You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2004, 12:43 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabin
A few words of wisdom from Fugazi:
Interesting poem. What do you think he was trying to say?
Old 02-11-2004, 12:52 PM   #42
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireside
Interesting poem. What do you think he was trying to say?
Although I'm not sure as to what the intention of the song's lyrics directly are, I thought it addresses the idea of how when people disagree, often the status quo jumps all over them. For example, bastich disagreed with what everyone else said, even if it was pretty aggressively one-sided, and people flamed him. But at the same time, I think the song could comment on how if people argue in the forum, I don't think it necessarily means that the world is coming to an end. People have their opinions and oftentimes, they are going to say them. Why do we have to always go out of our way to be extremely passive about everything? Disagree! It's fun! Except, don't take it too seriously. Draw the line, move on, and try to be productive about talking about AGs.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:57 PM   #43
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

Bitching about who flamed who isn't going to help the situation any. It's going to make people more defensive. So get over it and talk game interfaces. Personally, I like the mouse and point and click, but I didn't mind the Grim Fandango keyboard route either. Eventually, I'm sure I'll be arthritic and my fingers won't work and I'll become paralyzed from the downsides of clicking and pressing keyboard buttons, but until that point, give me good stories and good puzzles!
Old 02-11-2004, 12:59 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabin
People have their opinions and oftentimes, they are going to say them. Why do we have to always go out of our way to be extremely passive about everything? Disagree! It's fun! Except, don't take it too seriously. Draw the line, move on, and try to be productive about talking about AGs.
I agree 100%, can't even "argue".
Old 02-11-2004, 05:30 PM   #45
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireside
You have to remember and keep in mind that that certain someone has no sense of humor or irony whatsoever.

That statement is opinion. It can never be fact.
Ok, you're right. Please allow me to paraphrase: it is not a fact, it is a natural law. Basing my conclusion on a careful analysis of extensive, far-reaching data (there was also an ample control group) I created a postulate. The postulate has been tested repeatedly by not simply me but many other people who have confirmed my finding. Since it is nigh infallible (as infallible as, say, the laws of electron motion in a magnetic field), that statement is nothing less than a natural law.
Spoiler:
Blow me.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:05 PM   #46
Friendly Server Admin

Alright, that's it. This thread isn't going anywhere useful, and it's getting out of control.