Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Dreamfall Noir?! - UK Limited Edition (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/19607-dreamfall-noir-uk-limited-edition.html)

Dasilva 04-21-2007 06:18 AM

Dreamfall Noir?! - UK Limited Edition

As most of you know, I bought the US Dreamfall limited edition with the 3 prints. I played the game and all, not a single bug or anything loved it. But I recently got my hands on the UK edition and for some reason the game is running in some strange noir mode it seems. lol Take a look for yourself:

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6...titled1uf9.jpg

I guess they realized everyone in the UK is colourblind. :D

MasterLoo 04-21-2007 06:57 AM

wow! did it look like that from the first moment of gameplay? just curious what I should look for when checking my own limited edition :D

aries323 04-21-2007 07:02 AM

I think your limited UK edition might be an extra special limited edition -

because it has the feeling and view of the french film noir :D to it.

Or maybe it just because it set in a really futuristic world in which some
monster have eaten all the colors :D ---

Dasilva 04-21-2007 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterLoo (Post 406714)
wow! did it look like that from the first moment of gameplay? just curious what I should look for when checking my own limited edition :D

Yep, from start of the game to the end. Strange because the load screens and intro animations are in colour. I was like wow they made it more atmospheric when I was playing the first bit, but then realized theres somehting strange going on. lol

Lucien21 04-21-2007 08:50 AM

It's your video drivers not the game.

Upgrade or reinstall them.

Dasilva 04-21-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21 (Post 406739)
It's your video drivers not the game.

Upgrade or reinstall them.

But this is the only game that seems to be giving me trouble. Unless its the starforce or whatever screwing up my drivers.

DomStLeger 04-21-2007 09:14 AM

Oddly it looks good in Black and White doesn't it; I suppose thats a testament to the quality of the games graphics.

I have the UK Limited Edition version too and have had no problems like this. Lucien's right that it's probably the graphics drivers; though it's strange how the US version works but the UK doesn't; they must have changed something else in the limited edition version?

MasterLoo 04-21-2007 09:32 AM

whatever is causing it, that sure looks awesome, lol. You should keep it that way.

jannar85 04-21-2007 11:07 AM

Yeah. That's really cool..

Dasilva 04-21-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterLoo (Post 406749)
whatever is causing it, that sure looks awesome, lol. You should keep it that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannar85 (Post 406767)
Yeah. That's really cool..

I KNOW! It actually looks pretty cool, it makes everyhting else black and white while making the greens and blues stand out. Who knew a bug could make a game look cool. :D

NemelChelovek 04-21-2007 01:25 PM

Isn't that the way the Winter looks in that game?

RaMa 04-21-2007 01:40 PM

Hey, you might be right, NemelChelovek. Looks like the filter got stuck or something.

Looks cool none the less. Thank god that's not your only copy though, Dasilva :P.

Dasilva 04-21-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMa (Post 406786)
Hey, you might be right, NemelChelovek. Looks like the filter got stuck or something.

Looks cool none the less. Thank god that's not your only copy though, Dasilva :P.

I pretty much bought the UK limited edition so I didn't have to import the soundtrack from the US Funcom store. But TLJ on a single DVD is also a big bonus and the new Dreamfall trailer with it was interesting.

RaMa 04-21-2007 01:54 PM

Is that a completely new trailer that isn't available on the internet?

Dasilva 04-21-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMa (Post 406793)
Is that a completely new trailer that isn't available on the internet?

Yep.

And they market it to be like an adventure game, not a revolution. :P

If you like I could rip it and upload it to youtube?

RaMa 04-21-2007 02:02 PM

Cool. I'd very much like to see it. Thanks :).

Dasilva 04-21-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMa (Post 406797)
Cool. I'd very much like to see it. Thanks :).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dzgirie_KwI (Its in widescreen)

Enjoy. :)

RaMa 04-22-2007 12:15 AM

Thanks, Dasilva :).

Quite a lot of spoilers in there. But yeah, I like the fact that they market it more like an adventure game in this one. Still, I like the old trailers better. I think that's because they don't only have in-game screens in them.

Dasilva 04-22-2007 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMa (Post 406898)
Thanks, Dasilva :).

Quite a lot of spoilers in there. But yeah, I like the fact that they market it more like an adventure game in this one. Still, I like the old trailers better. I think that's because they don't only have in-game screens in them.

I guess its appropriate for a final trailer to throw out everything. But yes I like the 2nd trailer the most where the little girl it talking and Zoes in the coma scene, loved it. :)

DomStLeger 04-22-2007 03:26 AM

Nice trailer, though is it just me of do they seem to have picked some of the blander elements of the games musical score?