Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Mata Hari (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/19647-mata-hari.html)

eriq 04-26-2007 10:56 AM

Mata Hari

OH MY GOD! A classic adventure designed by two LucasArts masters!! Why isn't there a thread about this yet?! How excited am I?!!

WOOOO!! Life is good. Who says adventures are dead? ;)

Melanie68 04-26-2007 11:56 AM

Here's the news item as a supplement to eriq's joy. :)

Kolzig 04-26-2007 11:57 AM

I'm excited about the makers, but not necessarily about the subject of the game.

It is wonderful to hear that Hal Barwood and Noah Falstein are back in action. :)

AFGNCAAP 04-26-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig (Post 407829)
I'm excited about the makers, but not necessarily about the subject of the game.

Dawn of WWI. Espionage. Exotic beauties. What's not to like? :)

Seriously, to me the subject practically screams "adventure". Plus, the choice of theme and setting is both rather original and quite appropriate for the guys who brought us the Indiana Jones games.

eriq 04-26-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP (Post 407838)
Seriously, to me the subject practically screams "adventure". Plus, the choice of theme and setting is both rather original and quite appropriate for the guys who brought us the Indiana Jones games.

I agree! And you play a woooooman! WOOOOO!

ATMachine 04-26-2007 01:16 PM

While it's exciting to see the guys behind Fate of Atlantis reuniting, I am a little worried that the English version might be given short shrift given that it's being made at a German development house.

jp-30 04-26-2007 01:57 PM

This is great news.

I do wonder the extent of Barwood & Falstein's involvement though. Just a design doc, concept art and a plot summary do you think? Or will they actually be involved in some capacity in the game's development from start to finish?

"The story and game design for Mata Hari are provided by Hal Barwood and Noah Falstein... The actual development of the game is being done by the Hanover-based 4Head Studios."

VictimOfScience 04-26-2007 07:06 PM

Best news in a long time. Hal Barwood is one of my all-time favorite humans ever!!!!!

Now we just need to get a good English translation going....

AdrianWerner 04-26-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp-30 (Post 407861)
This is great news.

I do wonder the extent of Barwood & Falstein's involvement though. Just a design doc, concept art and a plot summary do you think? Or will they actually be involved in some capacity in the game's development from start to finish?

"The story and game design for Mata Hari are provided by Hal Barwood and Noah Falstein... The actual development of the game is being done by the Hanover-based 4Head Studios."

Well..from the news piece it looks like they will write the whole story and all the puzzles, while 4Head will handle the actual graphics, animations etc. It sounds like Broken Sword 4-like development, with 4Head similiar to SUMO.
It's propably the future of the genre, at least for american designers(nobody will give US developer decent money for making adventure game, but outsourcing actual content creation might work fine)

vivasawadee 04-26-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdrianWerner (Post 407934)
It's propably the future of the genre, at least for american designers(nobody will give US developer decent money for making adventure game, but outsourcing actual content creation might work fine)

As long as its properly tested and not rushed, it should be fine. Broken Sword 4 was an example of how outsourcing can ruin a potentially great game.

AdrianWerner 04-27-2007 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivasawadee (Post 407942)
As long as its properly tested and not rushed, it should be fine. Broken Sword 4 was an example of how outsourcing can ruin a potentially great game.

I don't think BS4 problems had anything to do with outsourcing

Elessar 04-27-2007 07:02 AM

I am also very excited, I love the fact that these two - very talented - guys are back in action.

Can't wait to see the game :)

Dasilva 04-27-2007 07:41 AM

This looks really good. :)

eriq 04-27-2007 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdrianWerner (Post 407953)
I don't think BS4 problems had anything to do with outsourcing

I don't think BS4 had that many problems actually. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Classic feeling, great interface, fun! I was all over it like a moonpie.

AdrianWerner 04-27-2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriq (Post 408001)
I don't think BS4 had that many problems actually. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Classic feeling, great interface, fun! I was all over it like a moonpie.

I feel the same. It had some rought edges, but I did enjoy it more than any other adventure game in in 2006 and also more than BS2 and 3

tsa 04-27-2007 09:09 PM

There is a lot about Mata Hari on the internet. This is a very elaborate biography of her. She makes a very interesting character for an adventure game. I'm curious what they will make of her.

Henke 04-29-2007 06:01 AM

I had totally missed this. Sounds great. :)

D.C. 06-27-2007 07:50 PM

Adventure-Treff have some new screenshots of the game.

Fop 06-28-2007 08:57 AM

She looks like someone's aunt

TiAgUh 06-28-2007 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriq (Post 407841)
And you play a woooooman! WOOOOO!

Syberia, Still Life, Dreamfall, Nancy Drew and so on...

Meh..