You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure LucasArts classic adventure pack?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2004, 05:47 PM   #1

Default Lucas Arts classic adventure pack?

The pack I'm talking about is one with Loom, Zak McK, Maniac Mansion, Last Crusade, and Secret of Monkey Island.

What I'm wondering is how much it's most likely worth.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 02-10-2004, 07:14 PM   #2
Retirement is stupid

It's not worth as much as the five games individually, of course, because it doesn't include the five separate manuals. I would say you could fetch $50-$60 for it in good condition.

- Evan

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 02-10-2004, 09:22 PM   #3

Thanks Stinger.

I wonder why Lucas Arts doesn't sell theyre gaming packs these days.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 02-10-2004, 09:50 PM   #4
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco2.5
The pack I'm talking about is one with Loom, Zak McK, Maniac Mansion, Last Crusade, and Secret of Monkey Island.

What I'm wondering is how much it's most likely worth.
well I just bought a copy off Ebay for 36 bucks. So it's not worth THAT much. But then again, I've seen another copy go for about 120 bucks. The community drives the prices up and down and they're always fluctuating. Every once in a while you'll see something like Zak go for maybe 200 bucks only because some random person happened to come across the single game they loved to play way back when. I haven't seen the LucasArts classic adventures pack too much but it's definetely a good find! I'm happy to have found one!

Are you looking for a copy? I have an older copy if you'd like one.

As Stinger mentioned, they don't have the original manuals which is a bummer. But they are the full games.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:54 PM   #5

I have a copy of that.

They don't come with the manuals, but it comes with hint guides for all five games printed in one smallish book. Those were the first LucasArts games I ever played... Ah, the memories.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:14 PM   #6
gaybrush threepwoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshrill
I have a copy of that.

They don't come with the manuals, but it comes with hint guides for all five games printed in one smallish book. Those were the first LucasArts games I ever played... Ah, the memories.
hint guides?? But not the whole hintbooks you mean. The hint guides are just the simple walkthroughs of the first few moments of each game.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:49 PM   #7

How it works is that in the one book there's a section for each game, that has the manual and an entire walkthrough for the game. But the walkthroughs are written as a sort of story being told in the first person by the main character of the game.
- Jack Handey
Old 02-10-2004, 10:57 PM   #8
gaybrush threepwoody

Quote:
How it works is that in the one book there's a section for each game, that has the manual and an entire walkthrough for the game. But the walkthroughs are written as a sort of story being told in the first person by the main character of the game.
really?! wow. I have to go back and check now. I don't remember that at all!!!

<rummaging through closet...>
Old 02-12-2004, 10:46 AM   #9
rock star

Send a message via ICQ to myhrik Send a message via MSN to myhrik

I've got that one, and can confirm the walkthrough thingie. Actually, it was the first game box I ever bought!!! Ah, the memories...

"You've just gottta live with ushing the deadlies." -deadworm222
Old 05-17-2004, 05:45 PM   #10

Default Files to Disc #1 needed

Hello! I randomly found this forum and this topic and thought I would give this a shot.

I have the Lucasarts Classic Adventures set...and have had it for...wow...many years. I have lost the first disc! I would like to reinstall them to bring back the memories of those good ol' games.

Could someone please send me the files found on disc #1? I have #2-#7...but obviously I need the first one!

Thanks!

-Andrew
Old 05-17-2004, 06:17 PM   #11
Disciplined Breakdown

Sorry, not happening, that's illegal it is.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:11 PM   #12

I guess I should have figured that . Thanks man.

-Andrew
Old 05-18-2004, 08:36 AM   #13
Dr Uberman

Quote:
Thanks Stinger.

I wonder why Lucas Arts doesn't sell theyre gaming packs these days.
No-one plays adventures these days, remember?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:53 PM   #14

Oh yeah.

Bastards.
- Jack Handey
Old 11-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #15

Default bleh

I bought this pack back in 92... man.. unfortunatly.. after years of me owning it and taking good care of it (as I do with the things that are important to me) my stupid ex has missplaced the manual.. grrr. anyone have any idea if it's possible to get a digital replacement of the codes for both maniac mansion and zac mckraken?
<br>
as for bying this.. it goes for a fair bit (given the age of these disks) and can be really hard to find.. if anyone has a copy up for sale..(wishful thinking i know). still..
Old 11-15-2004, 02:03 PM   #16

The Classic Adventure manual doesn't come complete with the hint books, but it does include the "narration walkthroughs" from the hintbook. Also, a rather truncated version of the Grail Diary is in there, pretty much just including what you need.

Tis' a pity LucasArts discontinued it (despite it being extremely outdated); 'twas their best product.

Also, for the person who lost a disk and the one who lost the manual, you can get them replaced by LucasArts for a small fee (you may not even need proof of purchase so contact them first).