You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Any adventure game "collectibles" in your collection?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
Strategy Guide Author

Default Any adventure game "collectibles" in your collection?

Anyone have a favorite adventure game collectible in their collection? Perhaps a boxed copy of Zork or some similar rare item?

Pics most welcome
Old 05-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #2

I've got a few original big boxed games. Some are more collectible than others. I've got Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis (including The Adventurer insert), Space Quest: Collection Series (the original one, not the Vivendi release), Police Quest: Collection Series (again - the original one, not the Vivendi release), and The Roberta Williams Anthology.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
eXo

Kings Quest 4 AGI version is probably the rarest thing I've got. Even got the reciept from Radio Shack from the day it was bought, lol. I didn't realize it was a rare version until last year.

Although I have original boxed versions of every Sierra "Quest" game (as well as all the other games like Conquest of Camelot and Longow, Colonels Bequest series, Freddy Pharkas, etc) and all the Lucas Arts originals, including Zak, loom, MI series, etc.

I suppose Neverhood is sorta rare these days, so that counts.

The sierra collection re-releases (QFG Collection, KQ Collection, SQ Collection, Roberta Williams Anthology, etc) are also fairly sought after these days, so I suppose they count as well (Not the VU re-releases that came out last year).

Maybe some others as well, although it's hard to tell since I don't go and check the rarity of the games in my collection very often.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
Retired Buccaneer

The EGA versions of SQ4, SQ1 remake, KQ5, and Conquests of the Longbow are a point of pride.

Plus, the FM Towns version of Loom, with box and all the original goodies.

A 2000 Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine wall calendar that came with the game.

Hero's Quest I, boxed with all the original inserts and the hint book.

All 13 of LucasArts' original Adventurer magazines, plus a pre-Adventurer Lucasfilm Games catalog from 1989.

A magazine clipping of a Fate of Atlantis ad with several early screenshots (a gift from the magnificent eriq).

Several miscellaneous game boxes imported from the UK which have early screenshots of MI1 and FoA on them.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

I don't know if Martian Memorandum is rare but I've got that one

Oh, I've also got Eco Quest II boxed. I saw EQ2 on ebay go for $212
Old 05-08-2007, 12:10 AM   #6

Colonel's Bequest boxed, with the original pencil and notepad that came with in order to take notes while playing. It also has the instruction booklet, the "script" (A booklet containing the intro to the game in play format) and a map of the manor, which has the hidden fingerprints needed to bypass the copy protection (You need the included red window magnifying glass, which I also still have).

...Man that game had a lot of feelies!

I also have a boxed copy of Codename: Iceman, but it's a Slash copy (See here for more details: http://www.vintage-sierra.com/slash.php). Surpisingly enough, it's one of the best Slash releases, with the box still having the embossed shiny lettering, and the map and booklet still full colour and not photocopied. I didn't know it was a Slash release for years!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:07 AM   #7
Wading down the amazon

Send a message via MSN to makini

I've got the KQ: Collectors Edition, with all the KQ-games up to the 6th one. I've got several old games in near mint condition, but not really antique ones...
Old 05-08-2007, 02:44 AM   #8
The Quiet One

I don't really have any rare games in original boxes, mainly cuz i bought the re-releases in the DVD cases which i prefer over cardboard boxes.

However i'm very proud to have the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis CD version with the original box in excellent condition. As well as the Monkey Island Bounty Pack but i don't have the large outer box, just the jewel case. I don't know if LBA 2 counts but i have the original cardboard box version of that too.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 05-08-2007, 02:57 AM   #9
Banned User

I used to have Gabriel Knight 1-2 pack in a huge box but I gave it away. I regret it though as it's worth alot on Ebay now
Old 05-08-2007, 07:45 AM   #10

I have quite a few but my best one is "Alice: An Interactive Museum" in an unopened shrink-wrapped box won on ebay. When I looked up the return address on the package I was surprised to see it was from the publisher.

Collecting is sort of a hobby. I have a prerelease poster of "Revenge of the Jedi" before the name was changed to "Return of the Jedi" and several original props of the first Star Trek series as well as uncut film reels. Living in So. California has it perks.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #11
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobske View Post
Oh, I've also got Eco Quest II boxed. I saw EQ2 on ebay go for $212
Truly one of the rarest boxes and games ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine
A magazine clipping of a Fate of Atlantis ad with several early screenshots (a gift from the magnificent eriq).
Nothing less than the best for the coolest adventure gamer ever! If you haven't seen ATM's site full of Sierra/LucasArts oddities and such, be sure to check it out. I've spent hours pouring over all the screens and information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXo View Post
Kings Quest 4 AGI version is probably the rarest thing I've got. Even got the reciept from Radio Shack from the day it was bought, lol. I didn't realize it was a rare version until last year.
KEEP your receipt! That will make it ever MORE valuable! I kept ALL of my receipts from most of my Sierra and LucasArts purchases. I have them in their boxes. I knew I'd look back one day and here we are!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #12

If floppy disks are considered collectibles...I do have some old boxes still floating around, and most of the booklets that came with the old games.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #13
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I've got several that could be called collectibles, but what I myself value the most in my shrinking collection are all the great LucasArts adventure games from Labyrinth to Grim Fandango.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #14

I have a box set of the LucasArts games, for some reason it has Rebel Assualt, also kept the box for Fable [pc not xbox] it is beautiful,it looks like jewel encrusted magic book.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:52 PM   #15
eXo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader View Post
I have a box set of the LucasArts games, for some reason it has Rebel Assualt, also kept the box for Fable [pc not xbox] it is beautiful,it looks like jewel encrusted magic book.
You got the lucasarts volume 2 adventure pack it sounds like. I have those 3 volumes as well, but I ended up rebuying the games indivudally for the jewelcases, inserts, and such.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #16

Since I haven't been a adventure / PC gamer as long as I've been a console gamer, I don't have that many collectibles. The rarest thing I have is the Gabriel Knight 1-2 pack, although I threw out the box long ago and gave away the novel that came with it. I throw away most of my PC game boxes since they're so bulky.

I do have some rare SNES games though - such as Super Mario RPG and the first Harvest Moon, in the original box with all the inserts. My brother and I were more obsessed about keeping our console games in good condition than our PC games.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #17
Protector of the Seal

Not sure how rare or special any of these are, but I have the original boxes, packaging, etc. for:

The 7th Guest
The 11th Hour
Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria II
Myst
Riven
Exile (regular box)
Exile (giant collector's edition box)
GK1 (two-piece triangle box)
GK2
GK3
Under a Killing Moon
The Pandora Directive
Overseer (with the blinking light)
Grim Fandango
TLJ
Return to Zork / Zork Anthology
Zork Nemesis
Zork Grand Inquisitor
Old 05-09-2007, 01:25 AM   #18
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq View Post
Truly one of the rarest boxes and games ever!
Good thing I went for Eco Quest II then! When I was in the computer store that day, I couldn't choose between EQ2 and Microprose's Grand Prix 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq View Post
KEEP your receipt! That will make it ever MORE valuable! I kept ALL of my receipts from most of my Sierra and LucasArts purchases. I have them in their boxes. I knew I'd look back one day and here we are!
I've also kept every receipt of every game I bought. I own about 80 Sierra games, couple of LA games, +/- 20 other adventure games and about 30 non-adventure games.

Now add that up... Ka-Ching! Yeah, I've spend a small fortune. Well, I've been collecting adventure games for 20 years now, so I've bought about one game a month.

That's actually not bad at all!

Last edited by Bobske; 05-09-2007 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:15 AM   #19
Doctor Watson

I've got, uhmm, a pirated version of Sierra's Mother Goose and the CD version of Loom.

No, not that collectible. But many people would kill for the CD version of loom...
Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 AM   #20

I have ripper 6 disks in the original box, feeble files in original box....ermmm i have loads, but those 2 are the most complete ones. For example i have loom cd. I also have alot of gameboy games all with the boxes and manuels...but i don't need them now i have my gp2x so they are all stored away! I also have monkey island 3 and 4 in the big boxes, originals not re-releases. I miss big boxes!(although dvd cases are better for the bookshelf