You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Zut Alors! - A Text Adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #1

Default Zut Alors! - A Text Adventure

Back in the dawn of time, when I owned an amiga I loved the idea of text adventures. I was never very good at them, the Lost Treasures of Infocom left me completely lost (I believe Moonmist was the only one that I managed to complete). But then there was a gem of a game hidden on one of my magazine cover-disks. It was called Zut Alors 2 and you played a musketeer who was trying to rescue the four musketeers because they'd all been imprisoned for some reason. It's a game that's always stuck in my mind, I remember that it was funny and not too difficult for me and that the save function had been disabled so I couldn't progress very far in it. As much as I wanted to send away the money to get a proper copy my parents wouldn't let me so I was left with playing the same bit over and over again.

Anyways, I was curious if anyone remembers this game or if I'm the only one who has any memory of it. I have done a search for it and I found an amiga file of the first game on some website but no other information. I just know if I try and get it to work that it won't be as much fun as I remember it being anyway.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:24 AM   #2
eXo

This site has it for sale:
http://www.vesalia.de/e_classix3.htm

in a giant amiga game collection for 6.99 euros.

I have also seen that the game is now freeware, so in that case - here is a link to it.

Instructions for running these self booting raw disks can be found here.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:54 AM   #3

It's all greek to me those instructions. I did find that download of the first game but was clueless as to how to make it work so didn't try. It's nice to know the second's available on a gamepack. I guess I was kind of hoping I wasn't the only one who'd heard of the game and could reminisce about the little I remembered though. I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it if I did finally get it working. Maybe I'd ruin the memories of what a fun game it was with the actuality. Anyway thankyou very much for your help.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:46 AM   #4
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Heleo! Omg! I remember Zut Alors 2 (I think it was 2); it was a great little game. I too only ever played the demo section off of the Amiga Format or Amiga Action cover disk; but it was a fun little demo and one of the few Interative Fiction games I ever really wanted to play. It was quite funny as I recall.

I've tried finding a copy to play on my Amiga emulator; but I couldn't get the version on the IF.com site to work when I was last reminded of the game. I'm going to give it another go...

EDIT: hmm I think it's Zut Alors version 2.0; as in just one game but the second version and not a sequel.
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!