Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Telltale wants to know what license you want to see adventurefied next (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/19246-telltale-wants-know-what-license-you-want-see-adventurefied-next.html)

Frogacuda 03-15-2007 09:44 PM

Telltale wants to know what license you want to see adventurefied next

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=109473380172

Little feedback survey. Most of it focuses on what licenses you like, and what you'd like to see a game of.

I'm casting a vote for Tex Murphy.

Risingson 03-16-2007 01:35 AM

But with Chris Jones, I hope!

Venkman 03-16-2007 03:00 AM

Thanks for the link. I put down Manhunter (the old Sierra series), Dr. Seuss, and some other stuff.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tex Murphy, but I've only played the first two games in the series, so I would have some catching up to do.

rlpw 03-17-2007 08:44 PM

I posted Matt Wagner's Grendal. I'm not sure if it would be something that Telltale would think about doing but it is one of those things that just should be done.

D.C. 03-17-2007 09:38 PM

What are the chances Telltale could get the rights to these old series. I mean things were a little different for Sam & Max because LucasArts contract expired, right? Either way I voted for Full Throttle or Space Quest as well as original IP. :D

colpet 03-18-2007 03:29 AM

I bet I'm the only one that has Antiques Road Show as my top TV series :D .
Other than that, I put in a good word for a new Gabriel Knight or Tex game.

JemyM 03-18-2007 04:10 AM

Full Throttle, if possible.

Some of Lucas Arts games were based on excellent stories with a nice ending, thus they do not scream for a sequel (Grim Fandango, The Dig). Some had not so interesting characters (Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken). Some had enough sequels already (Indiana Jones, Monkey Island).

Among the Lucas Arts games, I think, next to Sam & Max, that the game with the most potential for another story is Full Throttle. It have excellent characters and a nice world that fits more stories.

D.C. 03-18-2007 04:24 AM

Plus Full Throttle's story was fairly short too - a proven story structure that works well for this game that would adapt well to an episodic series.

Thello 03-18-2007 04:59 AM

Whatever the franchise they pick up, I just hope it doesn't reuse locations to the same extent as Sam & Max.

PhoenixWrong 03-18-2007 10:05 AM

I voted for Monkey Island.
They still have that 5 game contract the Voodoo Lady has to fulfill right? ;)

Jatsie 03-18-2007 10:15 AM

Voodoo Lady needs to get a lawyer. :P

Hamham Chan 03-18-2007 03:17 PM

An adventure game based on the next Indiana Jones movie. :)
Telltale could make a deal with Lucasfilm, who owns the rights to the franchise.

jp-30 03-18-2007 04:29 PM

I put down ideas that currently have other 'media' in the works, rather than trying to resurrect a franchise cold.

1. Blade Runner. Already has a great Adventure style game from 10 years or so back, plus the movie has a cult following. And anniversary editions and box sets of the DVD are in the works. Lends itself well to episodic format.

From wikipedia; "After years of legal disputes, Warner Bros. announced in 2006 that it had finally secured full distribution rights to the film. They planned for three stages of releases for the film. First, a digitally remastered single-disc limited re-release of the 1992 Director's Cut was released on September 5, 2006 in the United States and on October 9, 2006 in Ireland and the UK. Second, Ridley Scott's new "Final Cut" of the film is scheduled for theatrical release in 2007. The third and final phase, a multi-disc box set including the two previously mentioned cuts, the U.S. and International cuts, and bonus features, is also scheduled for 2007. Warner Bros. has plans to release this box set not only on DVD, but also on the HD DVD and Blu-ray disc formats."

2. Dark Crystal. "Henson" has announced a new Manga-style comic set in the Dark Crystal universe, and there's a new Dark Crystal movie currently in production.

From wikipedia; "A sequel, entitled Power of the Dark Crystal, is currently in (or about to begin) production for 2008. Genndy Tartakovsky is attached to direct. A detailed synopsis can be read at http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050515d.php.

A manga prequel, Legends of the Dark Crystal, is scheduled for publication by TokyoPop on November 13, 2007. The manga is written by Barbara Randall Kesel, with art by Max Kim. The story will be set hundreds of years before the story in The Dark Crystal, and before the Great Extermination."

LuigiHann 03-18-2007 09:56 PM

Oh man.
How hilarious would it be if they made a Pirates of the Caribbean game?

Venkman 03-18-2007 10:43 PM

For Maniac Mansion to work they'd have to make a lot of references to the original. Like bring back Dave from the first one. That would be amazing.

ParNar 03-19-2007 08:32 AM

grim fandango please :-)

Frogacuda 03-19-2007 10:27 AM

I didn't wast my time on Lucas games, since I know Lucas have been dicks to Telltale already and aren't giving them anything.

bulldog 03-19-2007 10:46 AM

I tried but the link had been closed. It said the survey was completed.:frown:

jp-30 03-19-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogacuda (Post 399295)
I didn't wast my time on Lucas games, since I know Lucas have been dicks to Telltale already and aren't giving them anything.

Care to elaborate?

cwapitm 03-19-2007 01:53 PM

Missed the survey:frown: but I would like to see more of DOTT or Monkey Island or LOOM.