You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure IGN says: Support Adventure Gaming on the Wii

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #1

Default IGN says: Support Adventure Gaming on the Wii

Interesting article from IGN's site regarding Capcom's Zack & Wiki title.

Quote:
Buy Zack & Wiki Campaign 2007
Okay, you can't buy it yet, but maybe you can pre-order. And if not, you should at least start saving.
by Matt Casamassina

June 18, 2007 - Not since Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem on GameCube have we demanded that readers purchase a videogame, but the time has come (again) for us to take a stand. Capcom has a fantastic point-and-click puzzle-adventure on its hands. It's clever. It's difficult. It will make you think. It's also beautiful, perfectly capitalizing on Wii's strengths.

Unfortunately, it's got a stupid name. Formerly Project Treasure Island Z, now it's called Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure. Uh-huh, we know. Bad. Really, really bad. Meanwhile, unless you loved the style of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - and you should have - you probably won't find yourself wowed by the cel-shaded graphics forming the characters and worlds in Z&W. And there's no blood, F-bombs or dead hookers, either - all integral ingredients to today's most popular efforts.

But we're telling you, Zack & Wiki is fun. Really fun. Really smart. And really enjoyable. And we're not going to stop this campaign until you've pre-ordered it. Do it. Do it right now. What do you mean your local retailer isn't accepting pre-orders? That's no excuse for the truly dedicated. Start saving. Create a Zack & Wiki fund. And get on the message boards and spread the word. It's come down from the IGN Wii editors that Z&W (as those in the know call it) is the real deal and must be owned. As loyal Nintendo fans, you cannot disobey.

Don't know what Z&W is? Start here.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:18 AM   #2

Default Buy Zack & Wiki Campaign 2007

Has anyone else read about IGN's campaign to get people to pre-order the upcoming Wii adventure Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure?

The link is here.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
It's Hard To Be Humble

Looks cute. Dunno if it has the right conceptual and visual style for me, but I wish them success.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Everyone needs to see the video of this playing. It's absolutely nothing else but a point-and-click adventure game. Running on the Wii.

Awesome-tastic.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #5

How does it work with the Wii-mote?
Old 06-28-2007, 02:19 AM   #6
More slaw!!!

Unfortunately I see this game as being not-all too successful, seriously it's all about the name. People are going to look at it and say, "Kiddie game", "Some random kiddie IP". I'm definately getting this one, but I don't know who else will...
Old 06-28-2007, 05:44 AM   #7
El Luchador

Who cares? So what if only a select few get to enjoy the wonder that is point-n-click pirate adventures on Wii. But hey, times are a-changing. People aren't as concerned today with what's "kiddie" as they were before.

And it's got Capcom's name on it. That'll count for something, I'd think.

Nelza, you point. And click. The A button, I presume. Some of the puzzles require some motion, judging from the video. Like aiming this snake-like grabber to try and pick up a bone you can't reach normally.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #8
is not wierd

Don't know why this hasn't seen more action here. I would have thought it'd be a big deal that a major console is about to have a point-and-click adventure game. I'm excited anyways, even if I don't have a Wii at the moment.

Also, Zack & Wiki isn't that bad a name... better than Project Treasure Island Z, anyhow. Not really that kiddie, either, no moreso than Jak & Daxter or Monkey Island.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko View Post
Nelza, you point. And click. The A button, I presume. Some of the puzzles require some motion, judging from the video. Like aiming this snake-like grabber to try and pick up a bone you can't reach normally.
Sounds like fun! Are all the Wii Adventure Games like that?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:03 AM   #10
El Luchador

This is the only Wii Adventure Game, so far.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:02 PM   #11

This'll be a big hit, Wikis are all the rage these days! The kids love 'em