You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Telltale wants to know what license you want to see adventurefied next

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #21

well I voted for a day of the tentacle series and rockos modern life adventure game
Old 03-19-2007, 05:52 PM   #22

I forgot to vote for this on the survey but what about old school SCOOBY DOO!
Old 03-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #23
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
Little feedback survey. Most of it focuses on what licenses you like, and what you'd like to see a game of.

I'm casting a vote for Tex Murphy.
Must have been a very quick survey. Didn't see it yesterday and it was closed tonight. Ergo, I have no idea what I could/should vote for.

Last edited by Melanie68; 03-19-2007 at 07:39 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 03-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
Must have been a very quick survey. Didn't see it yesterday and it was closed tonight. Ergo, I have no idea what I could/should vote for.
As far as I recall, the only real "choice" questions were "How did you buy/play Sam and Max?", "How did you hear about Sam and Max?". "Do you have a CD or DVD drive?", "Please rate Episodes 1-4 from least to favorite."

Otherwise, they just asked (separately) to list favorite TV shows, movies, and other media (books, comics, etc.) And had one textarea box asking you to finish the sentence "I would like for there to be a game (or game series) based on:"

I'm paraphrasing from memory of course. I'm sure if you email them at that feedback address, they'll still be listening.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:41 PM   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
The thread was started on the 15th so it was up for at least 3.5 days.

I peeked at the survey and didn't have the mental energy to fill out all the favorite shows, movies, etc. but I don't recall them specifically asking what you want made into a game.

My first thought was that it was a marketing survey - an in depth look at who is playing their games and what other interests they have.

Last edited by Melanie68; 03-19-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #26

It was Mojo'd waaaaay back on March 10. All the more reason to check mixnmojo daily!

Old 03-20-2007, 01:44 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
I forgot to vote for this on the survey but what about old school SCOOBY DOO!
I don't think we need Telltale to make a Scooby Doo game. It's a popular enough franchise that there are a ton of Scooby Doo games already. Are any of them any good? I have no idea. But I'm pretty sure some of them are adventure games, albeit geared towards young children.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:59 AM   #28

But even so, I wouldn't mind seeing a Telltale series.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:59 AM   #29
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp-30 View Post
2. Dark Crystal. "Henson" has announced a new Manga-style comic set in the Dark Crystal universe, and there's a new Dark Crystal movie currently in production.
GOOD ONE! That or Labyrinth... a proper graphic adventure based on Labyrinth would be so cool.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:16 AM   #30
NHJ

Quote:
It was Mojo'd waaaaay back on March 10. All the more reason to check mixnmojo daily!

I do, and filled out the survey on day 1

I think the DotT series would make a good series of games for Telltale. The Full Throttle story is more or less closed, I think.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:37 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroHero View Post
well I voted for a day of the tentacle series and rockos modern life adventure game
I loved rockos modern life,especially when Filbert said wee wee and he and heifer fell about laughing.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 PM   #32
Super Moderator

Since I was a lazy sod and never took the survey, I'll just throw out a movie I love - Amelie.

And just to be goofy because it's hump day, how about The Sound of Music complete with 'The Lonely Goatherd' puzzle.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:50 PM   #33

Quote:
Care to elaborate?
They tried to buy the rights to finish the Sam and Max game they were working on, and Lucas decided they'd rather not take their money and put the game in a closet just to spite them.

So I can't imagine they'd cough up the rights to Monkey Island or anything so generous. After all, what if it was successful? Then someone would look stupid for not producing the game in house. Better to not take any chances and protect their foolish pride.

I voted for Tex Murphy because the rights are up for grabs and the creators are presently free agents. The timing's perfect.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:07 AM   #34
Thats the ticket

I'd love to see a game or 2 based on the Red Dwarf TV show.

The marketing apeal may be limited to Sci Fi comedy fans so commercially it will probably suck.

For a mass apeal license, I would go for Lost. They could probably do mini episodes and release them weekly in conjuction with the TV shows or release a larger game in between seasons. Yes I am a big motherlovin Lost fan
Old 04-15-2009, 08:16 AM   #35

Bump...I wonder if they will buy any of Sierra's old licenses now that those are being sold off.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #36

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Bump...I wonder if they will buy any of Sierra's old licenses now that those are being sold off.
Actually, and sadly, they aren't. The only Intellectual Property sold was Leisure Suit Larry (to Codemasters), and even in this case it is unsure whether they sold the entire series' IP or only Box Office Bust's one.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 04-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #37
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiHann View Post
But I'm pretty sure some of them are adventure games, albeit geared towards young children.
I've always wanted a game, or even book or fan fiction, of those young stories we knew as kids, geared more towards the adults that loved them. Like what were Fred and Daphanie really doing when they went to the attic when the gang "split up".

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivasawadee View Post
I'd love to see a game or 2 based on the Red Dwarf TV show.

The marketing apeal may be limited to Sci Fi comedy fans so commercially it will probably suck.

For a mass apeal license, I would go for Lost. They could probably do mini episodes and release them weekly in conjuction with the TV shows or release a larger game in between seasons. Yes I am a big motherlovin Lost fan
I agree. A Red Dwarf game would be awesome. And there is a LOST game out there, although I hear it isn't too good. Your idea is great, though, about the mini episodes.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #38

Full throttle! please telltale do full throttle!