on shelves.

I think that, if it's out in Italy, it must be out also in other countries here in Europe
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #20
Fulci lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Here in Italy the game just arrived on shelves.

I think that, if it's out in Italy, it must be out also in other countries here in Europe
Is the game in English or Italian?
Also, please tell us if the game is any good.