You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Kaptain Brawe *New Upcoming Adventure*

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 04:21 PM   #21
Super Moderator

I can't seem to find a news item on her site talking about a publisher. Could someone provide a more specific link and some details?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:03 AM   #22
A Brawe New World

Hi everyone, nice to be back here.

Been keeping a low profile lately, as John already mentioned, the game will be released as a full product, so, I am holding back on the information as much as possible.

First of all, thank you for your kind comments, and I am glad you enjoyed the demo. Thank you!

Second, as John mentioned the publisher, there were quite a few involved, but I kept a firm grasp on terms and IP licencing, causing many to drop out of the deal. I am not sorry, because I want to make it just like I want it. No outside interference.

There were also some issues about deadlines, the lenght of the game (that's why I went the "complete game" route), but I realized that the product had to be rushed to meet the deadlines.

Now, with no signed deal, there is no budget. Therefore no voices.

As Nautilus stated, and I am a firm believer on this issue, GOOD voice work can elevate Kaptain Brawe alot. However, BAD even MEDIOCRE voices will do more damage that I care to risk (Runaway anyone?). Alot of work has been put into graphics, story and dialogue and I don't want to spoil on a rather trivial thing like voice overs. Instead, I am using music to set the mood, much like the silent movies did (after all, KB is set on a turn of 20th century).

The game is set to be released around Christmass 2007, if not, then on New Years Eve. It's hard for me to compete against "big boys" in the holiday season, but you can expect it around that time.

More on the publishers issue:

I've had offers for a complete distribution of the game based solely on the demo itself. If I recall they offered 32 world countries including 6-7 language regions.

When I have a complete game at disposal, I don't think it will be hard to sign a deal, if not only through game portals and my website ofcourse.

That's about it. If you are interested in progress, what was meant to be a first episode is now pretty much finished, with all the characters, locations, puzzles and music. Animations are not fully done yet, I've been experimenting with a more productive pipeline, which should lead in second part being finished rather quickly (hopefully).

Well, that's about it.

Again, thank you for your support.

Stay sharp and Be Brawe!

KB.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #23
Has a jaw of sweet teeth

Good to hear that you're still around...
Looking forward to the game
Old 03-26-2007, 07:27 PM   #24
Vigilant

Aha, I thought I might be able to lure you out of hiding if I created a Kpt. Brawe topic. I am glad to see your are alive and kicking; we all are excited about the project!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #25

Interesting. Backgrounds look pretty but some of the character animation didn't look very smooth. Took me a little while to get used to the controls but that's maybe partly because I just am not used to that kind of control system.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #26

Ok, so you're telling me that you developed every aspect of the game by yourself?! Wow, kudos to you girl. Keep up the excellent work, and don't let any publisher tell you what to do!

Oh, I loved the demo!

-- 5abanja
Old 09-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #27
Vigilant

I hope to hear some more news on this game soon. I can't see another game with great potential go down the drain.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #28

I hope too that game is still on track for christmas release.

It would be such a shame for an adventure with that much style to just vanish...

Hope we get an update on it's status soon
Old 11-08-2010, 04:59 AM   #29
Cateia Games

The game has finally been released! You can download the demo and buy the game on GamersGate.com

official website: http://www.kaptainbrawe.cateia.com/