You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Time for a new community playthrough?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #641
Senior *female* member

Oh no! You're not backing out, SweetD. You should have at least once the very, very valuable experience of leading an AG community playthrough. So what if you haven't played it till the end... as long as you stay ahead of us.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #642
I changed my title

Is there an estimated date to when the playthrough begins? I'd like to join, but don't have the time right now.

By the way, this is a perfect opportunity to promote this excellent playthrough of the game someone posted on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33199E7B5359D014&feature=plcp

It's 94 videos, and almost 13 hours long, but very informative and thorough. He states the differences between the PC and Playstation versions, places the references (both the Film Noir and the Discworld ones), and goes through pretty much every bit of dialogue in the game.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #643

Nice find, Shany. Those Youtube videos should be a good reference for whomever leads our playthrough.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #644
Senior *female* member

That will be SweetD.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #645
an angel of romance

Alright,people, looks like I'll be leading this playthrough after all (Wish me good luck )

I'll open the playthrough tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow

I hope everyone will have enough time to acquire and install the game If not, there will still be enough time for everybody to finish Act 1
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #646

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
So how are people obtaining copies of the game? As far as I know Discworld Noir isn't available for digital download anywhere. Are you guys going for discs on ebay? I did that a year or so ago.
I hope I will get my copy from Marktplaats (dutch eBay) tomorrow
Just bougt: Edna & Harvey, Machinarium, Scratches Director's Cut
Old 01-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #647

Searched a couple other digital download stores for Discworld Noir. No luck. I guess I'll sit this one out.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #648
Filmfreak

I'm in luck. My friend (who's a big Discworld fan and has probably read all the Pratchett books and keeps pestering me about them - I've only read The Colour of Magic) has 2 Discworld games: Discworld 1 (which I knew, it was his copy I played ten years ago) and Discworld Noir. Yay!

I'll be getting his copy on Friday, and hopefully I'll get it to work on my Vista 64...

How long do these Acts take? 'Cause five days (especially with a weekend in it and with me starting a few days late) will be rather short for me...
Old 01-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #649
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
I'm in luck. My friend (who's a big Discworld fan and has probably read all the Pratchett books and keeps pestering me about them - I've only read The Colour of Magic) has 2 Discworld games: Discworld 1 (which I knew, it was his copy I played ten years ago) and Discworld Noir. Yay!

I'll be getting his copy on Friday, and hopefully I'll get it to work on my Vista 64...

How long do these Acts take? 'Cause five days (especially with a weekend in it and with me starting a few days late) will be rather short for me...
It doesn't take more than 3 days to finish Act I. And even if you don't finish it in time, you can always catch up later on. But don't worry I'll make the finishing time 7 days instead of 5. Will that be ok?
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough
Old 01-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #650
The Quiet One

Quote:
I don't mean to dampen your parade, but I had issues getting the game playable with Vista 32, so I don't know how you'll fare with that.

I know it's not an option for a lot of people, but a dual-boot with XP or 98 is fantastic for these sorts of games.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #651
Senior Passer-by

Off-topic:

'DustyShinigami'? Aren't you supposed to be 'Gazzoid' or something?
Name:  wondering.gif
Views: 208
Size:  1.1 KB
Old 01-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #652
The Quiet One

I was... I had my name changed to match my Xbox Live Gamertag. I prefer this name to my last one...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #653
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post
I don't mean to dampen your parade, but I had issues getting the game playable with Vista 32, so I don't know how you'll fare with that.

I know it's not an option for a lot of people, but a dual-boot with XP or 98 is fantastic for these sorts of games.
I have a VirtualPC with Windows 98 for just such an occasion. I had to make one a few months ago to get King's Quest VII to run...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDalilah View Post
But don't worry I'll make the finishing time 7 days instead of 5. Will that be ok?
That would be super!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
Off-topic:

Old 01-12-2012, 01:09 AM   #654
Senior Passer-by

More off-topic:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post
I was... I had my name changed to match my Xbox Live Gamertag. I prefer this name to my last one...
OK, that's it. From now on call me YanakituNatakote Name:  kreza.gif
Views: 198
Size:  155 Bytes.
Name:  sa_slamkom.gif
Views: 201
Size:  1.1 KB
Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #655
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Quote:
Off topic, but I just had to say, Colour of Magic isn't as good as the other Discworld books. I'd try one of his later ones - if you were going to try another one that is...
Old 01-12-2012, 03:05 AM   #656
Senior *female* member

Quote:
OK, that's it. From now on call me YanakituNatakote
An interesting nickname, I must say. But Mr. YanakituNatakote has only two interests and computer games isn't one of them. Or so Google told me.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #657
The Quiet One

Quote:
More off-topic:

OK, that's it. From now on call me YanakituNatakote
Wow... That's more of a mouthful than mine.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #658

Al Emmo, anyone? (Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure is fine, too )

Yeap, i'm in the western mood.

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!

Last edited by diego; 03-15-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #659
Senior *female* member

Not me. I did like Al Emmo, but I don't want to play it again. What happened to A Vampyre Story, btw?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #660
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
anyone interested in A Vampyre Story playthrough?
Oh, come on people - it matches the winter time nicely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Al Emmo, anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
What happened to A Vampyre Story, btw?
The snow melted.
Name:  wave.gif
Views: 114
Size:  17.1 KB