You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Any adventure game "collectibles" in your collection?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 04:55 AM   #181

That is easily solved: "Any 'great' or 'collectible games in your collection?"
Old 10-21-2008, 04:45 AM   #182
aye, aye!

It's not really an adventure game since it's just text (and a play novel for a survival horror game) but I'm proud of having it, heeeheee!

..too bad I haven't even played it since I don't own a gameboy nor a nintendo DS
Old 10-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #183

I bought a prop from Gabriel Knight 2's FMV set, a small bag of cement with a german label and a picture of a deer on it. It was used in a puzzle, if anyone remembers it.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #184

That's cool!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #185
aye, aye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer3 View Post
I bought a prop from Gabriel Knight 2's FMV set, a small bag of cement with a german label and a picture of a deer on it. It was used in a puzzle, if anyone remembers it.
I would LOVE to see a picture of it! :O
Old 10-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #186
Schattenjäger

Wow, today i got in a little shopping mood , and i was fortunate to make some really good deals, and managed to add some more first edition boxes to the collection.
Should arrive during the end of this week until the end of next week.

Psychic Detective
Beneath a Steel Sky
Golden Gate Killer
Prisoner of Ice
9 - The Last Resort
Shadow of the Comet
11th Hour
The Dame was Loaded
Last Express

And after i bought Point of View last week, Harvester and I have no mouth but i must scream share the #1 position of wanted collectibles. But sooner or later I´ll get my hands on them aswell.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer3 View Post
No kidding? I'm really curious, how did this come about? Did you or someone you know have access to the set? Please do post a picture, if you can. I'm really curious to hear more!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #188

I have attached a .jpg I just took in my garage of the cement bag from Gabriel Knight 2. What happened was I played the game and became a huge fan, searching all over the internet for pages related to the game. I was crazy for this game! I found a website not from Sierra but from a smaller company that was doing the sets for the game. They were selling all the props, but by the time I got involved most of the really good stuff was gone, and this of course was years ago. I think someone got the silver medallion used by the crypt in the church, for instance. Someone else got some wine glasses. So this was the best I could get.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #189

He he, I really think this bag of "zement" beats stuff like the silver medallion any day! And I sure do remember that puzzle. Replayed the game no more than three weeks ago.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #190
Flatulent Philanthropist

Gatherer, that's one of the best (and most interesting), collectibles I've ever seen from an Adventure game. I'm not kidding.

Don't let anybody use it for bricklaying, or anything, will you?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #191

Has anyone got [therefore played] either of the following two games ?

Uninvited is a haunted house "point-and-click" adventure video game originally for the Macintosh, released in 1986 by ICOM Simulations.

DéjÃ* Vu[1] is a "point-and-click" adventure game set in the world of 1940s hard-boiled detective novels and movies. It was released in 1985 for Macintosh – the first in the MacVenture series – and later ported to several other systems.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #192

gatherer3, truly a super find! I thought the same thing, that someone would use it accidentally. My son once opened several very collectable games because "they looked interesting" and I almost had a heart attack. That prompted me to put Post-Its on all the cardboard storage boxes saying "Do Not Open!".
Old 11-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #193
Evil Incarnate

I have about 100 games in their original retail boxes, maybe half of them old adventure games. I haven't seen them in a while though, so I've forgotten most of them. I'll take a picture the next time I'm back home. Think it's stashed away in one of the old rooms of one of my siblings. I know I have stuff like Loom and The Dig, all of the Tex Murphy games. Well, bunch of stuff like that. Full Throttle (awesome box art btw, I remember buying that one). I'll check if there's anything worth mentioning (collector-wise) come christmas
Old 11-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #194
Strategy Guide Author

Part of my nerd shrine.
Attached Images

Last edited by Phod; 11-21-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:12 AM   #195
Under pressure.

Cool! I have the same box, but without the autograph.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #196

I have a few classics in perfect condition, and another few in great condition. Not sure if they can be called collectables, but I cherish them and will never part with them. For example:

CMI
Full Throttle
The Dig
Broken Sword II
Under a Killing Moon
Normality
Quest For Glory V: Dragon Fire
Discworld Noir

But my most cherished games are my collection of Amiga adventures. Like Rise of the Dragon, Heart of China, Willy Beamish, Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 2, Indy Atlantis and Indy Last Crusade, King's Quest VI and Police Quest III among others. Some less-than-classic titles as well, like Last Crusade and Space Quest IV.

Most likely, no collectables, but they have a certain affection value for me.