You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
hello

Default Tony Tough

I have noticed in the recommendation threads Tony Tough and the night of roasted moths never gets mentioned. Yet looking at the review on this site, it looks like a great game.

I am wondering whether to try and track down a copy for purchase.

Has anyone played the game? is it worth getting?

Also, Any news on the sequel? it looks as though it was released last year. but there doesnt seem to have been anything about it on adventuregamers.com.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:22 AM   #2

I've played it. It's not for everyone. A very difficult game. I resorted to a walkthrough for the solution to most puzzles. It would take forever to try and beat the game on your own. Some solutions are things I would have never thought to try.

In its favour I would say that the dialogue is very clever and witty. The words are the attraction because the game isn't much to look at. Speaking for myself I wouldn't highly recommend it and I wouldn't think of mentioning it to non-adventure game players. But if you're a hardcore adventure game player and you love a challenge it may be for you.

I've looked for information on the sequel a few times and found none. I'd be interested in buying the sequel if it's available somewhere and there's an English language version. I think the games are made by an Italian company.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:46 AM   #3
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser Eyes View Post
I've played it. It's not for everyone. A very difficult game. I resorted to a walkthrough for the solution to most puzzles. It would take forever to try and beat the game on your own. Some solutions are things I would have never thought to try.

In its favour I would say that the dialogue is very clever and witty. The words are the attraction because the game isn't much to look at. Speaking for myself I wouldn't highly recommend it and I wouldn't think of mentioning it to non-adventure game players. But if you're a hardcore adventure game player and you love a challenge it may be for you.

I've looked for information on the sequel a few times and found none. I'd be interested in buying the sequel if it's available somewhere and there's an English language version. I think the games are made by an Italian company.

Cool, thanks for the info
Old 04-10-2007, 03:25 AM   #4
Whirling Knife

Send a message via MSN to bruno321

The game is fun. It has some witty dialogue and pretty funny characters. It is very easy on the eyes, also.

But as Laser Eyes said, it is quite difficult. I had to resort to a walkthrough several times. I wouldn't say most puzzles, not at all, but I had to look up the solution to, dunno, seven, eight puzzles?

It pays hommage to the Lucas games. If that's good or bad, you decide. As for me, I thought it was a nice experience, but I prefer games that stand on their own instead of "paying hommage" to the classics a lot of us love.

But hey, it's a good game. If have some patience and you're in to a challenge, go for it.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:54 AM   #5

This is a game a WANTED to love, but there was no structure to it. Once I got into the fair grounds I just wandered around aimlessly clicking seeming hundreds of dialogue choices and having no systematic approach to doing anything. I am hopeful that the sequel will be good because there is a lot to like in the game, but as a game it just becomes a bore to play with no direction. Kinda of watching Star Trek the Motion Picture. Long pretty looking scenes of special effects in which NOTHING happens. It just gets boring, no matter how pretty it is.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:39 AM   #6
Under pressure.

Tony Tough 2 seems like it's going to be a completely different game.

--Erwim
Old 04-14-2007, 05:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br View Post
Tony Tough 2 seems like it's going to be a completely different game.

--Erwim
It is a shame it's probably never going to be released in English so we can find out for ourselves. I've looked at a German or Italian Amazon store and the customer ranged from 2-3/5 - not a good sign but I still really wanna play.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:11 AM   #8

Great Game, I Would Recommend you Tony Tough

Played this about 5 years ago and it was one of my first AG's played.
Great game, for me it wasn't too hard, but fairly.