Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   cool adventure game fanart picture (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/19899-cool-adventure-game-fanart-picture.html)

guybrush_guy 05-27-2007 05:36 PM

cool adventure game fanart picture

hey guys, i found this cool picture. it goes into a lot of detail.

i have no idea what it says but it has a lot of adventure game fan art on it,
it's definatly worth a look!

http://dahr.ru/n_86b.htm

BerserkerTails 05-28-2007 12:09 AM

Brilliant picture. I've listed as many characters/games as I can, from left to right:

-Myst (Ship under logo)
-Duke Nukem and Serious Sam (Having beers)
-Main character from Syberia (Winding the clockwork mammoth)
-The poster is of Agent 47 from Hitman
-Sam and Max (Costumes)
-Max Payne and Niobe from Enter the Matrix (Having a bullet time showdown)
-Jade, Pey'j and what appears to be a pig from Duke Nukem 3d.
-Lemmings and The Humans (Both the same type of puzzle game)
-I believe the big cat is from Ringworld...
-Underneath is Solid Snake along with those soldier guys from those Top Down real time strategy games (Can't remember the name)
-Bomberman (Don't know the dwarf)
-Manny and the guy from the cover of Dungeon Keeper
-The guy from Painkiller shooting Kain, Bloodrayne, Sarge (From Army Men) and a bad guy from Painkiller
-Looks like a Swoop Bike form Star Wars
-Maybe a Zurg feeding the bird?
-Cloud, Aeris and Sephiroth
-Lex Luthor watering Kryptonite?!?
-Master Chief crashing a Warthog into another vehicle.
-Abe from Oddworld riding a mech from Mechassault, talking to Twinbee from Little Big Adventure
-Gordon Freeman
-Ben kicking the dude from GTA: Vice City
-Larry being fanned by Princess Daphne (Dargon's Lair), Lara Croft, the girl from No one Lives forever, and a couple other girls.
-A Cthulhu monster
-Baba Yaga, an Alien (X-Com UFO Defense?), Purple Tentacle, LeChuck
American McGee's Alice eating Pac-Man along with Pyramid Head (Silent Hill) and the bad guy from Eternal Darkness. Looks like Thief from the "Thief" games there too.
-Earthworm Jim with a sandworm head (From Dune maybe), and a Worm from the "Worms" games
-I can only recognize Mega Man and the red guy from the robot fight, though I can't remember the two games he was in.
-Decker from Blade Runner analyzing a Clone Trooper from Star Wars
-A human in a cargo loader holding apart an Alien and Predator.
-The guy from Quake 3 with a flag
-The main character from StarCraft Ghost, obviously disappointed because her game was cancelled
-Simon the Scorceror being followed by Rincewind's chest from Discworld.
-Roger Wilco cleaning up a mess, including what looks to be an Orc from Warcraft.
-Touche, the fifth Muskateer, on fire?
-The guy from Quake killing the final boss
-The main character of MDK hanging from the final boss of Quake
-Raziel (Legacy of Kain) talking with Darth Malak (Knights of the Old Republic)
-Someone scolding George and Nico (Who have just broken a sword... Get it?)
-Out of the bouncing heads I can recognize Rayman, Scorpion, the flaming heads from Doom and Doom 3, and is that Murray as well?
-Prince of Persia, in some spikes as usual
-Looks like Kratos (God of War) with the rat?
-The Cyberdemon from Doom
-And finally, in their cage, Lester and the "buddy" alien from "Another World/Out of this Worl"

Still lots of gaps, but all of that was without looking up anything... God, I need to play lees video games.

Jeysie 05-28-2007 12:41 AM

My own additions:

I think the woman in the very upper left corner holding the "Deidranna Rulez" t-shirts might be the villainess of the same name from Jagged Alliance 2.

Is that Brian and Gina from Runaway running from the guy with the machine gun near the Lemmings? That pink/purple dress looks familiar.

I wonder if the big cat is actually Hobbes from Wing Commander.

In the almost-bottom left, the guy in the blue outfit with yellow trim coming out of the grey wall with the signs on it is definitely the Vault Dweller from Fallout.

I do agree that's a right awesome pic. :D

Peace & Luv, Liz

DustyShinigami 05-28-2007 03:59 AM

Excellent fanart, pity it's not at 1024x768 pixels, i could have used it as a desktop wallpaper.

The barbarian with the large sword and gun is Tukaram from Severance: Blade of Darkness.

noknowncure 05-28-2007 04:45 AM

At the bottom, the Barbarian feeding the hamster - Minsc and Boo from Baldur's Gate.

The red haired, fetish woman to the left of LS Larry is a Dark Mistress from Dungeon Keeper

Is the detective by the Hitman 47 poster Lewton from Discworld Noir?

I assume the big Orang-utan is from Black and White - with Sims style green crystal above his head.

In the queue of villains the bloke with monocle is from Evil Genius. (Might not have name quite right.)

Bottom left hand corner, one of those irritating little beasts from Creatures, about to be attacked by a Splinter Cell equipped Beholder

Stroggy 05-28-2007 06:40 AM

"Lex Luthor watering Kryptonite?!?"
No, I think it's Kane from Command & Conquer watering Tiberium (the logo on his apron is the Nod-logo from C&C)

"Looks like Kratos (God of War) with the rat?"
More likely Minsc (Baldurs Gate) and his pet rat (or was it a mouse?)

BerserkerTails 05-28-2007 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stroggy (Post 414666)
"Lex Luthor watering Kryptonite?!?"
No, I think it's Kane from Command & Conquer watering Tiberium (the logo on his apron is the Nod-logo from C&C)

"Looks like Kratos (God of War) with the rat?"

See, I knew I wouldn't get them all right. Still, awesome pic.

Jadefalcon 05-28-2007 10:21 AM

The car that the Master Chiefs Warhog is crashing into is the car and driver from the Carmaggedon games.

Who can forget Rincewind and the Luggage near the bottom left.

I do believe the bike beneath Hobbes is from Full Throttle

Same row as the bike, but to the left, is that Cloud, Sephiroth and Aeris from Final Fantasy VII.

Also, would those three 'knights' with the water canister and hose be the 'Avatar' from the Ultima games?

WRMW 05-28-2007 11:17 AM

It kindof looks like Zoe from Dreamfall who's trying to hitchhike to Dublin. Not sure if it is, because I can't think what that's supposed to represent.

Kolzig 05-28-2007 12:35 PM

John Romero's head on a bloody pike is in the bottom left along with Rayman's head and the flying heads of Doom games. :)

Cool fan art, though it's also kind of frightening that I can recognize about 90% of the characters in that fan art... :crazy:

Phod 05-28-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRMW (Post 414729)
It kindof looks like Zoe from Dreamfall who's trying to hitchhike to Dublin. Not sure if it is, because I can't think what that's supposed to represent.

Yes, with April Ryan right next to her.

Gonchi 05-28-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stroggy (Post 414666)

Surely you mean miniature giant space hamster.

maladroid 05-28-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerserkerTails
-Someone scolding George and Nico (Who have just broken a sword... Get it?)

That's Prince Arthas from Warcraft III/ Frozen Throne and the sword appears to be the legendary Frostmourne, the blade that poisoned his mind and the one he now wields.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerserkerTails
-Out of the bouncing heads [...] is that Murray as well?

I believe it is Morte, the floating head companion of the Nameless One in Planescape: Torment.

The embarassed dancing fella with the ballerina costume on the top of the screen seems to be inspired from Sid Meier's Pirates!
Also, standing in the metal detector line is Malcolm, the -supposedely- evil jester from the Kyrandia games.

EDIT: The guys hovering above the Lemmings could be a reference to Ugh!, a pretty old arcade featuring a prehistoric cab driver.

Thought-provoking fanart, nicely put together. If only the text included was in English. Or maybe someone could humor us by translating? Mm?

BerserkerTails 05-28-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maladroid (Post 414774)
EDIT: The guys hovering above the Lemmings could be a reference to Ugh!, a pretty old arcade featuring a prehistoric cab driver.

I'm 99% sure they're from The Humans. Here's the wikipedia article for it, sadly no screenshots:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Humans

dancamu 05-28-2007 06:01 PM

my additions

that blonde pole dancer entertaining Larry is Lula from Wet: The Sexy Empire;

the guy to the far right with the scythe (next to the Dungeon Keeper beast) is the main character from Clive Barker's Undying;

isn't that robot in a buggy that crashed into a Carmageddon guy from Halo?

the robot in the mess (opposite to the Mega Man) is the enemy from Quake I believe;

WRMW 05-28-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phod (Post 414748)
Yes, with April Ryan right next to her.

Hmmm, she didn't look to much like April to me, but that would make sense. Is Zoe trying to get to Dublin to visit that guy from the Watilla company? (Wasn't he Irish?) Where's April trying to get to?

Oh and I just noticed Frogger, smooshed on the road.

QFG 05-28-2007 08:41 PM

No one can read the Cyrillic and figure out if this is Russian or what?

Is that the Prince of Persia avoiding the spikes at the very bottom middle?

Who's holding apart the Alien and Predator, right of the vault guy?

I think Pyramidhead from Silent Hill is serving the "missing piece" of Pacman to the girl with the nasty knife...

What on earth is going on with those penguins on the left margin?

Who is the girl swatting at the fairies?

The fourheaded knight?

I don't know about the Cyberdemon, but Diablo had a LOT more hitpoints than that...

NemelChelovek 05-29-2007 02:35 AM

The "four-headed warrior" is a four-person party from Might and Magic 6. Seeing as you only see their heads during regular gameplay (as portraits; you only see their full bodies on the inventory screen), I guess it makes sense that they're all joined at the neck. That's really crazy detail; I remember all of those portraits.

I think the many-eyed guy in the bottom left corner is a a Beholder from Baldur's Gate.

beatchef 05-29-2007 03:01 AM

I'm sad to say I know most of them!!

The 'girl with the nasty knife' is Alice from American McGee's Alice. She carries around a big knife.

The guy made of spheres with the block for a head next to the burning man is the hero from Ecstatica

The guy investigating the murdered person putting up the wanted poster is the hero from Discworld Noir.

The two guys with the red and blue flags are from Unreal Tournament.

Above Rincewind is Roger Wilco is clearing up a Mek from Warhammer 40k Dawn of War and Conan finishing Nemesis from Resident Evil 3

In the cloud of robots is the Sergeant from Z: Steel Soldiers (complete with cigar) and some kind off Fett, but which Fett was red?

All the characters from Commandos are looking at Solid Snake.

The guy who's stolen Ben's wheels is Tommy Vercetti from Vice City.

The only ones I don't know are

1 The guy riding the miniature green mamoth
2 the little knight starting at the turd
3 the guy looking at the Alien Vs Predator break up (Ben E Factor? Beneath a steel sky guy?)
4 the firemen knights
5 the woman run over by a crocodile wind up toy
6 the woman stripping off being covered up by penguins
7 the girl swatting at the fairies (who looks so familiar)
8 the girl with her boob out in the truck (the dark elf from Lineage 2? I've only seen the box)

RLacey 05-29-2007 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerserkerTails (Post 414783)
I'm 99% sure they're from The Humans. Here's the wikipedia article for it, sadly no screenshots:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Humans

That wouldn't surprise me. I have Humans 2 (it's terrible), and they look kind of similar.