You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Favorite Legend Entertainment adventure?

View Poll Results: Favorite Legend Entertainment Adventure
Spellcasting 101: Sorcerers Get All The Girls (1990) 2 4.76%
Spellcasting 201: The Sorcerer's Appliance (1991) 0 0%
Timequest (1991) 2 4.76%
Gateway (1992) 4 9.52%
Spellcasting 301: Spring Break (1992) 1 2.38%
Eric the Unready (1993) 9 21.43%
Gateway 2 - Homeworld (1993) 0 0%
Companions of Xanth (1993) 0 0%
Death Gate (1994) 8 19.05%
Superhero League of Hoboken (1994) 0 0%
Mission Critical (1995) 2 4.76%
Shannara (1995) 4 9.52%
Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1997) 5 11.90%
John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles (1998) 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #21
Coltrane

Oh, i haven't played any of these games. Can you guys recommend me which i should start with?
Currently reading: The Name of the Rose
Old 04-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #22

I've only played Eric the Unready out of those so...
Old 04-01-2007, 12:32 PM   #23

My favourite is the blackstone chronicles, I found it pretty creepy ...brilliantly spooky atmosphere. The puzzles and storyline were good too from what I remember, time to replay I think now that this poll has reminded me of it!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #24
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phod View Post
Heh Fienepien.. sounds like you have a cool collection of stuff.. any other ones you are particularly proud of?
A few, yes. Don't get me started...

GAG - unique, funny parody of adventure games. My favorite low-budget box art.

Blue Heat: The Case of the Cover Girl Murders - erotic FMV thriller.
The Cautious Condor - timed "radioplay" thriller with cartoons.
Day of the Tentacle - the rarish triangle box.
Mode - Interactive Movie hybrid. FMV of course. I loooove FMV. Ugly box though.
Puppet Motel - Some people wouldn't call it a game, I guess. Fascinating multimedia experience. Less rare for the Mac. I went so far as to buy a Mac copy with the beautiful hinged box to put my PC jewel-case in.

And others. Rare isn't everything. I get just as much pleasure out of looking at my boxed Toonstruck, the Space Bar, the Neverhood, Tex Murphy, Obsidian, the Last Express. Nowadays I only want a boxed copy if I love the game or in some cases the box. Not that I'd say no if someone offered me an extremely hard to find boxed Cosmoloy of Kyoto. Great game too! Here's a pic (got it from another forum, it's too rare for Google and Mobygames). Isn't it lovely...

Quote:
Checking ebay: Doh you were so close to being the high bidder!
It may look that way, but that's deceptive. Only ebay and the winning bidder know what his maximum bid was.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #25
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivasawadee View Post
Yes terrible, I would've sold you my box for $1
You can still sell it to me. For more than just one dollar too. If you're interested, send me a PM.

Quote:
The box is not really special unlike my Gabriel Knight 1, 2 piece Trapezoidal box. Now thats worth keeping.
I'm not as crazy about GK as most gamers, so I don't have it. But it's a nice box and definitely worth keeping.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosphere View Post
Oh, i haven't played any of these games. Can you guys recommend me which i should start with?
It doesn't matter, they're all great. Just be aware that Death Gate, Cahallan's Crosstime Saloon, Mission Critical (this one is odd, though, kinda... dry) and Shannara are far more good looking than the other ones.

Gateway 1 and 2, Eric the Unready and Timequest have partly text-based interface, and a very small and not that pretty graphic window.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:46 AM   #27
Coltrane

Okay, nice. I just wanted to know which of those games is the most beginner friendly, because i've heard that many of these games are quite hard and that many of the games seem to be based on some stories from some fantasybooks.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:55 AM   #28
Thats the ticket

Quote:
Okay, nice. I just wanted to know which of those games is the most beginner friendly, because i've heard that many of these games are quite hard and that many of the games seem to be based on some stories from some fantasybooks.
Eric the Unready was probably the easiest for me (One of the few games I didn't have to use a walkthrough or UHS hints). You can play these games with a mouse but its a lot more fun using the text parser. The graphics window is small and 99% static but the humour more than makes up for it.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:09 AM   #29
Coltrane

Yeah, that's the game that i've been most interested in (That and Callahan's Crosstime Saloon). Thank's for the info guys.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:06 PM   #30

Quote:
Death Gate and Shannara are based on books (there's absolutely no need to have read thme to play the game, though), but they are the most beginner friendly. Cahallan is tough, especially is you're not american.

Eric the Unready is also hard, mostly because the interface is partly text-based, which makes for a lot more combinations.

I would recommend starting with Death Gate (which also happens to be my favorite).
Old 04-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #31
Your average crooner

Yeah, I think that Death Gate may be the best of them. Mission Critical, Gateway and that guilty pleasure called Superhero League of Hoboken may apply too.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:01 AM   #32
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Type View Post
But the favourite one is TimeQuest - very unique adventure that combines sci-fi, humor and historical themes into one extremely well-written plot. Time travelling in DoTT looks rather pale compared to all possibilities introduced by TQ )
Time travelling... historical themes...
Reminded me not only of DoTT, but also of the non-commercial IF game Jigsaw by Graham Nelson. Sounded so good I just had to give TQ a try. This one is even better. I've been at it for hours and looking forward to many more hours of fun. So thank you for recommending it.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 AM   #33
LA-S-LE

Fienepien
Glad you're enjoying it as much as I did TQ is really one of the most underrated adventures out there.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #34
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

I own them ALL and I love 'em all! Legend was a really cool publisher. I especially loved the Gateway games and the titles based on the books (Death Gate, Shannara.)
Old 04-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #35
Dividing the Digital

Yeah, Worf was in Mission Critical. Very fun game if not a little weird towards the end. But i like a little weird mixed into my sci-fi.

Tough pick but i decided to go with Gateway. One of the many games that turned me onto the books they were based on. Plus i really like a good straight up sci-fi adventure. Although as many pointed out, just about any Legend game is a good one