You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Time for a new community playthrough?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #201

Oh my...community playthrough sounds like fun. I am joining!
Old 08-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #202

Yeah, this is such a marvelous idea! However, since I recently joined the forums, I never had the pleasure of participating in one. So which game is it gonna be now?
Old 08-31-2009, 06:24 PM   #203
Stalker of Britain

Hey all!

Yes, we can do any game you want to do. If "Blackstone Chronicles" is what everyone wants to do, I'd love to lead it! Any other suggestions of what you guys want to play?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 08-31-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:23 AM   #204

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

As far as I'm concerned, either Sanitarium or Blackstone Chronicles are viable option, and maybe I'd prefer BC just a tad more, since the game has no subtitles, and with a playthrough I'd be able to ask for help if I'm having trouble with the voices...
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 09-01-2009, 03:15 AM   #205

If it is still being decided I would prefer Sanitarium because I own contrary to Blackstone Chronicles.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #206

How about more recent titles, such as Secret Files 2 or Mata Hari? Or are community playthroughs usually reserved for classics?

Also, is there an archive of all the previous community playthroughs I can peruse? I'd be interested to see which games have been played so far. I know the last one was for Gabriel Knight 3, but beyond that I'm clueless (to which I apologize).

Anyway, I really, truly love this whole idea of playing an adventure all together.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #207

DeadWolf: select Search, than Advanced, and then search for community playthrough, checking Titles only, and you will find all of them!

As for the new/old games issues, I think it's usually easier to play together old titles, since there are more chances that many peoples own them. Of course, this is not a rule and everyone's free to make a suggestion.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #208

Silly me! I always forget about the 'Titles only' option. Okay, will do. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #209

Yes, yes, yes, a new playthrough!
I would like to play Blackstone Chronicles or Sanitarium, but am not interested in games like Secret Files 2 or Mata Hari (don't seem to be my kind of games, sorry).
I tried to install Blackstone chronicles but failed. So if we play this game I may need some help to install it.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagul View Post
I would like to play Blackstone Chronicles or Sanitarium, but am not interested in games like Secret Files 2 or Mata Hari (don't seem to be my kind of games, sorry).
Well, after looking at previous community playthroughs, I now see they're often targeted at classic titles, and as Andrea said, it's probably better that way as this can help increase the odds of more members joining the fun.

I'd be happy with any good adventure, really. If it's a game I don't possess and am not interested in buying, then I'll follow the thread anyway. Just because it's pure fun!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #211
Stalker of Britain

Well, I'm up for either Blackstone Chronicles or Sanitarium, both favorites of mine that I would love to lead. I'm afraid I don't have those two games you mentioned, Deadwolf, so I'd be out if you guys chose those.

Are we getting more for "Blackstone Chronicles", then? And seagul-I'll try and help you the best I can. I found the game froze on cutscenes on high-detailed, but when I used "low detailed" (that looked the same to me) the cutscenes went just fine. But yes, if I can help you run it, I will.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #212

I'd also love Blackstone Chronicles, but it's so hard to find. Ebay is scarce.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 09-02-2009, 07:02 AM   #213

I bought the book "The Blackstone Chronicles" by John Saul at a flea market last weekend.
Should we include this book in our playthrough (if we choose Blackstone Chronicles)?
This would add a new dimension, but could complicate the fun.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #214
Stalker of Britain

I was thinking if we did do "Blackstone Chronicles", which it sounds most people want to do, that I would add in interesting tidbits from the book that pertain to the game. Although set in the same world, the book concentrates on the decendents of the people associated with the insane asylum, so there's hardly any connection between that and the game. The game focuses in wonderful detail about the inmates and practices done their. There are only small flashbacks in the books about the inmates we meet in the game, but they are interesting, so I thought I'd sprinkle in some background from the book.

As it is, I think unless there are substantial objections, that we'll play "Blackstone Chronicles". I know it's really hard to find, I had to pay a decent amount to get it on Amazon since I read the book, loved it, and knew I had to get the game, which was worth it for me. It isn't for the faint of heart, though, since they do go into detail about the horrors done at asylums, so please keep that in mind.

I'm slightly busy at the moment, even too busy to work on the site stuff, so it may be a week or so, but I'll put it as one of my top priorities.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #215

No problem for me here, since I'm quite busy with Sanitarium. I'll also try to get a hold of the book in the meantime: unless I'm mistaken, it was published years ago here in Italy.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #216

Fine with me, i need time to install the game.
And to start reading the book: sounds interesting if it is not a review of the game (or vice versa).
Old 09-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #217
Stalker of Britain

Oh, the book and game are almost completely different. And very good in their own rights.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #218
Senior *female* member

The Blackstone Chronicles is not hard to find on ebay. There are several copies for sale at the moment.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:30 AM   #219

Default Interested!

I've been intrigued by these community playthroughs before but I never had the chance to join one from the beginning. I'd really like to; haven't heard about the game but I'll trust your ability to choose a good one. When do you think you'll start? I'm tempted to get a big boxed copy off ebay (you can't not love big boxes), but that can take weeks to arrive. There's a fairly cheap option for just the discs from the UK, which I might choose if things are in i hurry.

That being said, I wouldn't mind trying Sanitarium either. I've read some good reviews about this one and there are several brand new copies on ebay.

Looking forward to this.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #220

Hello, Harald, yes join us, it's great fun.
That is ... if i could start the game ...

There, i tried to install Blackstone Chronicles.
It says: unable to initialize quicktime 3. Has someone a newer idea than the ones here:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...one+chronicles