You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 03:45 AM   #1
Easily amused

Default Rhem 3

This was posted at GB:
Quote:
The Saga continues

The adventures on Rhem will soon continue. Key game developer Knut Mueller is currently putting the finishing touches to the latest part of the saga about the brothers Kales and Zetais. "Rhem 3: The Secret Library" will be released for Mac and Windows in the fall this year.

Description:
"Rhem3: The Secret Library" continues the story from its two predecessors "Rhem" and "Rhem 2: The Cave", but can of course also be played without having played the previous two titles. Your task is to once again help the brothers Kales and Zetais to discover a new part of their fascinating world. After you have found a letter from Zetais with instructions you start the journey to Rhem once again...

On your arrival you meet Kales who has discovered that a mysterious artefact, a black gem, is hidden somewhere on Rhem. Because the doorway must be opened by two persons but remains open just long enough for only one person to slip through, you are the only one accessing this new part of the island. Again, on your own you must uncover these new secrets of Rhem.

You will soon find out that the mysterious black gem is not the only mystery on Rhem. You will discover new passages to unknown but also to familiar and well-known places on Rhem. To find the black gem you must for one uncover the hints hidden in the secret library. But you will also need the help of some other characters to solve all the mysterious of Rhem. Some of these characters, like the redcapped Cavemen, you already met in "Rhem 2". But this time they will ask something of you in return for their help.

" Rhem 3: The Secret Library" sets you into a huge, fantastic world full of strange vehicles and buildings, unknown mechanisms and machines, secret passages and doorways. Adventuresomeness, logic, attentivness and the ability to solve engimas will help the player to slowly but surely unveil the mystery of this new adventure on Rhem. Everywhere on Rhem you can find hints and solutions that will help you to unveil some of the strange enigmas and puzzles in Rhem 3. And remember, finding the black gem can be the final discovery in Rhem 3, but it must not be...

Features:
- a fascinating world full of mindbending mysteries and puzzles
- many hidden rooms and secret passages are waiting for you
- atmospheric sound and music with stereo environment sound
- non violent, non linear gameplay
- available for Mac and PC
Old 07-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
Ronin

Thank God for Knut Mueller! While the vast majority of new adventure games jettison puzzles in favor of action/stealth/fighting and ponderous storytelling, Herr Mueller continues to craft his exquisite worlds of logic puzzles. He is charging in the opposite direction of all the current trends. He is a renegade genius, and I'll be counting down the days to release of RHEM 3.

Hooray for Knut!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
Easily amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm View Post
Thank God for Knut Mueller! While the vast majority of new adventure games jettison puzzles in favor of action/stealth/fighting and ponderous storytelling, Herr Mueller continues to craft his exquisite worlds of logic puzzles. He is charging in the opposite direction of all the current trends. He is a renegade genius, and I'll be counting down the days to release of RHEM 3.

Hooray for Knut!
I posted this with you in mind .
Old 07-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
The Major Grubert.

I'll say it: I played and loved REHM, but so far cannot finish REHM II. It's just too hard for me.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:42 AM   #5
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by colpet View Post
I posted this with you in mind .
Thanks! Always happy to dispell the misconception here that I hate all adventure games. I only hate adventure games that don't have good puzzles!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #6
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm View Post
Thanks! Always happy to dispell the misconception here that I hate all adventure games. I only hate adventure games that don't have good puzzles!
Isn't it amazing that people who hate Rhem feel the same way...

(No, I don't hate Rhem.)
Old 10-30-2007, 05:20 AM   #7
Hot 'n Spicy

I heard that it was released to retail on Friday (26th October)!

Has anyone got this yet?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #8
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris Pandry View Post
I heard that it was released to retail on Friday (26th October)!

Has anyone got this yet?
I ordered it as soon as it was released. It hasn't arrived yet, which is a good thing because I'm still having a great time with a totally different adventure: Overclocked (in German). I love Knut Mueller's logical puzzles, but I also love immersive stories.