Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Last Half of Darkness: Beyond the Spirit's Eye RELEASED (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/19988-last-half-darkness-beyond-spirits-eye-released.html)

billy7777 06-05-2007 09:28 AM

Last Half of Darkness: Beyond the Spirit's Eye RELEASED

**************** Press Release************************

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Last Half of Darkness: Beyond the Spirit's Eye

San Diego, CA - June 5th, 2007. - WRF Studios today releases a new PC adventure for Windows®.

Captain Marcos has brought back an ancient blood stone from his last voyage to the dark isles of the Black Sea. The stone contains the Eye of Arcarous; a long since dead pirate who cursed the eye with the power of the dark world to help protect his treasure.

Unleashed through the excavation of the eye, it was not long before the dark "Guardians of the Eye" made their way through the gates of Shadowcrest and eventually to the doorstep of Marcos, where an infection was delivered and an entire town soon lost to the ghosts of the black world. With the bite of black magic flowing through his veins, Marcos slowly grew mad with a bloodthirsty hunger for the living. It was not long before stories of bodies found dead and drained of their blood filled the newspapers along with rumors of a "vampire" killer. It was official, the great explorer and captain was reduced to a vampiric-murderer with Shadowcrest his tomb. In the early stages, the captain tried to hide his insatiable appetite and even sought aid from his friend and doctor. His friend, Dr Benzors, tried to seek a cure for Marcos' tainted blood diseased, but found that the answer somehow was related with the bloodstone itself. He was not familiar with such magic and knew it would take more than science to rid the evil from his friend and this town.

The latest installment to the "Last Half of Darkness" story, the new title offers a spine-tingling story of terror, mysterious puzzles and bizarre imagery. Summoned once again to a world of voodoo and black magic, the player must explore a ghostly town of shadows and lore to solve the riddles of the darkness left behind.

Last Half of Darkness: Beyond the Spirit's Eye is developed by WRF Studios. Visit http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com to preview the trailer, download a small playable demo, view screen-shots, or read more information.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************

Thanks - I hope everyone enjoys the game!
William R Fisher III

Jacques l'aliéné 06-05-2007 10:30 AM

Yippeeee! Hope it's as good as the last (Last . . . . ;) !

Len Green 06-06-2007 02:45 PM

A REALLY EXCELLENT game without a doubt!

After beta-testing, it is a must, particularly for those who like 1st person horror games (There are oodles & oodles of shocks, horror clips, thrills, etc., etc.)

There are also very many puzzles. Several are easy and give you a good encouraging feeling when solving them… but not all are walkovers! At least a couple are quite hard and I needed a start-hint to continue & crack them! A very good mix !

N.B. I’m in the process of beta-testing 4 other games, all of which have been discussed to a greater or lesser extent on the various Quest/Adventure Forums.
They are in varying stages of development but I think all will be released at different times during 2007.
Each one is first class so there’s a very great deal to look forward to !!

Rasher 06-06-2007 11:14 PM

I'm ashamed to say that I've never heard of this series before, and I love andventure games and horror. What's up with that?

Are thee games download only? Do I have to activate the game on-line after purchase? How many games the series? I've downloaded the first one since it is freeware.

Periglo 06-07-2007 12:56 AM

"... the graves of a thousand monkeys set the eerie backdrop for a terrifying exploration ..."

Perhaps I've played too may Monkey Island games, but this sentence seemed quite funny to me.

Melanie68 06-07-2007 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasher (Post 417036)
I'm ashamed to say that I've never heard of this series before, and I love andventure games and horror. What's up with that?

Are thee games download only? Do I have to activate the game on-line after purchase? How many games the series? I've downloaded the first one since it is freeware.

At the developer's website, there are two other games in the series (Shadow of the Servants and Beyond the Spirit's Eye) that are boxed games that will be shipped.

Endosanity 06-07-2007 10:01 PM

I remember the uber ancient DOS versions of Last Half of Darkness. Had to turn the 'turbo' function off on my ol' 486 computer to make the game playable.

Don't mind me, just reminiscing. I'm sure these are great games just haven't tried the newer versions at all.