Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   So, has there really been no "Broken Sword" movie topic? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/19849-so-has-there-really-been-no-broken-sword-movie-topic.html)

GhaleonQ 05-21-2007 03:42 PM

So, has there really been no "Broken Sword" movie topic?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20540

guybrush_guy 05-21-2007 04:16 PM

wow!

i would never of expected this...

it could actually be a great movie if done by the rite people. i just hope U-bowel (spelling?) stays away from this one.

eXo 05-21-2007 04:33 PM

... uwe boll... ugh

anyways.. a broken sword movie... seems like a cheap cash in on all the templayr crap ever since da vinci code.

it was a fun game, but I don't have a lot of faith in a movie adaptation.

WRMW 05-21-2007 05:29 PM

Is this article legit?
If it is, I think there's potential to make a good movie with the broken sword franchise (but they would definately have to reinvent alot). As long as this is an adaptation of the story, and not of the game per se. This could be quite good if they stay true to the characters, tone and humour instead of turning george and nico into trigger happy action heroes.
About starting with BS1: I'd love to see George and Nico meet for the first time on the big screen, but I don't know if the market can handle anymore Templar "mysteries".

If this isn't legit, as I suspect it might not be, it's a neat thought. It could open the door to other adventure adaptations... Gabriel Knight anyone?

Not A Speck Of Cereal 05-21-2007 08:47 PM

Hollywood is rife with examples of films that take classic characters and re-purpose them into potentially sell able items. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen anyone?

jacog 05-21-2007 11:59 PM

Broken Sword Movie - is this bollocks?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20540

The problem with this article is that is so completely riddled with factual errors that I can't take it seriously. It mentions that classic Revolution title "Beneath the Steel Blue Sky" for example. :)

EDIT: Ah there's a thread already... someone merge pls.

SnorkleCat 05-22-2007 12:09 AM

I saw that last night too....but I'm not convinced it's legitimate. I just find it hard to believe that they'd make a Broken Sword movie when there's stuff like Half Life that would probably fill the cinema faster. It would be great, mind you, but I'm just not convinced it's happening yet....

Intrepid Homoludens 05-22-2007 12:44 AM

:D I was gonna suggest Matthew McConaughey for the part of George, but he would actually be better suited to play Gabriel Knight.

I don't think Audrey Tautou would make a good Nico, they'll need a more buxom French actress.

Tiocfaidh 05-22-2007 02:04 AM

Great news (if they turn out to be true) :9

I wouldn´t have finished my BS script in a thousand years anyways. :D

Brad Pitt, he´d be the perfect choice.
He´s too old for the part on paper, but he´s still looking young enough.
Too expensive for the producers I´m afraid.

They either have to rewrite the story from scratch or could retell the millenium hysteria in a satiric way.

I hope they stick with the original beginning.
Stobbart´s voice over and the raven´s flight over Paris.
Could look impressive with CG and skillful camerawork.

Q:
What elements of the first game would you keep, revamp or take out entirely.
Which elemnts would you add to the story.

noknowncure 05-22-2007 03:57 AM

You'd have to trim out all the ancillary characters. The focus would be on Khan and I would imagine that the Neo Templars would have to be expanded on a bit more.

It does seem like a pointless exercise really, as it would just be compared unfavourably as a cynical reaction to the Da Vinci Code.

AeroDMC 05-22-2007 04:03 AM

Matthew McConaughey wouldn't be a bad choice for George Stobbart. I'd say no for Brad Pitt... you'd have to think of how much the production team could afford though. So you'd possibly have to look to lower-class actors... if that was the case, Stephen Baldwin could be an alright choice...

As for actresses for Nico, that would definately be a hard choice...

Hammerite 05-22-2007 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens (Post 413308)
I don't think Audrey Tautou would make a good Nico, they'll need a more buxom French actress.

No! We want Audrey Tautou!
:9~ :9~ :9~ :9~

noknowncure 05-22-2007 04:47 AM

She really couldn't do Da Vinci Code and this, surely. She'd be setting herself up for a typecast-o-rama.

Hammerite 05-22-2007 05:11 AM

She's hot...

dhz 05-22-2007 05:56 AM

well, I'm a big fan of the BS games, but this movie... hmmm...
I doubt it will be so succesfull, but it has the potential, of course, nothing will beat or replace those BS games and feelings at the time of interacting with a game, a thing that a movie can't offer.
Anyway, it's better than a new Resident Evil I think :pan: :D so good luck with that... And hope we get some news about Revolution too!!! Or maybe they are turning into a production company? :9 :pan:

dhz 05-22-2007 06:00 AM

lol! http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809777226/info
Broken Sword fever growing on!

Hammerite 05-22-2007 07:51 AM

Still, the whole thing really is POINTLESS

SnorkleCat 05-22-2007 08:05 AM

I'd approve of Audrey Tatou for the part because I might actually be able to stand Nico for a change with her in the role.

noknowncure 05-22-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhz (Post 413359)
those BS games

There's no need for that

eXo 05-22-2007 07:33 PM

the whole thing sounds like a horrible da vinci code style ripoff movie.

It'll have ridiculous action sequences just for the sake of it and more templar bull. All it needs as Ms Tatou and some guy with a bad haircut, and you have a total remake.

For those of you who think this sounds like a good idea, just go rent the movie thats already been made.