You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
eXo

Default nippon safe

Scummvm just added Nippon Safe to the emulator today! It's amazing how many games have been added recently to the dailybuild.

Just a heads up about all the progress going on out there =)
Old 05-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
Super Moderator

This is a game I have never heard of.

I looked it up on Moby Games to enlighten me (and anyone else who's interested).

Last edited by Melanie68; 05-20-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:37 AM   #3
The name says it all!

I bought this game a couple of years ago, it seemed like a fun game and I managed to get it started even without Scumm even though the game wasnt even on a cd but on one of those old discs so it was really old. The game starts of without any introduction at all, and as I remember you get caught straight away, then off to another carachter and after doing something, I think blowing up a wall to a bank I again get caught by the police until a third carachter appears in what appears to be china town and that's where i allways get stuck. So I've played about two minutes of the game if even that. The walkthrough is no good either, it doesnt follow the same events as in the game. I saw that this company had made another adventure game as well but I never managed to get it started unfortunatly.

But this game is very confusing anyway, even more confusing then City of Lost Children and Orion Burger!!!
It seems like a waste of time and energy to add it to ScummVM when there are so many other games they should add instead. I never managed to get Touche started with Scumm by the way, anyone else have that problem?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
eXo

A: there is an introduction

B: they made 2 other games, Big Red Adventure and Tequila & Boom Boom

C: Touche runs fine - go get a daily build, not the stable version.

D: Adding games is not as simple as saying - hey, this game is good - lets go add it. Games are added basically by volunteer work - so if a volunteer is familiar with a specific game engine, or wants to specifically add a particular game - then that is their prerogative.

I love how critical people are of a project that they don't pay for.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #5

Big Red Adventure is actually Nippon's sequel, but what is Tequila & Boom Boom? Is it a real pnc 3rd person adventure? Was it released in English? Couldn't find screenshots or details anywhere.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
eXo

yes, it is a p&c adventure - although it is fairly hard to come by. Moby games has a listing for it, but no screenshots.

I know it was developed in Italian, although i'm fairly positive there was an english release as well.

I'm not very interested in it as it is genrally considered a "furry" game.

here is one screen shot of the game I managed to dig up.